[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

if your playing scion, extra point and the 20int/20dex node. personally i think Elementalist is better now.
If someone wants to have some fun on standard, here's a tree. I can do safe uber, hierophant/elementalist with 10k es +.

Of course, since is in Standard, you may have expensive gear.

Here's the tree and gear if someone needs, it's Skyforth's variation, with help of GiftSender.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADuBAcIZwnZDXwOSA5cEFgRLRFQEZYV1xhWGYoabB0UHU8fAh8YIFkpTyo4Kk0snCy_LOktHy2oNbk2xTxLPydFR0V-RnFKyEyzUEJRdFH7VkhWY1fJWBdZbV3yXypfal-YX7BmVGr6bRlvnnvDf8aCm4LkgwmD94TFhXuGroazh2WKr4w2jHaO6Y9Gj_qQEZMnkzqVIJcGm7Wdrp48oS-iLqI-oqOkoKaZpwinK6-Nr5uxkLQMtQS31r0nvoC-ir68wGbBxcHzwzrEospGykrK080WzzLQH9DQ1abYJNtZ4q3kIuq66-TsGOw47-s=?accountName=Qwatayean&characterName=QwataKayean

Gear:

Edit: If you feel on your lucky day, you dont need discipline and go with blasph + tempchains or warlord's mark if you want to run on red socket fire pen.

With non-legacy perandus, its around 1300 int. With legacy it's 1460-1500. A change of +600/800 tooltip avg damage.
Last edited by Qwatayean on Jul 19, 2016, 10:20:20 PM
With the huge nerf to scion do you guys think witch is better now? If so, how would you do the skill tree?
in my opinion, just swap fire pen to life leech for map farming, except on single bosses like atziri where you can't leech much , you'll be using conc effect and spell dodging.

I believe hierophant and elementalist are the best. You can take mana nodes which helps in your es and elementalist we already know, nothing new. with 2 more asc points, you can spent them on assassin's 20dex 20int + passive point

Now depends of the gear you have, and how much points you'll prioritize for unwavering stance (if not sky owner), because before 2.3 we could play like tryharders.
Last edited by Qwatayean on Jul 24, 2016, 8:10:24 PM
Slayer + Elementalist are the best ascendancies for this build in 2.3 in my opinion.
I wouldn't put life leech back into the setup even with the Ascendant leech being gutted. Just rely on Blasphemy + Warlord's for leech and Vaal Disc is there as a backup.

There's 1 thing I don't agree with in thsi guide, and its how to fight the Trio in the Alluring Abyss.
Do not start attacking the Dual Striker, but rather start by killing Al'Alai, the ranger. Trying to kill the dual striker makes the fight quite long since you have to set up icestorms where he's going to run and that leaves you open to dying to the ranger. Furthermore, you may accidentally kill the Cycloner instead(which happens easily), in which case you can consider your run bricked.
To deal with the dual striker after killing the ranger, simply tank him using a Ruby and Basalt flask, and Vaal Discipline. This order of killing the trio makes this fight almost trivial.

Great guide once again, Icestorm is still very much alive in 2.3, after the Ascendant Leech nerf. In fact, I believe that Icestorm is the strongest and cheapest self cast spell to gear reliably for Uber Atziri(~5-10 exalts)
this could be used for a 3 cast (2 ice storm form echo, 1 firestorm from cast on cast), with that new unique helm
it already have 102 mana cost
i just dont know if would be good wasting 4 more sockets with damage
got to ask
When will it be safe enough to pick CI up?
"
no800407 wrote:
got to ask

you usually grab that late, once you have a really good shield up. but the sooner you pick it up, the sooner your chaos problems are gone. so it's up to you, if you get massacred by chaos damage, go CI. lvl 70ish? maybe earlier. you need a good shield with good regen, and hopefully faster start of regen.. and that's all, go CI.
awesome build. but.. reflect..
"
"
no800407 wrote:
got to ask

you usually grab that late, once you have a really good shield up. but the sooner you pick it up, the sooner your chaos problems are gone. so it's up to you, if you get massacred by chaos damage, go CI. lvl 70ish? maybe earlier. you need a good shield with good regen, and hopefully faster start of regen.. and that's all, go CI.

I picked up CI around level 60, it depends on your gear, but I suggest going for CI on something like 70-75.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info