I still think map drops are fine - boost drops and good players can do 79++ all day long

Bla bla blaa..

You would like to believe that, wouldn't you.

The truth is however this post was intended to stir the waters. If you actually read what i have been saying throughout, you will notice i knew more than simply said in op.

If you study my post number 2, u might learn something, my little fish.

Keep feeding me, predictable emotional being.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 16, 2015, 3:58:43 PM
I agree with OP and I like the currents drop
"
diablofdb wrote:

Did you get any of your characters to lv 89+ yet buddy?
"
"
diablofdb wrote:

Did you get any of your characters to lv 89+ yet buddy?

4 this during this league (unfortunatly 3 died) but my summoner is still rocking!
"
Crackmonster wrote:

Keep feeding me, predictable emotional being.

you make it sound as if this entire thread is made for one purpose: trolling.
I'm not one to believe that, until I read at least a majority of your posts and see for myself, or not.

however the tone in which you express yourself, and the manner in which the OP is written, do indeed make it sound as if you enjoy nothing more than stepping on other people's toes.

there is a point here, but you go to great lengths to hide it.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Ofc it is not a troll.. it's a lot of things.

However, i have learned a long time ago, that if you write too smart and truthful a post = 0 replies will be seen. Unless you happen to be writing one of those 1 in a million posts that are just extremely good in all ways and relevant at the time of their posting, but i never was good at those i don't think like most people so i can't write what they like to see. People love someone to disagree with, thats why all random posts gets bumped, because people loove correcting others.

First and foremost i wanted to stop all the rageposts about maps, and i did see a good reduction in it. I also wanted to give some feedback to GGG, and then finally i wanted to give people some inspiration to improve their mapping. And then to my surprise when people starting writing a lot of replies i read those and let them inspire some suggestions.

But hey, i can have some fun on the side, and i am the master of my own deception so i can play with those who come to troll all i want.

There are 2 types of trolls.. One is the conscious troll that is aware he just wants to cause ruckus, this is the really bad type you want to probate. The other is the subconscious troll, he isn't aware he is a troll and has no wicked intentions, he is just saying what he believes to be true, but hes trolling hard and ruining posts and thread spreading misinformation, diluting qualies and stuff like that.. sometimes you need to use the right means to get them to stop..

That keep feeding me means actually, stop feeding me. People don't like being told what to do, when u have them emotionally involved they will often be defiant. Hehe, but now when he reads there is a chance he will start again, saying the same thing all over.

I always reply with quality when someone makes a good post. But i know from experience that replying with quality to these people who have no clue what i am saying will only get me frustrated - it's bad for me, so instead i just reply to them in their own way. I have become very good at recognizing when i am dealing with people like that, but still i usually give them a chance or two before giving up on them.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 16, 2015, 6:07:05 PM
OMG. Are we now at the point where the TO, after the devs have agreed with everyone except for him, tries to explain to us how he is emotionally and intellectually superior to all of us? Fun stuff.

Good thing that GGG wants to address the problem. Looking forward to it, currently not running any 75-79 maps.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Could we maybe get back to discussing whether or not having only map mods affect map drop rates would be a good thing or not?
"
Crackmonster wrote:

79+ is not sustainable, period. What u actually can do is to run multiple 77-78 to get some 79+ and then chain them in party. It is very profitable xp-wise, however can't be considered sustaining a map pool.

After 2.0 release I ran pool of +/- 40 old 78 maps (Palace/Courtyard). I got pretty good pool of new 77-79 maps. I chiseled every single one of them, chaosed to 80+q and then corrupted it. Sometimes I got result with 160-190q. I used three fragments on every single 79+ map. I trade all maps below level 76 to higher level ones.

I don't have exact numbers of how many maps I ran, but its been quite a lot... enough to make conclusion on what's sustainable and what's not. I haven't dropped under 77.

Result is I have no 80-82 map atm (been in 2 self dropped Colloseum maps since release) I have left 3x79, 18x78 and 10x77

Do you think it is a lot? Well this is amount I usually run per one day and it IS lowering. With current pace I would have no 78 left in like 3 days.

I would agree that 77-78 is sustainable. 79+ is definitely not sustainable.

Last edited by Diphal on Aug 17, 2015, 3:07:25 AM
"
Could we maybe get back to discussing whether or not having only map mods affect map drop rates would be a good thing or not?

Ofc it's a good thing. In fact it was a very intelligent & right ting to not let party bonus or gear IIQ bonus affect map drops.

* party play = faceroll joke. Why should ez-mode gameplay be rewarded even more? Also forces people into partying.

* IIQ on gear = you'd be practically forced to wear such gear if it would influence map drops.

---

But, imo more things should be scalable from map total quantity. Eg. if map total quantity is high, you get a higher chance that:

1.) the boss will drop a map
2.) maps that drop are of higher tier

This would make people play higher Q maps and strive to kill the boss. Also could prevent those retarded -10 lvl drops from high maps.

I just hope GGG will look at mapping from a broader mechanics perspective in 2.02 patch and not just multiply this close to zero number with 1.00000001 and call it done. Number tweaking is not enough.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info