Many Thanks
And another rocket scientist reporting in :

I mailed to support.Here are my chars and account:

EdwinR

Assassin_Kitty
"
Sangfugol wrote:
Could you please restore my characters back

You need to send an e-mail to support@grindinggear.com about this.

I'd recommend reading the guide linked to from my signature for more info. :)

"
EdwinR wrote:
I mailed to support.

If you sent them an e-mail they will respond via e-mail. :)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
ohh i thought i was the only moron that did this. Im so confused as to what happened. I think i made an account here and was playing POE through steam. Then i tried to link the two, it gave me the warning but i thought it would "delete" the characters i had on this forum account which was none. Instead when i signed into POE everything is gone. Please help
See above: directly email Support (support@grindinggear.com) and they can help you with this.
"
ohh i thought i was the only moron that did this. Im so confused as to what happened. I think i made an account here and was playing POE through steam. Then i tried to link the two, it gave me the warning but i thought it would "delete" the characters i had on this forum account which was none. Instead when i signed into POE everything is gone. Please help

Hey XoStormblessedoX,

I've gone ahead and restored the accounts for you. :) You should be able to log into your main account by using the 'Sign in through STEAM' button on the login page: http://pathofexile.com/login
Thank you so much, ive been having a nice little panic attack for the last hour, you all are the best. I want to link it to this forum account but no way im pressing that button again until i know what im doing. (should have been what i did in the first place)
"
I want to link it to this forum account

There's no such thing as a forum account.

There are Path of Exile accounts and Steam accounts. Linking a Path of Exile account to a Steam account allows you to log into that Path of Exile account using Steam. What's happening here is you're logging into the game through Steam, but you're not logging into the website through Steam. Thus, even if they use the same e-mail address and password, they're totally separate.

Please just follow the advice Melissa gave you in the post preceding yours - log out of the website, go to the log in page, click on the green Sign In Through STEAM button, and log in on the account you use while playing. You're making it so much more complicated than it needs to be. :/
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on May 2, 2017, 8:44:52 PM
Now it makes sense to me, thank you for your reply and help. Its much appreciated. I knew i was doing something wrong and over complicating it, i just didnt know. Thanks for the clarification.
Same mistake, character name never_ever, I also sent an email but figured I would do this too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info