Map drops - assessment of 2.0.0, and changes coming in 2.0.2

"
Norbinsz wrote:
rly happy to read that somthing change coming soon to map drops....
i am lvl97 on warband and i am affraid to run my lvl78+ maps because the chance to see any higher lvl map return is to low...

btw only a question
magic and rare beyond monsters can drop map? because i mapping a lot and never saw (since 2.0) any map drop from beyond mobs
i know exiles and other uniq mobs cannot drop maps but what about the rare and magic beyonders?

If we were to read the patch notes we would see that unique beyond monsters cannot drop maps [Bonus unique monsters (such as Rogue Exiles) can not drop maps] but there is no mention of non-unique monsters being unable, in fact the only suggestion is that they can drop maps, at least magic and rare [Magic and rare monsters can drop maps that are one level above the area you're in].

Leaving out a patch note as huge as beyond monsters no longer being able to drop maps would be pretty bad. People could spend a lot of currency rolling beyond and adding Zana beyond when in fact they would have no more map drops for the cost.

However, it indeed appears that beyond mobs, period, simply cannot drop maps.

Leaving that out of the patch notes was unforgivable, yet, sadly, not surprising.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Aug 17, 2015, 7:22:51 PM
I think I had a beyond mob drop a map.

Then again map drops are in such a shit place right now it's hard to tell.... maybe it was a pot I broke around them and not a monster kill; that one time; one freaking time; that a beyond mob dropped a map ?

I run beyond as often as I can, mostly I'm trying to run into the big A-hole Abaxoth to test my character. We shall meet Abaxoth and on that day you shall feel my wrath.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'

Last edited by LORRAINE666 on May 26, 2018, 3:45:32 PM
When is the pattttch? >.>
I heard the patch comes today (wednesday)
ya, i just want to echo the sentiment of others. Map drops are infuriating. It's not like I don't see map drops. I do. Sometimes I see 3-4 drop per map.

It's just, who the fuck wants to see 68-75 maps drop on a 78? I did full clear of the Abyss map (lvl81?) and King Koam shit me out a Mountain Ledge.

I mean, seriously, fuck off with that.

And please, un-nerf carto boxes a bit. Seen 3 on my journey from lvl 1 to lvl 96.6...and only one of those was in a zone high enough for me to care about.

Thank you for listening to my rant, and look forward to a patch that actually does something about this.
"
Qarl wrote:
We will discuss the changes in the 2.0.2 patch notes next week.

Now that the patch notes are out can we get some clarification on what some of the changes are? At least some breadcrumbs for us peasants :p

Are unique monsters still not map drop friendly? For example beyond monsters?
"
We will discuss the changes in the 2.0.2 patch notes next week.

Patchnotes
"
Increased the drop rate of end-game Maps to smoothen the curve into level 74-79 maps.

nice "discussion" :D
Last edited by Koksii on Aug 19, 2015, 6:22:35 PM
cheers for the map drop patch.

Ive run 4x lvl78 maps chiseled, alched, chaosed to 100% quant, 3 sacrifice pieces put in, 10 chaos zana mod on every one and.... so far I got one +1 map, two -1 maps and then a few random 68 maps...

....not looking good.
"
"There is a serious bump of maps being run at level 73, more than at level 72, and then a solid dive at level 74. This is partially due to level 74 being where the harder mods kick in."

===
SURE. Im oneshoting everything - nice hard mods. The problem is the stupid drop. Lucky me got 1 76map, run it, got FIVE maps 68 68 68 72 73. My stash tabs r full with shitty maps, just make it when the maps drops to be in close range, not -8 or -5.
Now I just buy my maps, which is stupid cuz no fun in that part of the game.
Waiting to see what change will be made, if not = gl ez /quit.

Use a vendor and transmute your shitty maps in to higher level maps then!
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info