Map drops - assessment of 2.0.0, and changes coming in 2.0.2

*insert thank you gif here*
"What's do you what?" - Kira of the Maraketh
How do the map drop rates fit HC more? They don't fit anything, HC players don't want to hit a brick wall on maps and be forced to run ridiculous hard maps that they could be two shot in at any moment just so they have the ability to keep playing the game. The map drop rates fit softcore when anyone can run any map they like and not give a shit because it's softcore, they will have a much easier time getting maps.
Really fascinating. Thank you guys for your diligence. :)

Three million maps a week sounds pretty healthy to me.
Nice!
Ive been grinding maps (lvl 76/77) non stop the last week (avarage of 16h a day) in "softcore" (warbands). i really enjoy it compaired with how it was before 2.0 (had a long break and returned to 2.0). I actually make profit and the maps keep coming, alltho the difficulty between the maps at this level is crazy.
Will be intrested how 78/79 turns out to be GGG!
There is suppose to be a nice signature picture here
"
Qarl wrote:
Around 80% of maps are run in non-hardcore leagues, so we do need to make sure the drop rates fit the dominant styles of play.

Just kill me now

▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
I'm fine with the mapsystem as it is. I have been running 76+ maps all day and have even saved up a couple 80+ maps.
I am level 92 in Warbands, and have a decent pool of 77's, however its not the difficulty of these maps that makes me not run them, its the currency required to roll them. I mostly stick to 75-76 maps. Chisels are the biggest issues, I can run most map mods, but finding chisels is hard, even when utilizing the chisel recipe. This is why I horde them, id rather do them with chisels than waste them since I wont be getting anything out of a non-chiseled map.
Why pour your heart and soul into making maps (80-82) that are as rare as eternal orbs? I've never had an eternal orb and don't know what a mirror is as I've never had one. Is it such a bad thing to make these higher tier maps a little more accessible??

Thanks for at least semi-acknowledging the issue :)
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
Thanks for the information, this is helpful. I assume that means that the map drops will be (slightly) buffed in map levels 74-79?

However, it would be very helpful if you could comment on

a) what map level is intended to be sustainable, and at what cost?
b) are maps intended to be a currency sink (require more currency than they yield?
c) how are you trying to balance solo mapping vs. group mapping or are maps supposed to be run in groups?

About the third point: Groups on average have more currency and can spend more on maps. One option to counteract that, which has been brought up a few times now, would be to make Zana mods be a per-portal-cost rather than a flat cost for 6 portals.

Comments on those points would be extremely helpful!

Thanks.

EDIT: I still think that content should be gated by difficulty, not RNG.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Aug 11, 2015, 10:20:34 PM
I think it's very important that the bugs with instances crashing are fixed along with this. Part of the reason I've been reluctant to run higher maps, and have either been doing lower content or not playing at all, is that I've already had a few 76s lost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info