4 offcolor sockets on gloves? IMPOSSIBLE

Ok GGG, thx for making this game sooo fuckin annoying... soooo annoying I can't keep it for myself any longer.

I just wasted 13ex. 13EX on trying to get rrrr on ES gloves. 300 chromes per 1 ex. Run the math on your own. All I got in 80% of tries was rrbb like nothing would even happen. Not a single 4 offcolor combination (even with useless g color). WTF is this.

Note that I was trying granted 2 r sockets from Vorici. HOW HARD IT CAN BE TO ROLL 2 OFFCOLOR SOCKETS!!!

GO FUCK YOURSELF WITH YOUR PATHETIC RNG BASED CRAP GAME! I'm done with this crap.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
1 in 10,000 (there abouts). And you thought it would be easy.
"
Diphal wrote:
Ok GGG, thx for making this game sooo fuckin annoying... soooo annoying I can't keep it for myself any longer.

I just wasted 13ex. 13EX on trying to get rrrr on ES gloves. 300 chromes per 1 ex. Run the math on your own. All I got in 80% of tries was rrbb like nothing would even happen. Not a single 4 offcolor combination (even with useless g color). WTF is this.

Note that I was trying granted 2 r sockets from Vorici. HOW HARD IT CAN BE TO ROLL 2 OFFCOLOR SOCKETS!!!

GO FUCK YOURSELF WITH YOUR PATHETIC RNG BASED CRAP GAME! I'm done with this crap.

I had to get 4 offcolors on gloves too for 2 times since cb. It was horrible and I wasted many 1000 chromes before I got what I needed. There is nothing that can make me rage harder in any computer game than chroming items in poe therefore I really feel your pain. Take a break, drink some beer and come back in a few days. ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
RNG aren't for pussies my friend *Russian Accent*

Edit: Why'd you try to roll 4 reds on a non strength based item? With all the currency you spent you could afford to buy the best gear in game with the 4 reds. Brains.
Last edited by malmeida on Aug 4, 2015, 4:39:55 PM
You know the Vorici calculator, right?

Assuming your gloves require 140 int, Vorici 2R is the best you can do - average about 3000 chromatics. Thats 10 ex, no guarantee. You can also do Vorici 3R and hope for the one red socket. Not very likely, about the same price.

As for your question how hard it is to roll 2 red sockets out of 2, chances are less than 1% (assuming 140 int requirement). Personally, I try to not do that. I try to put the four red sockets into some other item if possible. Otherwise, well, there is the Vorici calculator, so you know what you are getting yourself into.

I had to roll 3 blue on a 5l lightning coil. Got 3 blue but they were not linked into the link setup - great ;). Tried again, got my 3 blue, and the 6th (unlinked) socket now is also blue. Got lucky there. There is someone on standard who owns a 6-linked BBBBBB lightning coil. That is just incredibly unlikely to happen.

Also spent several hundred chromes yesterday to get the colors I wanted on another 5l item - just to find out afterwards that my idea what to do with it doesn't work :P.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
The random choice of colour for sockets is weighted based upon which attributes (Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence) are required to use the item as well as how much of each attribute is required to use it. For example, a low strength requirement (low base-level) pure Strength armour has a higher probability of rolling off-color sockets than a high strength requirement (high base-level) pure Strength armour. This is also true for any Chromatic Orb reforging. The estimated probability of rolling an off-color socket color is roughly 10-20%, though this depends on the stat requirements of the item in question.

Let's assume the meta hasn't changed and the chance for an off-color is 10%, since green and red are both off-color and probably get an equal chance you get a 5% chance for one specific socket being red.

"
Diphal wrote:
I just wasted 13ex. 13EX on trying to get rrrr on ES gloves. 300 chromes per 1 ex. Run the math on your own.

And now you can run the math on your own what that means for getting 4 red sockets.
They should cut the value requirements for Off-Colors in half. And it would still be hard enough to annoy some people.

The thing is, with 212 dex requirement one will never be able to get an off-color out of it.

This, in my honest opinion, is ridiculous.

@EDIT:
Correction:

UNLESS YOU'RE RICH, with 212 STR/INT/DEX requirement one will never be able to get an off-color out of it.
Dream with me !
Last edited by Hilldrake on Aug 4, 2015, 5:12:31 PM
I find the chances to roll a 6-link more rediculous to be honest. A lot of builds can just do with not a lot of off-colour sockets.

Working around the requirement to have an int-only RRRR item is probably easier than working around not having a 6-link.

EDIT: BTW, rolling GGGGBR on a 212 dex item on average requires 10 chromatics. You don't exactly have to be rich for that. Rolling GGGBBB is 125 chromatics on average. Not cheap, but doable. If you can afford the 6link in the first place, this won't break your bank.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Aug 4, 2015, 5:20:56 PM
Something that GGG might consider (to keep "some" of the stat=color bias) is to decrease the color biasing on each additional socket.

For example (percents are %R/%G/%B):
- You have a pure strength requirement pair of gloves with 4 sockets.
- The first socket has 90/5/5 odds.
- The next socket has 70/15/15 odds.
- The next socket has 50/25/25 odds.
- The last socket has 33/33/33 odds.

For another (same terminology):
- You have a 6L dex/int chest.
- The first socket has 10/45/45 odds.
- The next socket has 16/42/42 odds.
- The next socket has 20/40/40 odds.
- The next socket has 30/35/35 odds.
- The next socket has 33/33/33 odds.
- The last socket has 33/33/33 odds.

I'm sure the idea could be played around with. It ideally would keep the <=4L socket biases mostly intact while greatly reducing the end-game chroma cost for 5/6L items.

3700 chromes. And that's the easy part - now I need an enlighten level 4...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info