[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

"
Kelvynn wrote:

What happens if instead of the last 4 nodes you spent on Primal Spirit you take Might and the socket next to it with two +ele nodes, and put a Brute Force into it?

This is not an option I had noticed - I will look into this when I get home from work!
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
Why Faster Casting?!
IGN: MsPoopyButthole
"
Kelvynn wrote:
What happens if instead of the last 4 nodes you spent on Primal Spirit you take Might and the socket next to it with two +ele nodes, and put a Brute Force into it?
It's basically 54 int + 8% elemental damage with 4 points invested vs 60 int, 23% mana, 20% mana regen and 20% flask charges gained with 5 points invested.

I think the second option is slightly better for the overall advantages it provides.
Last edited by djnat on Mar 10, 2016, 9:56:16 AM
What's the recommended path for leveling? Up towards witch or templar first?
"
HanGtimE wrote:
Why Faster Casting?!

If you are running with the Elemental overload passive, using Controlled Destruction will reduce its uptime, because you loose 2.5% crit chance. Faster Casting increases your Icestorm casts per second without lowering its chance to crit, thus making it crit more often; as a consequence, you get a better EO uptime.

It's a matter of preference, btw. Both options are good and well-working.
Last edited by djnat on Mar 10, 2016, 9:59:26 AM
"
Xadrim wrote:
Hey guys,
My plan for this league is to make it to uber atziri with whispering and then reroll into something else.
Could you guys check my gear and skill tree and tell me if that's realistic? I've been farming normal atziri deathless since the past couple of days on Perandus league. I'm not concerned about the damage but about survivability since I have only 8.3k ES. I might get one shot by the trio and uber beeing so expensive to get into I kinda feel like I shouldn't try yet

Your profile is not public, can't check gear. But with 8.3k ES you will get 1-shot by the Vaals, the Trio, or Uber herself. And then it all depends on how much damage you do and how good you are at not getting hit. I would not expect to kill Uber with 8.3k ES with this build.
"
HanGtimE wrote:
Why Faster Casting?!

It's his personal preference. It saves you something like 0.2s per cast (including the double cast with Spell Echo). The only place I noticed it making a difference was Atziri - it can help you dodge flame blasts a little better. But it's not necessary. I did Core without it (and without dying) just fine.
"
djnat wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
It's basically 54 int + 8% elemental damage with 4 points invested vs 60 int, 23% mana, 20% mana regen and 20% flask charges gained with 5 points invested.

I think the second option is slightly better for the overall advantages it provides.

1 point can be a big deal at high levels. The same goes for EO too: you basically buy Faster Casting for 1 point and a minor dps loss.

Note that Baalorlord is now using Skyforth, saving him several points on Unwavering Stance. Since pretty much nobody else who uses this build will be able to afford Skyforth (and 4-mod resist jewels to compensate for lost resists) in the foreseeable future, those points are even more at premium. Once you've got everything else, including the other sockets, and you are over lv 95 - then maybe it's time to consider those things.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 10, 2016, 12:20:34 PM
Hey!

Im abit worried, just made the swap to CI and im at 5483 ES with the lvl 70 tree qouted in the first post. This is my gear:

Have I missed something or is my gear just not good enough?

Edit: 6.5k with discipline but only have 64/1013 mana left, which is kinda annoying while playing. Using AA instead atm.
Last edited by thelibertarian on Mar 10, 2016, 3:21:35 PM
"
Have I missed something or is my gear just not good enough?

Edit: 6.5k with discipline but only have 64/1013 mana left, which is kinda annoying while playing. Using AA instead atm.

Not using Discipline would be a bad decision. You don't really need AA at lv 70.

Your gear is obviously a work in progress. It's good enough for a lot of things at lv 70 already.

You also have 20 nodes to spend before you are lv 90. This build doesn't shine super early. It scales really well with levels though.

If you want some more ES, you can grab the Witch ES nodes like I do, instead of the 6% near Foresight. You don't need anything more than Foresight itself from there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info