[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

"
HanGtimE wrote:
Why Faster Casting?!

When one cast kills a group of enemies, your clear speed is equal to your cast speed.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
"
Baalorlord wrote:
"
HanGtimE wrote:
Why Faster Casting?!

When one cast kills a group of enemies, your clear speed is equal to your cast speed.

yes but i have a down time and no mobs after clearing a pack, i have to run

i've chosen elementalist, but I feel like in my current level (84) Raider would've been much better to level
Can I change ascend points?
IGN: MsPoopyButthole
"
HanGtimE wrote:
"
Baalorlord wrote:
"
HanGtimE wrote:
Why Faster Casting?!

yes but i have a down time and no mobs after clearing a pack, i have to run

i've chosen elementalist, but I feel like in my current level (84) Raider would've been much better to level
Can I change ascend points?

Yes you can change ascend points, each one cost 5 regular refund points.
IGN: AnnieLeonhart

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
djnat wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
What happens if instead of the last 4 nodes you spent on Primal Spirit you take Might and the socket next to it with two +ele nodes, and put a Brute Force into it?
It's basically 54 int + 8% elemental damage with 4 points invested vs 60 int, 23% mana, 20% mana regen and 20% flask charges gained with 5 points invested.

I think the second option is slightly better for the overall advantages it provides.

1 point can be a big deal at high levels. The same goes for EO too: you basically buy Faster Casting for 1 point and a minor dps loss.

Note that Baalorlord is now using Skyforth, saving him several points on Unwavering Stance. Since pretty much nobody else who uses this build will be able to afford Skyforth (and 4-mod resist jewels to compensate for lost resists) in the foreseeable future, those points are even more at premium. Once you've got everything else, including the other sockets, and you are over lv 95 - then maybe it's time to consider those things.

since unwavering stance is not in the tree...
is it mandatory or recommended??

in league(i dont have skyforth)
IGN: MsPoopyButthole
Last edited by HanGtimE on Mar 11, 2016, 10:15:04 AM
would mind over matter be any good for this build
"
HanGtimE wrote:
since unwavering stance is not in the tree...
is it mandatory or recommended??

in league(i dont have skyforth)

Stun immunity (or near immunity with Skyforth) is very important if you want to do hard content. Don't even bother going for Uber, Core or anywhere else where there is a high chance of taking physical hits with 1 life and no defense against stuns.

US used to be in the tree until Baalorlord got Skyforth.
"
healzr wrote:
would mind over matter be any good for this build

No. Already answered a few posts above.
I am so torn on the cruel bandit between the 5% cast speed and the skill point :/
"
lordchopf wrote:
I am so torn on the cruel bandit between the 5% cast speed and the skill point :/

Skill point all the way! I have no idea why the main post says that 5% cast speed is better. It makes such a tiny difference in the cast time, you won't even notice it. This is not a build that constantly spams its main ability. We cast, move, cast, move. A skill point is far more valuable than 0.01s shorter cast time. IMO.
Has anyone mentioned taking the Juggernaut Ascendancy to be stun immune? seems like it would save a lot of points.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info