Map drops - assessment of 2.0.0, and changes coming in 2.0.2

I will start with the positive point:

- I have more unique maps (already run 2 Malström of chaos / 1 Acton's Nightmare and 1 Poorjoy's Asylum [ with a conquer by the redblades mods in bonus... outch that's hurts])

Now the bad one(s) :

Before the patch 2.0.2 I was able to find 76-77 maps but now It's painful. Yesterday I have run a dark forest maps (lvl 75) , kill the boss and it's drop me a rare map :

Nice reward!

I have run 2 malformation maps (lvl 76) and don't get any +2 / +1 or +0 maps but some 69 or 70 maps.

I rarely alch my maps and use more transmutation on it. I think it was that but as I read others post that don't change anything.

Only remain one lvl 76 maps. after that back to 73....
Last edited by shadoon on Aug 26, 2015, 6:49:51 AM
heres a thought. My observations above are sort of meaningless right? I ran 5 maps and got blah, and then these other 5 and got bleh. That doesnt really mean anything because the sample size isnt big enough, right? Anyone who seriously maps will probably agree with that. A day or mapping is not enough to make a judgement because maybe you just got unlucky here and lucky there. A few days isnt enough to be meaningful, even a week of mapping, a week is not enough to make meaningful judgements because one guy gets 10 really lucky maps in that week and another guy gets 10 really unlucky maps instead and their overall impression of the system and their ability to sustain in that time frame is entirely different as a result. So someone says I ran 10, 20, 40 maps and this is what happened... that has a very limited importance on some level. Insignificant quantity of maps run to make a judgement.

But doesnt that in itself prove somethings wrong? Doesnt that fact actually tell us something? Well you mapped for a week and felt like you got shit on, that could just be rng. Doesnt that tell us how much of the system is down to rng and how much is down to investment? Run white maps all day for 3 days, run 100% quant for 3 days, you cant expect the 100% quant to have paid off in any sort of consistent fashon, you cant expect that investment of 500+ chaos worth of currency to make any meaningful difference in the face of the amount of rng in the system. Imo that in itself is a meaningful statement about just how dysfunctional the system is imo, that says everything.

Endgame access is based on rng, and that rng can be overcome by buying access to endgame from xyz. I dont think thats healthy, at all. Im not even talking about my personal current access to content at blah blah level etc, just as an over view of the system I think thats pretty awful.
played 4h each day for 5 days, done a lot of 75/76 with 100%+ quantity + pack size..., 0 77+. Feel like i'm stuck in cruel... Ridiculous system honestly.
For the first 1-2 days i recognized an slight increased droprate of 74+ maps,
but shortly now iam down to 71-72 maps...

Due to recent events i lost so much trust in GGG that i would not be surprised they secretly nerfed mapdrops back to nirvana right after the crowd was cheering about the announced droprate change.
Makes me wonder why not just allow players to craft/purchase inferior Normal Level Maps for each Level Range on the maps. It'll at least give players a somewhat more steady flow of maps to play end-game.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

looked at the 5th map and asked myself why am I putting myself through this? Why am I playing these retardedly rippy maps?

Shit i wish i would have come to that realization by the 5th map.... i dont even know how many thousands on Chaos i dumped into maps this league but i know for a fact its WAY more than i ever had in a year within 3 weeks!

My breaking point..... 76 Double Hasted Dominus.... Blue 68 Grotto dropped! That was enough to tell me something isnt right somewhere when one of the hardest boss's i the game gives less than nothing!

Atleast D3 put out a decent patch! I never played seasons before because of the same reason i never played leagues in POE till this time around! I broke down and tried leagues this time and well you know how its going... same as everyone else! But im having fun ATM playing D3! But im sure it wont last long!

D3 everything can be pretty much done in a couple weeks! POE theres ALOT more time one can invest!
But its filler till the next patch for POE and see what they do about all these issues!

Ive kinda done this for a while now going back and forth! i guess it works out since both games you can get pretty burned out playing the same thing every single day!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Aug 30, 2015, 3:24:42 PM
What should be changed as soon as possible: with the bosses can drop only +2 lvl or -2 lvl maps.

Sorry for my bad English.
SC legues V
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
heres a thought. My observations above are sort of meaningless right? I ran 5 maps and got blah, and then these other 5 and got bleh. That doesnt really mean anything because the sample size isnt big enough, right? Anyone who seriously maps will probably agree with that. A day or mapping is not enough to make a judgement because maybe you just got unlucky here and lucky there. A few days isnt enough to be meaningful, even a week of mapping, a week is not enough to make meaningful judgements because one guy gets 10 really lucky maps in that week and another guy gets 10 really unlucky maps instead and their overall impression of the system and their ability to sustain in that time frame is entirely different as a result. So someone says I ran 10, 20, 40 maps and this is what happened... that has a very limited importance on some level. Insignificant quantity of maps run to make a judgement.

But doesnt that in itself prove somethings wrong? Doesnt that fact actually tell us something? Well you mapped for a week and felt like you got shit on, that could just be rng. Doesnt that tell us how much of the system is down to rng and how much is down to investment? Run white maps all day for 3 days, run 100% quant for 3 days, you cant expect the 100% quant to have paid off in any sort of consistent fashon, you cant expect that investment of 500+ chaos worth of currency to make any meaningful difference in the face of the amount of rng in the system. Imo that in itself is a meaningful statement about just how dysfunctional the system is imo, that says everything.

Endgame access is based on rng, and that rng can be overcome by buying access to endgame from xyz. I dont think thats healthy, at all. Im not even talking about my personal current access to content at blah blah level etc, just as an over view of the system I think thats pretty awful.

I just want to say that literally every message Snorkle_uk has posted in this thread has been fucking on-point and brilliant, and saved me a ton of typing. Thank you very much, Snorkle, and I hope somebody at GGG is actually listening to what you are saying.
"
I just want to say that literally every message Snorkle_uk has posted in this thread has been fucking on-point and brilliant, and saved me a ton of typing. Thank you very much, Snorkle, and I hope somebody at GGG is actually listening to what you are saying.

Hope is all there has been for a long time now, and that's now low.

But hey we now got 4 times more Shav's, Mjölners and Kaom's to frolic around in mundane content with.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Sep 1, 2015, 6:19:04 AM
My goal in this game has kind of shifted from running maps to running Atziri (and eventually Uber Atziri), cause there is at least a reliable way of getting to run that map. It is also cheaper.

But hey, more people are running maps than ever. And GGG is happy, while we are not.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info