Map drops - assessment of 2.0.0, and changes coming in 2.0.2

"
morinius wrote:
One of the problems is monster density. If the map has low monster density, even if you roll +150 iiq and pack size, it will not drop anything. Certain map levels have more of these maps and people are getting stuck on them regardless of drop rate.
You need to either increase drops in such maps or increase the amount of monsters in them.

Yes, the problem with maps is more deepely rooted than just some numbers tweaking.

GGG confirmed that 74s tier is a noticeable brickwall. It's so because 74s are entry level to mid-tier and can roll harder mods, but also because it consists of difficult maps, with awful layouts, hard mob combinations and some nasty bosses (Jungle, TC & Labyrinth). Tier 75 is easier in comparison.

To create a proper smooth experience, endgame maps have to be re-assessed on all levels: mechanics, number tweaking and level design.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Way to fail with the map drops GGG. Way to disappoint your playerbase.

Just revert to pre 2.0.0 before you ruined everything. FFS
I only played the first two weeks of the start of the leagues, reached lvl 96 and left due to being forced to do 77s (which barely gave me 1% after three maps).

As i didnt work today ive been trying the "buff" on 2.02 and its just painful, even worse than before. I spent all 77/78 i had left, i didnt get ANY 77+ back simply ZERO and all maps had atrocious mods up to 187 IIQ, I even died 1 time.

I looted two 76, two 75, three 74 and about 20 maps between 68-73 (mostly of them 71/72).
Seriously?

Just pay a look at my gear and you'll realize that i simply can't do harder maps since they don't exist:

Ive been on poe since 2012 (look profile), but atm this game its just bullshit and really looks gonna be P2W in a year. Dont count me in.
Yet another fart patch come out, 0*0=0 Good job ggg.
Wan'na kill me? Do it faster!
I have 87 level ( Warbands ). Today I got to the wall. I have already just maps 71 and 70.
Further gaining experience seems pointless. I never thought that the possibility of further play will be so heavily limited by the drop of maps. The game told me today - you have to stop playing. I am very surprised and did not know what to think about ?
As I expected. For some unknown reason they want exactly this. I would not be surprised if they lower instead of increase high levels(76+) map drop with this patch.
Last edited by Joleco on Aug 20, 2015, 9:15:44 PM
"
Koksii wrote:
"
We will discuss the changes in the 2.0.2 patch notes next week.

Patchnotes
"
Increased the drop rate of end-game Maps to smoothen the curve into level 74-79 maps.

nice "discussion" :D

Shhhhh! Deep in discussion here.
Casually casual.

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
NBlackLotusN wrote:

Agree here, what did you guys really do? buffed maps drop rate from 1% to 1.1% and called it a day?

you might be half joking there, but thats literally what theyve done I think.

You know what 150% quant on a map buys you? a map that crashes, thats your return on investment, a map you cant even go back in to if u were careless enough to drop a port near a loot pile.

I spent over 100 chaos of currency on maps last night and what I got back was less than I would have got if I ran them white and then bought maps with the chaos. You know how I know that 100% for sure? Because the maps I got back were worth under 100 chaos combined, that means if I dropped 1 single map in all those white maps I would have had more returns on my investments than I actually got from running -max extra as lightning vulnerability horrific maps. Now if its not worth investing in lvl78/79 maps tell me what level of maps I have to be running where spending a single chaos orb on them is worth it? Because its obviously something higher than 78/79.

Its like fusing with quality, spend 20 fusing on a 6 socket how many 6 links did u get? spend 20 fusing on a 6 socket with 20%q each time how many 6 links did u get? Same answer, 0 for both. If you spend 30,000 fusing at 0q and then 30,000 at 20q maybe you will be able to observe the benefit of using quality in a consistent fashion. Thats how maps are, run 3,000 maps at 150%q and yeah Im sure you can notice u got more maps, sadly what you will have spent on those maps could have bought you at least as many if not more and you are still a bloody mug for spending a single chaos on a map you could have run from just the alch.

Someone remind me why I even waste my time posting any feedback on this stupid game? I dont even know why Im still playing it quite frankly.

I do take back what I said, actually did you guys really buff it or nerfed it from 1% to 0% and called it a day? and told us: see guys here is a buff will make you happy, dunnu if GGG know the difference between buff and nerf. I have my doubts here.

btw I will remind you why you waste your time here, same thing goes for me, we both love this game and want to play it more and to do more, but GGG don't love us.
"
morbo wrote:
I've done a 3hr mapping session from 75s to 78s and it seems about the same to me. Some garbage rolled 60% dropped a ton of maps and I "even" got a 79 out of a 142% Springs, but mostly it's just -2 to -5 drops...

In most cases I run 100%+ maps, which are noticeably more difficult than 60% maps, but the returns are the same.

GGG, mapping is still a senseless mess, because:

* too wide RNG variance in drops
* you over-nerfed cartoboxes (practically non-existent now)
* you totally nerfed exiles, beyond bosses, invasion bosses...
* you made Zana 8 useless
* map drops depend more on hidden parameters (seed) than parameters under player control
* map quantity = difficulty, does not influence the quality of maps dropped (see first point)
* there's way too much temporal chains & ice ground bullshit
* bugs leading to DC's & crashes

A system with great potential to deliver that difficulty-based progression ARPG fans love, messed up by weirdo economy-centric design invented by people who played D2 as a trade simulator. GGG, your shiny new offices need more ARPG players and less monopoly & gambling enthusiast.

My thoughts, exactly.
"
Yggdrasil_57 wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
I've done a 3hr mapping session from 75s to 78s and it seems about the same to me. Some garbage rolled 60% dropped a ton of maps and I "even" got a 79 out of a 142% Springs, but mostly it's just -2 to -5 drops...

In most cases I run 100%+ maps, which are noticeably more difficult than 60% maps, but the returns are the same.

GGG, mapping is still a senseless mess, because:

* too wide RNG variance in drops
* you over-nerfed cartoboxes (practically non-existent now)
* you totally nerfed exiles, beyond bosses, invasion bosses...
* you made Zana 8 useless
* map drops depend more on hidden parameters (seed) than parameters under player control
* map quantity = difficulty, does not influence the quality of maps dropped (see first point)
* there's way too much temporal chains & ice ground bullshit
* bugs leading to DC's & crashes

A system with great potential to deliver that difficulty-based progression ARPG fans love, messed up by weirdo economy-centric design invented by people who played D2 as a trade simulator. GGG, your shiny new offices need more ARPG players and less monopoly & gambling enthusiast.

My thoughts, exactly.

Mine too. I usually read morbo posts and agree with him 95% of the times.

I played 5x75 maps today, I know, very low sample, but my feelings are the same. Its like they changed nothing T_T...
♠RaGoN♦

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info