Reduced Mana Cost

It would be incredibly silly on Auras, having another multiplicative reduction in Reservation. It's already possible to run far more Auras than should be considered sane.

Support gems don't stack with themselves. Exempting RM would be completely arbitrary, and a bit unneccesary.
There's more sources of Mana cost reduction than just the gem. Quality also helps a bunch, but it's pricy. Leech also tends to be quite effective, if you don't nerf your damage into non-existence. There's plenty of passives that can help, and Clarity is still quite powerful.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The main effect of the gem is the mana cost multiplier (we need to find a better name for these). This as with the multipliers on all supports, affect both mana costs and mana reservation amounts.

The quality bonus is a stat which reduces mana costs. It does not apply to mana reservation, only costs. As I mentioned in another thread, I've suggested to Carl that we could add reservation reduction to the quality bonus as well, but I have no idea of the balance implications of that. We'll see.

Is this still a hot topic at the GGG head quarter?

Otherwise I suggest to add a paragraph about quality and reserved auras, such as worded in the wiki:

Note that unlike the gem's mana cost multiplier, the quality bonus does not apply to mana reservation, such as found on Auras. The quality effect is the same as "Reduced Mana Cost" passives in the skill tree.

At the moment it quite easy to assume that Quality would further reduce reserved mana of auras.
If you're leaving PoE, chances are I'll rezz you as my minion! MWHAHAHAH
"
Mune wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The main effect of the gem is the mana cost multiplier (we need to find a better name for these). This as with the multipliers on all supports, affect both mana costs and mana reservation amounts.

The quality bonus is a stat which reduces mana costs. It does not apply to mana reservation, only costs. As I mentioned in another thread, I've suggested to Carl that we could add reservation reduction to the quality bonus as well, but I have no idea of the balance implications of that. We'll see.

Is this still a hot topic at the GGG head quarter?

Otherwise I suggest to add a paragraph about quality and reserved auras, such as worded in the wiki:

Note that unlike the gem's mana cost multiplier, the quality bonus does not apply to mana reservation, such as found on Auras. The quality effect is the same as "Reduced Mana Cost" passives in the skill tree.

At the moment it quite easy to assume that Quality would further reduce reserved mana of auras.

Because you misread or misinterpret something doesn't mean it needs an explanation on everything. I mean they could add detailed explanation tooltips on every skills, but they'd be gigantic(maybe toggle them). This does what it says it does, it might be confusing if you don't know the wording but it's fairly obvious otherwise.
I made the same mistake. Paid 4 GCPs for a 16q only to find out that it doesnt work with mana reservation. Have to say tho, it's my silliness for doing so. I read the note and all on the wiki and just skipped it. Had I paid more attention, I would've realised it's not what I wanted.

4GCPs for a 16q reduced mana cost gem and to realise how ignorant I am. Worth it for me.
"
As I mentioned in another thread, I've suggested to Carl that we could add reservation reduction to the quality bonus as well, but I have no idea of the balance implications of that. We'll see

You should do it. This support gem is only used with auras. The +x quality has no meaning at the moment.
IGN Crimace
"
Bharge wrote:
"
As I mentioned in another thread, I've suggested to Carl that we could add reservation reduction to the quality bonus as well, but I have no idea of the balance implications of that. We'll see

You should do it. This support gem is only used with auras. The +x quality has no meaning at the moment.

I wanted to basically say the same.

R M is only used for auras atm, the Quality does nothing at all.

Concerning the balance:
I am screwing around with a pure aura build atm. A 20% Quality gem (if it effected reservation) would allow for 1 more aura - thats all.

Would really like to see it happen.

Pretty please????
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Is this still the case? As this post aged a little (11July) ?

/me edit.

What I ment if the plan to change it still exist? Or will it remain as it is? I suppose there already has been made a decission. It's just not confirmed publicly, since the post was from July.

/thx in advanced.
Last edited by tr4nznrg on Apr 3, 2013, 1:35:18 AM
"
Bharge wrote:
"

Really? I use it on my triple curses and would love to be able to find a quality reduced mana to level up to use instead of a normal one.
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
Here's a question regarding reduced mana. If I link reduced mana + summon skeletons + spell totem, do all the summons casted take less of my mana?
IGN: Bootleg_Fireworks
You only pay to summon the Totem anyways with that setup.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info