Knockback

Post your 0.9.3 feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Dec 4, 2011, 9:55:32 PM
Last bumped on Jun 20, 2021, 2:23:03 PM
"
Is the effect of this support gem affected by the Templar/Marauder's increased knockback distance passives?
Yes.
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
Base knockback is always the same flat value.
"
Lionguild wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Is the effect of this support gem affected by the Templar/Marauder's increased knockback distance passives?
Yes.

Lets say I give my flame totem the knockback support. Does the totem benefit from the knockback passives? I'm not exactly sure since totems get benefits from some stats like damage stats (as long as it applies to the totem type) but does not benefit from your defensive stats. Not sure where knockback falls into.
Yes. It's not so much offensive/defensive - it's whether we're talking about the skill or the totem.
The skill used by the totem is yours - the totem is just a method of delivery. So when the skill would reference any stat, it's backed up by your stats. So damage the skill used by the totem would do, or any other effect, is affected by your stats.
The totem itself has its own stats when those are needed, such as when something hits it and needs to know its armour.

Anything where we're looking for a stat from the skill the totem uses, has your stats.
Anything where we're looking for a stat from the totem object, it has its own stats.
It does absolutely nothing other than moving you.
"
Spysong192 wrote:
The "for a fraction of a second" confuses me now. :D

Since in the describtion of the skill is that the damage dealt is "per second". Does this means a "tick" or did they divided the damage in miliseconds?

Hence, when it´s a tick, i only would need to make the enemy move every once in a second and not all the time aka walking.
To expand on the given answer from Vipermagi (who is indeed awesome), "50 physical damage per second" doesn't mean you wait for a second and then take 50 damage, any more than travelling at "50 kilometres per hour" means your car is stationary for an hour and then teleports 50km forwards. Both are describing a rate at which something is constantly happening, not a frequency.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 21, 2013, 6:59:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info