[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

Loving the build after the expansion, scion is a great class for WI. Just hit 90 and it could not have gone smoother. Sitting at 1550 int and 10,3k ES atm. Still have room for improvements, higher es gloves, quality gems and more...

gear

Ingame: ReExist
I cant get 3R1B ES gear:( Tried chrome but no luck. Poe trade too expensive or shitty ES:/ Any tips how to aquire one?
"
Asag wrote:
I cant get 3R1B ES gear:( Tried chrome but no luck. Poe trade too expensive or shitty ES:/ Any tips how to aquire one?

https://siveran.github.io/calc.html - Vorici calculator, for when you need to figure out the most efficient way to get obscure socket colors.

Vorici 1R is the best way to get 3R1B on sorcerer gloves (or any other item with ~100 int requirement), and will cost an average of 135 chromatic orbs to do so. Not cheap, but also not huge in comparison to what it already takes to gear this build.

If you really can't get the 3R, then skipping increased duration on immortal call is an option. Replace with some high crit spell like ice spear to trigger elemental overload more often.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
Last edited by Baalorlord on Mar 13, 2016, 5:47:04 PM
Chromatics are the easiest currency to obtain. Just don't neglect to pick up RGB drops:

Show
SocketGroup RGB
SetBackgroundColor 0 0 0
SetBorderColor 255 0 255

Expect to spend 100-200 of those coloring gloves or boots. It's really nothing compared to how often they drop. At least this build doesn't require off-coloring 4 sockets! :)
Hello! First of all, I want to thank you for this AMAZING build! I play it not so long, but I see, it's really easy and nice to play.

But I want to ask a question - is these build can be viable for Witch, especially for Elementalist? What are pros and cons? Which way can I adapt these passive tree for Witch, if it's possible?

Hope for your fast reply. Best wishes :)
Last edited by AlluriaRin on Mar 14, 2016, 8:18:19 AM
"
Baalorlord wrote:
"
Asag wrote:

If you really can't get the 3R, then skipping increased duration on immortal call is an option. Replace with some high crit spell like ice spear to trigger elemental overload more often.

Yeah Im using atm Ice Spear to trigger EO. Will try later 1R vorici, was spamming just chromes on boots so far.
"
AlluriaRin wrote:
Hello! First of all, I want to thank you for this AMAZING build! I play it not so long, but I see, it's really easy and nice to play.

But I want to ask a question - is these build can be viable for Witch, especially for Elementalist? What are pros and cons? Which way can I adapt these passive tree for Witch, if it's possible?

This build can be played with a Witch, but then you will NEED Skyforth (i.e. really high budget). Without stun immunity a character with 1 life is a sitting duck in high tier maps. Scion has an option of taking Unwavering Stance that's not possible with a Witch. Many CI Witch builds use Chayula, but we can't give up Astramentis, it's too good.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 14, 2016, 12:50:27 PM
"
AlluriaRin wrote:

As the poster below has said, this build can work as a witch (or even templar) but it will be inferior to the scion version, both because of worse tree pathing and because you will miss out on 50% more damage from scion's Berserker ascendancy which lets us use a different support gem instead of Life Leech.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
AlluriaRin wrote:

This build can be played with a Witch, but then you will NEED Skyforth (i.e. really high budget). Without stun immunity a character with 1 life is a sitting duck in high tier maps. Scion has an option of taking Unwavering Stance that's not possible with a Witch. Many CI Witch builds use Chayula, but we can't give up Astramentis, it's too good.

But if I'll have Skyforth, this problem can be solved, right? Gear is not a problem, I just lookin' for some alternative variants. :)

Thx for your answers!!
Ok so Im getting more and more Int, more and more ES and I wanna say only one thing:

OMFG THIS BUILD IS FUKING UNBELIEVABLE

I have now only 890 Int and 6900 ES at lvl 74 and I already can do things that I was never able to do before, for example today got 8 mods corrupted map with beyond. Inside unique barrel and alot of mobs, was fighting Unique spider from barrel, mobs from cadiro chest, swarm of invasion mobs and invasion boss at the same time. Everything died so fast that I wasnt even able to see what boss it was because was covered by other mobs and effects. Without even one rip.
On all my previous characters I would die probably few times or would even run out of portals.

And this with so bad gear like:

Spoiler

Still so much room for upgrades, my next goal is astramentis but need few more chaos orbs. And ofc my pasive tree is far from finished. I think this will be my first character that can kill uber after some practice and Im so happy right now that I decided to roll WI build in Perandus.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info