I still think map drops are fine - boost drops and good players can do 79++ all day long

"
Crackmonster wrote:
i just run 75-76 for minimal investment and farm a lot of currency + 77 and 78 maps.

"
Can u maybe imagine, that i am not just bullshitting

No, I really can't.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Step up your map game son!

Spoiler
I don't care what you think Peripherally, my 75+ map pool keep growing and i am not alone. It has never grown this fast in any previous expansion.. However i am also doing far more to my maps than i ever did before.

Still, when not wanting to level fast, i just run 75-76 for minimal investment and farm a lot of currency + 77 and 78 maps. I can't seem to run out of 75-76 even if i am sloppy with rolls and strongboxes, and if i do by that time i will have farmed so many 77-78 maps that i can just grow an even bigger pool of them than i had to begin with.

I stepped my map game up when times were rough u see, and i became rewarded fairly.

Can u maybe imagine, that i am not just bullshitting or lucky, but that there is a pattern in that the people who know how to roll maps have no issues sustaining what was possible before?

So we're talking about 75-76 maps now?

lmao. I thought we were talking about running 79 maps all day long. Oh that's right, the 'boost' you're talking about is coming.

I have refrained from multiple posts in this thread as I truly believe in not feeding trolls in general. However, as I think this thread and the constructive replies from the majority of players on the brokeness of the current system did have a lot in gaining the attention of the devs, positive changes are coming in 2.0.2, I must post and say thank you to the OP. You may possibly have saved this game.

Its just hard to wait for 2.0.2 to drop now. I will continue to log in once a day to at least share my masters in warbands until 2.0.2 drops.

And a BIG thank you to GGG devs for listening to your players, and taking the initiative to pour over what must be vast usage statistics to come to the same conclusion. (I'm really being sincere, THANK YOU!) I love this game and I hope that the endgame goes back to being fun soon. :-)
Keep up guys!

@Shinare
Thanks, am honored, but i didn't do this though. Everybody did, the time was ripe and posts where flowing to the point that any decent threads started growing fast.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
The biggest is your map pool, the more sloppy you can be with rolling, the less orbs you need to waste on maps and the less likey is that your pool will rekt.

Therefore comparing mapping in Standard vs mapping in fresh leagues from 2.0 start, is not fair.

* In Std you have several tabs of 76 - 78, leftovers from previous leagues / piled up pools from years of mapping (at least you should if you are also a temp.player / trader)
* In Std you have a finished character, that doesn't need a single orb invested into
* In Std you have a ton of currency

All the claims I've done in this thread pertain only to the softcore temp. league, because I've been playing only that. Similarily all your claims Crackmonster, about easy ridin' pertain only to Standard.

Although, starting with pre-rolled 78s on Awakening release day and talking about how you maintain 75+ a month after, looks like going backwards to me. You should be lighting your cigs with 76s & 77s, there is yoloswag league :P
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Aug 13, 2015, 2:40:02 PM
Never claimed any different.

However, from the start i played this game you had to take some good decent long while to build a map pool before you had protection from "map pool rekt"

It is just the nature of the game, they better start getting used to, but if they do things right they will manage. Hopefully they will implement some boost to lowerish map drop rates to help people build that pool.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Crackmonster wrote:

Spoiler
I don't care what you think Peripherally, my 75+ map pool keep growing and i am not alone. It has never grown this fast in any previous expansion.. However i am also doing far more to my maps than i ever did before.

Still, when not wanting to level fast, i just run 75-76 for minimal investment and farm a lot of currency + 77 and 78 maps. I can't seem to run out of 75-76 even if i am sloppy with rolls and strongboxes, and if i do by that time i will have farmed so many 77-78 maps that i can just grow an even bigger pool of them than i had to begin with.

I stepped my map game up when times were rough u see, and i became rewarded fairly.

Can u maybe imagine, that i am not just bullshitting or lucky, but that there is a pattern in that the people who know how to roll maps have no issues sustaining what was possible before?

