Greater Multiple Projectiles

Edit 2: That's really weird. When my client finally refreshed there was only 2. Now I come back to read the latest comment and there was indeed a third post...
Last edited by BlastMonkey on Feb 23, 2012, 12:46:20 PM
"
BlastMonkey wrote:
I linked multiple projectiles and pierce to raise spectre. The skill states "minions fire x additional projectiles" and "minions have x% increased chance of projectiles piercing but in practice they only ever fire 1 projectile and I've seen none pierce in an hour of testing.

Make that a triple. Supposedly it's actually working, but the client doesn't display what is happening properly.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
"
BlastMonkey wrote:
I linked multiple projectiles and pierce to raise spectre. The skill states "minions fire x additional projectiles" and "minions have x% increased chance of projectiles piercing but in practice they only ever fire 1 projectile and I've seen none pierce in an hour of testing.

Make that a triple. Supposedly it's actually working, but the client doesn't display what is happening properly.
Yes, this is a known image which we'll hopefully be able to fix soonish.
I have two level 50+ characters in Merciless and have never seen this gem drop. At what stage of the game does it appear. I would try and buy one from someone but all they will accept for trade is a GCU and I've never seen one of those either. Is it really necessary to have these so rare?
Purringcat Clan-DA Staff
Why does GGG hate Rangers so much. They used to be fun, now it's just constant kiting.
Lvl 63 here and never saw this gem on the floor.
"
purringcat wrote:
I have two level 50+ characters in Merciless and have never seen this gem drop... Is it really necessary to have these so rare?
"
haloja wrote:
Lvl 63 here and never saw this gem on the floor.

Being a level 31 gem it has a chance to drop from monsters level 31+ (Cruel Prisoner's Gate (mlvl 31) and beyond, plus rare monsters between Cruel Submerged Passage (mlvl 29) and Prisoner's Gate.

That said, such a fundamental support gem that entire builds are based on should be offered as a quest reward.
I would like to say that this is my favorite skill gem in mechanic and in what GGG said at start and how i understood it about their support gems.

I always though that GGG support gems will change the skills alot ,not just give boring +x mod to stat.
Multiprojectile in my eyes is the only support gem that works in non-boring way ,changing single target projectile skills to aoe skills.
Though its hard to balance ,due to having pretty high aoe boost ,for not so high drawback.

One change that come to my mind is changing the way the skill works now.
I was wondering if it wasnt bad to change it to main projectile + support projectiles instead of all being the same strenght.
So lets say you got +2/4/6 projectiles from the new version of gem. So you would shoot minimum 3 projectiles with 1 lvl.

The main projectile would have small debuff of ~-20% total dmg.
The side projectiles would deal 40% dmg of the main projectile before the total damage reduction. So it would be like 40%|80%|40% dmg aoe.

This gem would still be cool in the mechanic way ,while not overpowering some projectile spells. Supports shouldnt add alot of brute power ,but a style that you like, in my opinion.
Last edited by herflik on Mar 2, 2012, 12:57:29 PM
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
Shouldn't it becomes the greater added projectiles?

(need a new thread for the lesser version too)
Ack, or should both be bundled there together?
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info