Map drops - assessment of 2.0.0, and changes coming in 2.0.2

Nothing changed. Maps still too rare to make up for the maps and currency lost due to crashes. 76 is the highest I'm currently comfortable with running without smashing the Monitor when I lose the map.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
So, i ran 140 maps between 77-79 since patch and i ended up making profit due to items.
But when it comes to mapdrops i went back to the stoneage. Mostly maps of lower lvl dropped (80% of the time) and this resulted in not being sustainable. I had to rely on heavy trading.
So the last update is not noticeable in the initial reports! (less then 1% difference then it was before).
There is suppose to be a nice signature picture here
The price of 76s has fallen a bit, which indicates a change in the 74-76 bracket and I can confirm that from the maps I ran.
However, maps 77 and above don't give any indications of drop rate changes. Maybe it was bumped a bit, but it was so low previously that the increase didn't make any noticeable change. If the chance is 0.1%, increasing it to 0.15% doesn't solve anything.
Last edited by morinius on Aug 21, 2015, 3:02:10 PM
Waiting for GGG to comment.

I agree that the system needs a re-work, maybe even the entire map system needs a re-work. What is really bad though, GGG guys, is that "discussion" in the patch notes. Seriously, I really like this game, but the last days I have spent on making another character Atziri viable rather than playing any maps above 75, because of the mapping system. I was having high hopes for 2.0.2, and all I get as the "discussion" I was waiting for is a single line? We want to play this game! But you make it soooo frustrating.

And now that I want to get that character a few more levels to potentially make it Uber viable, I have to face that map system again. And it makes me cringe. That map system... really, it is a pain, it feels unrewarding, no, it actually feels punishing.

Maybe you should invite a few players into a kind of advisory panel. Players that are not streamers, players that are not GGG employees that know all the details that you are not telling us. And ask them for their opinion. Sometimes it feels like you have no idea of what the player base feels like, and your communication in this forum is... pretty mediocre.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
There is no improvement since the patch. Only difference is you can't even get 76 maps in a 76 map. Before I could at least break even ... sort of.

Please make is to we can at least sustain maps higher than lvl 74.
Censored.
XVDFBHDJGHKLHLJKL
I am quite happy with the current state of the game with the exception of map loss to bugs, not a HC elitist but map drops are sustainable for me up till 80 maps which I accept is a rare occurrence, I see a lot of comments about rolling maps and building base, however no one mentioned that by building a base you don't run into the situation of running your highest map and your next highest is 4-5 levels lower making the play feel disjointed and making the xp gains from those maps far less useful because of the diminishing returns of xp from maps as you level to higher levels.

I run my maps well over 100 iiq and adopt a more careful playstyle I do believe it is a MMO and partying is intended so pooling maps or doing rotations should yield better results than solo play.
view-thread/1694128 Explosive Arrow 2.4 Pathfinder STD League
view-thread/1765907 CI Claw Reave Assassin 2.4 Endgame STD League
GMT +2
It felt like the drop rate was even worse, if not exactly the same. I lost my entire map pool last night, other than three maps. I didn't get a single +0/1 level map (and only one -1, the rest were much lower level, and maps did drop, just shitty ones). A lot of those maps were bought, and then the currency to roll them and also apply Zana mods (trying to get some returns here)... I lost a lot of currency. Because I have invested a lot into this character, I'm going to continue with it until my currency and maps are all gone, but honestly I don't think I'll get very far or have something to do for very long with the way things are now. Sucks.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Aug 22, 2015, 9:35:31 AM
Drop rate isn't too bad. There is a problem I'm seeing. Before the change, there was what looked to be an equal chance at pack size/magic/rare of any percent being combined with reflect/low regen/no regen/minus max cap resist. With the changes, you can never get a pack size above 14% without having low regen/no regen/minus max cap resist. Refelect was not carried over. For low life or resist dependent builds that have little or no impact from reflect, we're all stuck with 14% or less pack size. And from what I've seen, pack size plays more of a part, after the changes, in map drop rate versus prior map changes where magic/rare played more of a part.

I'd like to see a tweak where you can still have a decent possibility of map pack size above 14% without having low regen/no regen/minus max cap resist.

It's been a few weeks. The drop rate I was seeing applied to highly modified 77 maps.
The mods for 78 don't have the same problems on mod combos v pack size; but, the drop rate is too low now that I have more data on 78-79 runs. There's no way to sustain anything above 77 without buying them or rerunning low to no xp maps.
Last edited by laerkai on Sep 5, 2015, 12:03:16 PM
The change is very fine. Before the patch I have to stick with my MF Witch (90/ 210 IIQ/IIR) and still find it hard to build up a decent 75-79 pool. Now I can run with my Marauder 0% IIQ and I'm swimming in 75-76s. 80s and above still extremely hard to find, which I believe had matched the purposed of GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info