Greater Multiple Projectiles

"
xenogfan43 wrote:
I agree that since spells can hit the same target via multiple projectiles and close range, arrows (and wand attacks) should work the same way.

Or, make it so that only one hits each target, and the others pass through, which would probably be extremely difficult.

That would make arrows as imbalanced as projectile spells with multi against single targets. :)
Projectile spells definitely should just pass through, like arrows.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
"
SaviorSelph wrote:
Why is it that occasionally all projectiles from a single bow attack will miss? I'll shoot into a crowd of enemies, open area, no obstacles, and every single arrow passes through them. I could understand 1 or 2 arrows being dodged or missing but not all of them with 90% hit chance.

I feel like the calculation for whether the attack hits or not is only done on the center arrow rather than for each arrow. Or maybe it's just hit detection being off?

Crit and Hit rolls are done as the skill is cast, so AoE or multi-projectile skills will miss everything, hit everything or crit everything.
"
dust7 wrote:
That would make arrows as imbalanced as projectile spells with multi against single targets. :)
Projectile spells definitely should just pass through, like arrows.
Having implemented this tech for Ethereal Knives, we may look into using it on other spells in future.
"
Helpsey wrote:
Crit and Hit rolls are done as the skill is cast, so AoE or multi-projectile skills will miss everything, hit everything or crit everything.
That's only true of crit rolls, not accuracy checks. Accuracy is checked against every target separately.
Why does Greater Multiple Projectiles have "Increased" and "Less" damage on them? I don't see how that makes any sense.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Increased and Reduced % modifiers stack additively.
More and Less % modifiers stack multiplicatively.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 1, 2012, 1:45:48 AM
I have no idea what that means. Please explain it in plain English. :-)

99.9% of your player base probably doesnt understand the description on the gem and will be confused when they read that the gem has opposing properties on it.

One of the biggest failings I see with the current version of the game is that there is no explanation in game for all these terms. I have similar issues with the explanations on currency too. Unless you spend a lot of time on this site you have no real idea what the terms and descriptions on things actually do.

I hope there is a lot more info in the form of a tutorial or something with the Open Beta patch. It is much needed.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
"
Chameleon wrote:
I have no idea what that means. Please explain it in plain English. :-)

99.9% of your player base probably doesnt understand the description on the gem and will be confused when they read that the gem has opposing properties on it.

One of the biggest failings I see with the current version of the game is that there is no explanation in game for all these terms. I have similar issues with the explanations on currency too. Unless you spend a lot of time on this site you have no real idea what the terms and descriptions on things actually do.

I hope there is a lot more info in the form of a tutorial or something with the Open Beta patch. It is much needed.
You look at all the tags at the top of the skill gem. You look at all your damage bonuses that apply to those tags. The ones that say "increased" and "reduced" you add up, then apply to your damage. After that you multiply by any bonuses that say "more" or "less".
Last edited by Strill on Nov 1, 2012, 2:37:39 AM
double post
Last edited by Strill on Nov 1, 2012, 2:36:32 AM
Where do i get this gem? lvl 30 and i havent gotten any gem that i need for my build. All i get for quest rewards is the same thing i.e. summon skeleton, freezing pulse... How do we get the gems we need? im not going to go through 50+ lvls without the proper gem build. Trading is a joke(5 chaos for a skill gem ppffff)i havent even gotten a chaos orb. Am i SOL?
It's a level 31 gem :P You get it in A2 Cruel, most likely from the Weaver's Needle and/or Chamber of Sins. Check this thread for a spreadsheet with accurate information (for the next ~18 hours anyways) :p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info