Knockback

I tried knockback on my bow ranger linked to lesser multiple projectiles and explosive arrow. Tested for several levels and didn’t notice any knockback effect at all. Maybe it doesn’t work with this skill combo. Will have to test it out with other skills when I get a chance. Would like to use knockback for keeping mobs from killing decoy totem so fast while I fill area with poison arrow.
Does knockback counts as movement in combination with puncture bleeding?
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Yes, Puncture will deal its While Moving damage for a fraction of a second.
The "for a fraction of a second" confuses me now. :D

Since in the describtion of the skill is that the damage dealt is "per second". Does this means a "tick" or did they divided the damage in miliseconds?

Hence, when it´s a tick, i only would need to make the enemy move every once in a second and not all the time aka walking.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Last edited by Spysong192 on Jul 20, 2013, 10:03:11 AM
It doesn't work with ticks, it's a gradual degeneration, and only if the monster moves do they take bonus damage. Knockback is simply very rapid movement.

Damage Per Second refers to exactly what it says on the tin; the amount of damage dealt over the course of one second. It doesn't imply anything more than that.
Thanks magi you´re awesome. :)
What am i?
"
Spysong192 wrote:
The "for a fraction of a second" confuses me now. :D

Since in the describtion of the skill is that the damage dealt is "per second". Does this means a "tick" or did they divided the damage in miliseconds?

Hence, when it´s a tick, i only would need to make the enemy move every once in a second and not all the time aka walking.
To expand on the given answer from Vipermagi (who is indeed awesome), "50 physical damage per second" doesn't mean you wait for a second and then take 50 damage, any more than travelling at "50 kilometres per hour" means your car is stationary for an hour and then teleports 50km forwards. Both are describing a rate at which something is constantly happening, not a frequency.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 21, 2013, 6:59:34 PM
Well i would like that car i methink. :P But yes, well my hope was that the knockback would trigger the whole second of movement bleeding.

Another thing i would like to know: Traveltime. :P

I there a way to tell how much travel time a standart knockback takes? And does its time gets increased/decreased/stays_the_same with increased knockback passives or temporal chain?
What am i?
time of a knockback is instant (or a single centi-second), distance is changeable by passives.

edit: thanks, i was typing this at 4am
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Jul 22, 2013, 1:23:49 PM
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
time of a knockback is instant (or a single centi-second), distance is changeable by passives and knockback gem's quality.

On the quality methink you´re wrong. Quality Knockback only increase the chance of knockback further but not the distance.
What am i?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info