Map drops - assessment of 2.0.0, and changes coming in 2.0.2

With the size of your new offices and all the new people you could hire with the squillions you make from shop purchases, you'd think you could release a few hundred more map types into the game?

How about u let us to combine diff maps types to get a +1 level(as long as they are same level), so we dont need to hoard a huge bunch of maps for vendor recipe?
"
Kagari wrote:
"Expert players"...so what do they do better than the rest ? If maps don't wanna drop you can be a hobo or a gosu gamer you're screwed.

As long as game content access is gated behing RNG, there will be wars.

"expert players" (expert traders) are simply those who can afford to drop ~30 chaos orbs on a map, until they get double packs size mod with high quantity. Then use 3x sac.frag and pay another 12 chaos for ambush.

If everything fails, an "expert player" can just buy his 80+ maps for 40, 60, 80 chaos... whatever they cost.

----
A monkey can roll a map, if he has the orbs.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Aug 17, 2015, 2:50:05 AM
Any news when the patch will be released this week?
Cool. Maybe I can actually start running 76+ maps instead of just selling them all =P
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
"many elements have been received well" No shit Einstein? Could you please post at least few of them?
Rare monster map drop nerfed, rogue exile map drop nerfed. Zana nerfed. Boss drops are shit. 20% +2 map my ass. If boss drops like 10% map at all, then divide it and you'll get like 2 fucking percent +2 map drop. Do I need to run 50 maps to get that fucking +2 rofl?

Experienced players? Oh you mean those few beloved streamers who are 24/7 spoon-fed or those RWT who can buy high content all day long? Cool. If you gather your game around those few dozen of people I really hope you receive enough bucks from them to maintain your shit.
Bullshit makes the flowers grow
rly happy to read that somthing change coming soon to map drops....
i am lvl97 on warband and i am affraid to run my lvl78+ maps because the chance to see any higher lvl map return is to low...

btw only a question
magic and rare beyond monsters can drop map? because i mapping a lot and never saw (since 2.0) any map drop from beyond mobs
i know exiles and other uniq mobs cannot drop maps but what about the rare and magic beyonders?
My IGN: Norbey
Last edited by Norbinsz on Aug 17, 2015, 11:36:37 AM
I don't post a lot on the forums.... just not my style. Don't like to complain or feel the need to share really. The map situation past lvl 74 is an issue and I'm glad it's "potentially" being addressed.

I play solo, almost exclusively because that is what I enjoy doing. For the last 6 months, I've been focusing on getting a character leveled into high 90s on standard. Without a sustainable drop rate of higher lvl maps (75 and higher), this isn't possible. Pre 2.0, at least you could rely on lvl 8 Zana dailies. Now half her dailes are lvl 73 it seems...

Thank God I've been hoarding currency, as that is the only thing sustaining me at this point.

If the problem isn't addressed you'll likely have quite a few players go inactive or resort to RMT. Don't think I will be one though. Been with this game for a couple of years now and I'm addicted.

All that being said, the problem will be addressed I think. I've been involved with PC gaming since the 80s and I've never encountered a developer more in touch with their user base than GGG. You can never be all things to all people, but this game is close. One way or another, this situation will be resolved to the satisfaction of most players, if past history is any indicator.
Is there s difference in map drop rates solo vs parties? I've seen it asked a couple of times in this thread, but not an answer. If I missed it, sorry....
"
jamesmcv wrote:
Is there s difference in map drop rates solo vs parties? I've seen it asked a couple of times in this thread, but not an answer. If I missed it, sorry....

No. Only the total quantity on the map determines map drops. Party bonus & IIQ on gear does not influence map drops.

A party just gets a lot cheaper XP gain, since you share rolling expenses.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info