Greater Multiple Projectiles

You don't deal 250% Damage, you deal 50% Damage.
(each Projectile is entirely separate from the rest - they cannot interact in this way)
im surprised no one got this answered from what I read.

Does GMP shot gun with all 5 prays like incin

or is the max it can hit a target up front 3 projectiles?

and what about gmp with lmp?

will it hit with all 8?
"
tafonso wrote:
im surprised no one got this answered from what I read.

Does GMP shot gun with all 5 prays like incin

or is the max it can hit a target up front 3 projectiles?

and what about gmp with lmp?

will it hit with all 8?

Until patch, that "fixes" shotgunning - yes, it does. However, you should have a proper targeting, as it is hard to hit a single enemy with all projectiles, when you spray 5-8 of them per cast.
Hint - if you target a point far away from you, then your projectiles are "clustered" together.

Also, GMP+LMP wont give you profit over GMP, usually.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
% Less Projectile damage on LMP or GMP not displayed on dps correctly or at all? I don't see any difference in dps with lvl 20 or 21 gems.
Well, now that shotgunning is "fixed", can we do something about these poor gems?

Apparently it's ok for bow users to get a bow that gives it to them for free and without penalty, but everyone else still uses them you know. Ice Spear is dead, Frost Pulse is choking, spells that used this is general got unfairly wrecked.

The game revolves a lot around being able to clear large quantities of NPCs and this gem allowed for maany skills to do it. But then those skills become lackluster in killing bosses fast due to the shotgunning nerf. So now you either have to go 2x6L with a 2H weapon or you're gimping yourself.

Was the intended effect supposed to be that 1H+shield and dual wield become obsolete for many caster builds?
LMP, GMP, Chain and Fork already had their penalties reduced after the removal of shotgunning.

Ice Spear's issues are entirely its own. Its base Damage is trash and it doesn't have immensely good scaling options now that Crit Mult is generally lower. Assassins make Crit Chance a joke, too, so that particular strength is less than impressive too.
GMP's Damage penalty is almost entirely unrelated to Ice Spear's performance.

Freezing Pulse is plenty decent last I heard about people using it. *shrug*
A simple 4L Skill that aids in single-target is generally enough. Vaal Storm Call or something. Don't need an entire second 6L.
Greater and Lesser Multiple Projectiles should be merged into single Multiple Projectiles support that adds 3 projectiles to supported skill.

I thought hard and could not find what value those two coexisting gems have over averaged one.

Less is more...
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info