I still think map drops are fine - boost drops and good players can do 79++ all day long

It's easy to call people lucky, and it saves you having to deal with the facts. Such as the person above you whos post is full of mistakes in map rolling, based on tiny sample sizes making mathematically bad decisions etc. The list goes on.

I will dare you that i am not. Today was a little bit over average, if we chop off 2-4 of those maps it would probably represent the situation more truthfully.

I could be wrong, but the more maps i do the more statistically unlikely it becomes, and people don't do what they can to roll maps right.. For christ sake on some stubborn strongboxes i wasted over 100 alts. Because math is math.

I am sure in 300 maps deep from now i will still have an enormous stack of maps to run, and will be running 78/77/76 pretty much all the time. I may have to take a dip into 75's if i get really unlucky for long streaks, but by now i have so many that i am just considering vendor upgrading them to 76's.

"
i always laugh when people that happened to be lucky claim that there is 'skill' involved, the same people rage when they cannot complete Infernal Set from lottery boxes

And i always laugh when people try to label me, especially when they just completely misfire.

Getting mapping right is about doing the statistically best choices, it is about mathematical skill.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 3, 2015, 4:06:47 AM
"
"
They are absolutely NOT okay.

Content should be GATED by difficulty NOT RNG, Watch everyone quote this post.
I worship ee-sama!
I kind of have to agree.
Not from a personal experience though.

But if you check poe.trade:
http://poe.trade/search/taninamgasizim

Being able to buy the highest level map for 2 exa on Warbands means it is not that rare right?

I remember pre 2.0 standard league.
Level 77 was 1 exa, 78 was 2 exa for a very long time.
And that was on permanent league with a very screwed economy.
I dunno man, I'm pretty sure I could probably sustain 79+ maps as well. In standard. Where I have several tabs of 75/76s to build a base from. And hundred of exalts worth of currency to roll them.

Meanwhile, in the temp leagues - it is a bit of a struggle still :)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
I dunno man, I'm pretty sure I could probably sustain 79+ maps as well. In standard. Where I have several tabs of 75/76s to build a base from. And hundred of exalts worth of currency to roll them.

That i have a pool to begin with is a pretty good advantage as it protects me from rng fluctuations, "bad periods", but as i have shown here i earn more than it costs to roll.

You might have to take a week of hard grinding to build up a good pool to get it rolling, but then you should be okay.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 3, 2015, 4:05:13 AM
d
Last edited by Jennik on Dec 11, 2015, 10:12:53 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"

That i have a pool to begin with is a pretty good advantage as it protects me from rng fluctuations, "bad periods", but as i have shown here i earn more than it costs to roll.

You might have to take a week of hard grinding to build up a good pool to get it rolling, but then you should be okay.

That starting pool is BIG factor. In Warbands you're having to chisel/alc/chaos pretty anything 73+ in order to facilitate a progression. That is going to heavily eat in to your currency reserves pretty quickly - especially when you get a bad RNG streak.

If I was running a shop to build up my currency stocks, I think it would be easier.

The really tricky part is, "Do I spend an extra couple of chaos to reroll this 100IIQ map looking for something better, or do I save it in case I get a few 60IIQ rolls?"

The really annoying part is, "Oh for fucks' sake - not Temp Chains and Chilled Grounds again... but its 130IIQ... and I need the map upgrades... unnngh."
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
The really annoying part is, "Oh for fucks' sake - not Temp Chains and Chilled Grounds again... but its 130IIQ... and I need the map upgrades... unnngh."

Hehehehe

Currently I have my bad period. After 10 >100iiq lvl 74 maps NO FREAKING higher map. It gave me half a stashtab of 68-74 maps (often yellow) but no higher maps.

I am missing the old Zana a lot. Those lvl 73 quests are not helping me.
"

On top of everything else that's been brought up here, I think this is a good point. Temp Chains/Chilled Ground is not fun (not saying they should be removed or anything like that) and having to roll our eyes and sigh and say "dammit ughhhh I don't want to play this map" isn't a great way to design a videogame. Which, you know, I play for entertainment.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Last edited by demon9675 on Aug 3, 2015, 4:24:24 AM
Since i don't actually have issues with ice and temp chain(damn those maps!) i went with the economically best decision and always ran them if the rolls were rewarding enough.

I also have a pretty good build so i can do all map mods.. that helps a lot.

GGG said and i noticed while testing, that in lower maps the drop rates are increased, that will help you reach pool 73/74 quite easily i reckon. I started in 2.0 just grinding my way up for fun, stopped after a while but crept up fairly quickly until then.

Still.. there is that grind to get a big pool before you become more stable, that is just what it is when maps arent overabundant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info