The numbers don't warrant your claims at all. As a dev put it:

"
Qarl wrote:

Many players have expressed concerns that they hit a wall around level 74 or level 75. The statistics bear this out, and vividly show us there is a problem. There is a serious bump of maps being run at level 73, more than at level 72, and then a solid dive at level 74. This is partially due to level 74 being where the harder mods kick in. The harder mods can be discouraging. However, the shaping of map drops also is a big factor in the divide between 73 and 74.

So...whatever you want to make yourself believe, go right ahead. I'm sure placebos work just as effectively for some individuals as real medicine does for most, and that's fine. However the distinction exists and to deny it is outright insanity.
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
"
I was thinking that GGG should probably remove the effect of chisels and fragments on map drops.
This would make mapping better correlated to how hard the map was, rather than how much currency you spent on it.

GGG's definition of difficulty is 'how much currency one spends', though.

Remember they even do 8/8 shopping 'challenges' without fail every single league and even give a special shopflake T-shirt to the first 50.

I wonder how many of the first 50 shopper elites actually killed Core Mala or paid ~6 exalts for the 'achievement'.
Casually casual.

"
Peripherally wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:

Spoiler

The numbers don't warrant your claims at all. As a dev put it:

"
Qarl wrote:

Many players have expressed concerns that they hit a wall around level 74 or level 75. The statistics bear this out, and vividly show us there is a problem. There is a serious bump of maps being run at level 73, more than at level 72, and then a solid dive at level 74. This is partially due to level 74 being where the harder mods kick in. The harder mods can be discouraging. However, the shaping of map drops also is a big factor in the divide between 73 and 74.

So...whatever you want to make yourself believe, go right ahead. I'm sure placebos work just as effectively for some individuals as real medicine does for most, and that's fine. However the distinction exists and to deny it is outright insanity.

Your selective reading skills are impressive.

From the same thread u tried to quote

"Maps in the level 80 to 82 range are rarely run relative to other maps. This is intended; these maps are supposed to be dangerous and special, and are also intended to be not sustained in the same way as other maps. Expert players can (and do) maintain 79+ map level runs, but within the range are forced to play a variety of maps. We do also see more hoarding of maps in this level range, where players often choose to not run these maps (we assume until they improve their character)."

You must have either not read this thread, my op or pretty much have no idea what i am talking about to make a statement such as you did.

What i said was exactly that it is all about rolling your maps right, and that if they just boost broadly the good players will be able to roll 79+ all day long without issues.

You then post a comment of how most people failroll their maps and get stuck in map progression accordingly, thinking your point is somewhat relevant to address a point where it really is not.

And ohh wait, did you notice in my op the suggestion "Further increase drop rates in 74 maps and below."? Funny how that coincides with devs data isn't it?

Do you even have a clue what i am saying, or are you just enraged at me and trying to attack me because you get emotionally involved with any argument that says anything different from boosting map drop rates? That was a rhetorical question, the answer is obvious.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 16, 2015, 4:40:25 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
I was thinking that GGG should probably remove the effect of chisels and fragments on map drops.
This would make mapping better correlated to how hard the map was, rather than how much currency you spent on it.

GGG's definition of difficulty is 'how much currency one spends', though.

Remember they even do 8/8 shopping 'challenges' without fail every single league and even give a special shopflake T-shirt to the first 50.

I wonder how many of the first 50 shopper elites actually killed Core Mala or paid ~6 exalts for the 'achievement'.

Raging about how this is a game that is intended to be a thriving player economy where people can trade what they find isn't gonna do you any more good than punching the air.

Many of us want this to be a trading game and love finding loots and selling it to optimize our farm.

If they made all challenges that were balanced around selffound, then for those who play this game to it's fullest(the way it was meant and designed to be played), those challenges would be a pushover and the game wouldn't make sense and have a unified vision. When you inflict yourself with hindrances like self-found, don't expect the game to be balanced around you, because it is intended to be a trading game.

Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 16, 2015, 4:45:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info