[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

hey,
is this build still viable early in the league or make first a another char,
make some currency and then switch to this. is scion still viable for this?
With this changes on 2.3 patch:

"1.5% of Damage Leeched as Life" changed to "1% of Damage Leeched as Life if you've Killed Recently"

This build, for Prophecy League, need some changes?
With the 2.3 patch, this build will be picking up the Hierophant as our second ascendancy instead of Berzerker (for the es). The 2 extra points should be spent on the 20/20 dex int node and a +1 passive point node. With the loss of leech from Berzerker, this build requires a Life Leech gem now. We have to replace either Controlled Destruction or Elemental Focus. It is up to you on which one you want to replace. Controlled Destruction gives less Icestorm damage, but allows you to Ignite as well as occasionally shock with Elemental Conflux. I use Elemental Focus atm for Atziri (because she is immune to all elemental status ailments).
Last edited by FangedLion on Jun 5, 2016, 11:01:28 PM
same passive tree. only change the ascendancy.
This build is so cool and just my style of playing, so I'm also running this in the new league.

I have a few sugestions for a cheaper and helpfull for earlier start.

Make sure you get a 18% int staff,you are gonna use a pile of jewelers to get 6 sockets and doing that on a 14% staff is something that will make you cry later in game, even if it is selfound 14% staff, get rid of that trash get a 18% this is not negotiable!
I paied 1 chaos for this, 2 cast speed from perfect staff, they are super cheap.

I don't have a insane ES gear, and you don't really ned that to you got full CI, I was thinking what do I have in stash or can buy very cheaply that would work!

So 47 and using a very nice cheap combo

Hands:

Head:

This gives high INT on both items and a slowing curse, very helpful, and also extra dmg pr curse even more helpful. a fuse each

Never mind the links and gems, I'm super poor in the new league, ofc the blasphemy and warlords mark goes in helmet, when I can afford to fix this, since that gives +1 skill to curses.

This is also a very solid option, when you hit merc and resist really become a problem.

Chest I picked up:

A very strange chest and it will go away when I go full CI, but even perfect rolls on ress and int only cost me 1 fuse and for now it is very good.

And I'm thinking, is unwavering stance really necessary? it is a long way to get that!
"
FangedLion wrote:
"
Ziiyo wrote:
I think this build got a MASSIVE buff due to the new gems.

Lets say you have the normal 9 gem slots and you fill them with the +15 mana gems, you now have an extra 1215 mana !

That is massive once you factor in the % mana gains as well as the new 25% mana to ES from Templar

If you're talking about the Grand Spectrum Cobalt jewel, it is not worth giving up Izaro's Turmoil for your jewel slots. It's just simply way too much of a damage loss. It would take so many Grand Spectrum jewels to actually get a decent amount of mana from it let alone actual es from it even with the Ascendant Hierophant ascendancy.

Get Emperor's Wit !
30% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
3% increased Character Size
(4 to 6)% increased Intelligence

End of debate!
2.3 update?
why bother with scion ?
i think going straight elementalist is much better
IGN: MsPoopyButthole
im wondering this as well, although the scion gives a ton of INT on its ascend pathing nodes, and the extra points. Im trying to work out a good path down to unwavering stance.

So how is everybody doing in prophecy? I was very excited to run this build but didn't realize i would have to take a massive dps loss to fit in a leech gem. So now im testing other classes/ascends.
Last edited by Nildrem on Jun 22, 2016, 12:17:53 PM
Quick Question, in 2.3 we are given the option to get 2 more ascendancy points, where would you recommend me use those 2 extra points?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info