[Petition] PoE Needs an in game Auction House.

"
AxxiusEQ wrote:
No, fuck no! If that fucking thing ever appears in PoE, I'm deleting this game.

Didn't the Diablo 3 disaster teach you anything? It was not an ARPG, it was just a market manipulation game. When you find all your items via trading instead of actually playing the game - it's no longer ARPG.

If you want an auction house - Diablo 3 is still around. Leave PoE alone.

Um D3 doesn't even have even have trading anymore, let alone an AH.

But yeah no automated buying.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
The only type of AH that i can see working is a currency AH
I don't get it how people are against this?

Everyone uses poe.trade. An in game auction house would make it better for newbies to understand and you could be able to list items for selected currencies. There is a lot you can do there if people are worried about how it will go with currency.

Anyhow the implementation itself I highly support. Nothing worse than whispering the 4 people in Tempest offering a certain item / unique that you need and find them all offline yet poe.trade says they're online and you got to wait wait wait till they come online etc.

Trading is horrid in this game.
"
Sogolon wrote:
I don't get it how people are against this?

Everyone uses poe.trade. An in game auction house would make it better for newbies to understand and you could be able to list items for selected currencies. There is a lot you can do there if people are worried about how it will go with currency.

Anyhow the implementation itself I highly support. Nothing worse than whispering the 4 people in Tempest offering a certain item / unique that you need and find them all offline yet poe.trade says they're online and you got to wait wait wait till they come online etc.

Trading is horrid in this game.

People are against it people they like to compare it with D3 system (which ironically had $ transactions integrated in it which obviously attracted a lot of bots) and think the world will end
"
andreicde wrote:

So you say that you are not clever enough to suggest a way to change it, but you directly oppose AH by blaming generation Y & Z for not wanting to play trading simulator most of the time instead of hack and slashing mobs? Also the rest of your argument was just ''I I and I''. Seems pretty egocentric to me. ''I don't have any issues, therefore the game is fine''. Might as well just post in that thread lol.

Yeah, typically when someone is explaining their own interactions/experiences "I" comes into the conversation. Try explaining your standpoint without using the word "I". You're just one of those people who likes to judge other people aren't you? It gets so fucking old to have the ego shit brought into the conversation just because someone has an opposing opinion...seems pretty douchey to me. And yes, I oppose the AH cause it's a horrible idea when we already have the tools necessary to trade reliably which you would have gotten from what I wrote had you not focused on the "I"s. Looking thru your post history I see a lot of "I's" in there so I guess if I wanted to be douchey I could say the same about you.

If you wanna criticize me further, please take it to PM.

The barter system works fine. If you don't want to haggle then pay the asked price and move on or don't and go play self-found. It takes minutes to get what you're looking for with the current system. Dunno how "trading simulator" comes into it unless you're just wanting to play the market and get rich. If you wanted to, you can fully equip a character in less than half an hour. If half an hour is too much time for you to spend on gearing a char then I don't know what to tell you...you're obviously playing the wrong game because there is absolutely no instant gratification built into this game. Which is exactly what you're asking for with an AH.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
andreicde wrote:

So you say that you are not clever enough to suggest a way to change it, but you directly oppose AH by blaming generation Y & Z for not wanting to play trading simulator most of the time instead of hack and slashing mobs? Also the rest of your argument was just ''I I and I''. Seems pretty egocentric to me. ''I don't have any issues, therefore the game is fine''. Might as well just post in that thread lol.

Yeah, typically when someone is explaining their own interactions/experiences "I" comes into the conversation. Try explaining your standpoint without using the word "I". You're just one of those people who likes to judge other people aren't you? It gets so fucking old to have the ego shit brought into the conversation just because someone has an opposing opinion...seems pretty douchey to me. And yes, I oppose the AH cause it's a horrible idea when we already have the tools necessary to trade reliably which you would have gotten from what I wrote had you not focused on the "I"s. Looking thru your post history I see a lot of "I's" in there so I guess if I wanted to be douchey I could say the same about you.

If you wanna criticize me further, please take it to PM.

The barter system works fine. If you don't want to haggle then pay the asked price and move on or don't and go play self-found. It takes minutes to get what you're looking for with the current system. Dunno how "trading simulator" comes into it unless you're just wanting to play the market and get rich. If you wanted to, you can fully equip a character in less than half an hour. If half an hour is too much time for you to spend on gearing a char then I don't know what to tell you...you're obviously playing the wrong game because there is absolutely no instant gratification built into this game. Which is exactly what you're asking for with an AH.

lol someone definitely did not do a lot of endgame. You have to play the market game if you want to afford endgame content. But sure, live in your imaginary bubble where trading is super fast (gl with the afk ''online'' poe trade folks)
"
andreicde wrote:

lol someone definitely did not do a lot of endgame. You have to play the market game if you want to afford endgame content. But sure, live in your imaginary bubble where trading is super fast (gl with the afk ''online'' poe trade folks)

No you don't. You can do it just fine self found. I've got multiple lvl 85ish characters that can attest to that, one of which had 40k+ dps and fantastic clear speed (2.0 killed that build so she's retired).

Also, trading is super fast if you're willing to compromise.

FWIW I have done my fair share of end game. You've just got your blinders on and can only see one path while there are in-fact many paths to be taken. I'll let you get back to your judging people now. :)

You obviously don't know what you're talking about so I have absolutely nothing else to say to you.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Also, trading is super fast if you're willing to compromise.

Compromise:

- Tab out for each non b/o stash trade to avoid any scam try.
- Tab out each time to update your shop
- Tab out each time you want to check for an upgrade
- Accept to beeing insulted lot of time per days ( most of time by old player when looking private pro )
- Accept to waste more time with sleepy guys
- Accept to run a third party tools where you have to enter login / pass without any legal warranty in case of troubles
- Accept to use the opposite of anything ergonomics
- Accept to be kind most of time when someone is lowballing you on a fixed price
- Accept to see your items flipped not even 10 min after selling them for most of good upgrades
- Accept to let third party free to add options making it easier to scam new players ( like account age for example )

Yeah ok. I'm sure it was built on a good intention to use " compromise " ...
Removed my supporter tags and advertising i was doing on website. The Q&A clarified things.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Aug 27, 2015, 9:46:33 PM
An in-game auction house is a must for the game. The majority of players avoid trading because it's cumbersome and tedious.

Been playing the game since pre-release BETA and still hate trading even though I use procurement and poe.trade.
All that and a bag of chips!
"
The majority of players avoid trading because it's cumbersome and tedious.

+1000
Hf :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info