Knockback

Post your 0.9.3 feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Dec 4, 2011, 9:55:32 PM
Last bumped on Jun 20, 2021, 2:23:03 PM
Is the effect of this support gem affected by the Templar/Marauder's increased knockback distance passives?
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
"
Is the effect of this support gem affected by the Templar/Marauder's increased knockback distance passives?
Yes.
*steeples fingers*

Eeeeeeexcellent.
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
0.9.5 feedback below this post

All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
Knockback probably needs reworking if it's going to be useful. I was underwhelmed by the knockback on Leap Slam, so I added the Knockback gem to see if it made a difference. It raised the chance of it occurring, but knockback itself is really weak. The mobs bounce a half step away from you for a few milliseconds, then warp right back.

I then respecced into the knockback node for Marauder, which gives 40% increased knockback distance, and I was not able to really notice any difference. Mobs just rubberband away for maybe half a second and continue as if nothing happened. No real help for crowd control (tested as melee in middle of chaos packs). This could be a useful skill, but the knockback distance would need to be larger, and the mobs should be out of action for a short time, instead of warping back instantly.
I'm a bit annoyed that this is a red gem. It'd be great on a ranger build I'm doing.
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
This gem does not really hold its weight. The mechanic is there, but the effect is insignificant.
"It feels like holding my breath under water constantly." Me about the limited "life expectancy" of the inventory space on Path of Exile and frequent needs to go to town to unload.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info