I still think map drops are fine - boost drops and good players can do 79++ all day long

"
Diphal wrote:
I would agree that 77-78 is sustainable. 79+ is definitely not sustainable.

In my experience in temp. leagues 77s are sustainable, 78s are already not (most of those I ran didn't drop even a +0 map, -1 at best, but I haven't run hundreds of them).

I'd say that in Std with a head start, 78s can be sustainable, but 79 are not, because they are designed not to be. Unless by "sustainable" you mean "I'm selling off all my stuff, so that I can buy 79s & 80s".
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Aug 17, 2015, 3:13:23 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Ofc it is not a troll.. it's a lot of things.

However, i have learned a long time ago, that if you write too smart and truthful a post = 0 replies will be seen. Unless you happen to be writing one of those 1 in a million posts that are just extremely good in all ways and relevant at the time of their posting, but i never was good at those i don't think like most people so i can't write what they like to see. People love someone to disagree with, thats why all random posts gets bumped, because people loove correcting others.

F...

You got sloppy lately. Your recent posts were getting on the obvious side you are just stirring up waters by controversy. I got the clue when you adjusted the title of the thread but still left there later part, which was clearly used to stir the waters.

Anyway, I cant wait for development manifesto or patch notes detailing those expected changes. I'm parking my Marauder for few days to level up 3rd character for challenge. Ill be back to mapping when 2.02 hits, and secretly hope it will bring lots of goodies with it.
"
morbo wrote:
"
Diphal wrote:

In my experience in temp. leagues 77s are sustainable, 78s are already not (most of those I ran didn't drop even a +0 map, -1 at best, but I haven't run hundreds of them).

I'd say that in Std with a head start, 78s can be sustainable, but 79 are not, because they are designed not to be. Unless by "sustainable" you mean "I'm selling off all my stuff, so that I can buy 79s & 80s".

Yea, I agree with that.

78 might be sustainable with using Vall orbs and using fragments from time to time. Maybe adding Onslaught instead of Vaal orb on maps with good packsize. But it's not worth it at all.

I will rather run 76-77 than dumping all my currency income into "sustaining" maps with one level above.

Regarding to the fact that 79+ maps are not designed to be sustainable - its quite a shame considering I can easily run them.
Last edited by Diphal on Aug 17, 2015, 4:23:56 AM
"
Diphal wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:

79+ is not sustainable, period. What u actually can do is to run multiple 77-78 to get some 79+ and then chain them in party. It is very profitable xp-wise, however can't be considered sustaining a map pool.

After 2.0 release I ran pool of +/- 40 old 78 maps (Palace/Courtyard). I got pretty good pool of new 77-79 maps. I chiseled every single one of them, chaosed to 80+q and then corrupted it. Sometimes I got result with 160-190q. I used three fragments on every single 79+ map. I trade all maps below level 76 to higher level ones.

I don't have exact numbers of how many maps I ran, but its been quite a lot... enough to make conclusion on what's sustainable and what's not. I haven't dropped under 77.

Result is I have no 80-82 map atm (been in 2 self dropped Colloseum maps since release) I have left 3x79, 18x78 and 10x77

Do you think it is a lot? Well this is amount I usually run per one day and it IS lowering. With current pace I would have no 78 left in like 3 days.

Yea i agree, i never said 79+ were maintainable, devs did, but i think they may be stretching it a little, or looking at those very few that use upwards 40+ chaos in value per map.

However, i did meet one who said he ran 80+ most of the time then every 5-6 maps dropped into 79's for a bit. He was using Zana Ambush primarily. I think ambush may be underestimated. It is after all 12 magic packs and 12 regular packs + boxes with a small chance of carto. I will do a big test on these droprates later, but waiting for their changes before using more maps, and running maps like my volcanos which i have a lot of atm. I am also a bit burned out, going to play some other games for a while.

"
You got sloppy lately. Your recent posts were getting on the obvious side you are just stirring up waters by controversy. I got the clue when you adjusted the title of the thread but still left there later part, which was clearly used to stir the waters.

Anyway, I cant wait for development manifesto or patch notes detailing those expected changes. I'm parking my Marauder for few days to level up 3rd character for challenge. Ill be back to mapping when 2.02 hits, and secretly hope it will bring lots of goodies with it.

Most people said what they wanted to said, it was discussed, now it is reduced to mostly the same 2-7 guys trying to get at me, which is what ill have to entertain myself with then. Thread is pretty much over as far as quality goes, i tried to leave this one for dead last 20 pages of posts.

I do have some more suggestions about maps cooking which will be written in another thread, if i will make it at all. I'm split, because it needs to be soon if it is to have any impact in the next patch, but i really don't feel like poe right now.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 17, 2015, 4:27:55 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
I think ambush may be underestimated. It is after all 12 magic packs and 12 regular packs + boxes with a small chance of carto.

I believe that Carto Boxes can't spawn in 80+ maps.

Quote from official 2.0 patch notes:
"
Cartographer's Strongboxes have become less frequent as you progress up the map tiers. They have not been added to the new level 80+ maps.

But ye, I agree that Ambush is great mod.
Ah, i didn't know that. Interesting, and also good.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Just throwing in my 2 cents. I finally got an 80 to drop, with a couple 79s to boot.

I had to jump-start my map pool with multiple 76s and 75s, because the map drops were stopping dead at 74.

Furthermore, I had a net LOSS of:
-a stack of chaos
-3 stacks of chisels
-a stack of alcs
-a stack of vaal orbs

So yes, the drops were bad, and yes the drop buff is welcome.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info