I still think map drops are fine - boost drops and good players can do 79++ all day long

"
Crackmonster wrote:

Raging about how this is a game that is intended to be a thriving player economy where people can trade what they find isn't gonna do you any more good than punching the air.

Many of us want this to be a trading game and love finding loots and selling it to optimize our farm.

If they made all challenges that were balanced around selffound, then for those who play this game to it's fullest(the way it was meant and designed to be played), those challenges would be a pushover and the game wouldn't make sense and have a unified vision. When you inflict yourself with hindrances like self-found, don't expect the game to be balanced around you, because it is intended to be a trading game.

And many of us dont want this to be a trading game. In fact, majority don't want it, as trade centric balance doesnt bring anything good to this type of games, as we can see with POE and all the problems the game has, that you need to work around with trading. Problems that are there only because of it

Now, its ok to like trading even in a arpg game that are know for being more kill and get loot and less about trading. And as a only arpg game that is heavily based on it, people should not be supported that a lot of people hate it and want changes for better.

And poe offers options to make it possible so even people that like trading can play in a trade centric environment. and people that dont to play in one without trading.

But trading is the main problem this game has, and bad mechanic that are there only because of trade center game. And if GGG wants to improve their game and the core problems it has, the "economy is most important part of the game" mentality needs to change
Last edited by miljan on Aug 16, 2015, 5:36:03 AM
I can't say anyhting to what you say, except:

Good for you.

This isn't a self-found game and trading is an integral part of it. End.

I don't mind things being done to assist self-founders, that's only good, but don't let it reduce the highest quality of the game, where the game comes together as all it's systems are designed towards a vision, rather than fragmenting into something worthless because some people don't want this and that.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
I was thinking that GGG should probably remove the effect of chisels and fragments on map drops.
This would make mapping better correlated to how hard the map was, rather than how much currency you spent on it.

GGG's definition of difficulty is 'how much currency one spends', though.

Remember they even do 8/8 shopping 'challenges' without fail every single league and even give a special shopflake T-shirt to the first 50.

I wonder how many of the first 50 shopper elites actually killed Core Mala or paid ~6 exalts for the 'achievement'.

Raging about how this is a game that is intended to be a thriving player economy where people can trade what they find isn't gonna do you any more good than punching the air.

Many of us want this to be a trading game and love finding loots and selling it to optimize our farm.

If they made all challenges that were balanced around selffound, then for those who play this game to it's fullest(the way it was meant and designed to be played), those challenges would be a pushover and the game wouldn't make sense and have a unified vision. When you inflict yourself with hindrances like self-found, don't expect the game to be balanced around you, because it is intended to be a trading game.

I'm not sure where all that came from. How you thought I was raging or was suggesting or even wanting any of the strange stuff you waffled on about.

Someone suggested having map progression correlate to how difficult the map was rather than how much currency you sink into it.

I pointed out why GGG won't ever go for this and gave examples of why.

"those challenges would be a pushover" Holy crap, more of a pushover than 'buy achievement, win'.
That would be some next gen pushoverediness.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Aug 16, 2015, 6:04:17 AM
So you make comments, and don't want to accept that you are qq'ing about how you consider ggg to be all about spending to win, but don't want to be corrected?

I'm just going to leave this here, maybe you will realize how what you said eventually boils down to what i commented on..

Peace, self-founders.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 16, 2015, 5:53:11 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
So you make comments, and don't want to accept that you are qq'ing about how you consider ggg to be all about spending to win, but don't want to be corrected?

I'm just going to leave this here, maybe you will realize how what you said eventually boils down to what i commented on..

Peace, self-founders.

I'm not denying that I'm stating GGG are all about 'spending (in game) currency to win'. Whatever gave you the impression I was? Nor is anyone correcting me on that, how could they?

At this point I'm just completely confused at wtf you are going on about, Crack.

Don't forget to call this QQ, too, it looks good.

Spoiler
NOT!
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Aug 16, 2015, 5:53:10 AM
Just adding this, a too late edit i made to last pos

It isn't about spending, it is about freedom, which means you can use your freedom get ahead of those who don't, when you anylyse that backwards(and wrong), i can see how you can confuse that but you still have it backwards.

Freedom to trade your items, to give away your items, freedom over restrictions is what it is all about, which means those who would rather everyone else be restricted to the freedom like they to have are worse off.
-

Damn, i don't know where i get that idea from, hmm, maybe from

"
GGG's definition of difficulty is 'how much currency one spends', though.

Remember they even do 8/8 shopping 'challenges' without fail every single league and even give a special shopflake T-shirt to the first 50.

I wonder how many of the first 50 shopper elites actually killed Core Mala or paid ~6 exalts for the 'achievement'.

:D
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 16, 2015, 5:55:33 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
If they made all challenges that were balanced around selffound,

Nobody expects anything in PoE to be balanced around self-found. But making challenges balanced around self-kill would already make them less of a travesty.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Crackmonster wrote:
which means those who would rather everyone else be restricted to the freedom like they to have

Who are these people and what do they and this strange derail have to do with your thread?
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Aug 16, 2015, 6:35:41 AM
Go back to your caves, trolls. :D
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
Peripherally wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Step up your map game son!

Spoiler
I don't care what you think Peripherally, my 75+ map pool keep growing and i am not alone. It has never grown this fast in any previous expansion.. However i am also doing far more to my maps than i ever did before.

Still, when not wanting to level fast, i just run 75-76 for minimal investment and farm a lot of currency + 77 and 78 maps. I can't seem to run out of 75-76 even if i am sloppy with rolls and strongboxes, and if i do by that time i will have farmed so many 77-78 maps that i can just grow an even bigger pool of them than i had to begin with.

I stepped my map game up when times were rough u see, and i became rewarded fairly.

Can u maybe imagine, that i am not just bullshitting or lucky, but that there is a pattern in that the people who know how to roll maps have no issues sustaining what was possible before?

The numbers don't warrant your claims at all. As a dev put it:

"
Qarl wrote:

Many players have expressed concerns that they hit a wall around level 74 or level 75. The statistics bear this out, and vividly show us there is a problem. There is a serious bump of maps being run at level 73, more than at level 72, and then a solid dive at level 74. This is partially due to level 74 being where the harder mods kick in. The harder mods can be discouraging. However, the shaping of map drops also is a big factor in the divide between 73 and 74.

So...whatever you want to make yourself believe, go right ahead. I'm sure placebos work just as effectively for some individuals as real medicine does for most, and that's fine. However the distinction exists and to deny it is outright insanity.

Your selective reading skills are impressive.

From the same thread u tried to quote

"Maps in the level 80 to 82 range are rarely run relative to other maps. This is intended; these maps are supposed to be dangerous and special, and are also intended to be not sustained in the same way as other maps. Expert players can (and do) maintain 79+ map level runs, but within the range are forced to play a variety of maps. We do also see more hoarding of maps in this level range, where players often choose to not run these maps (we assume until they improve their character)."

You must have either not read this thread, my op or pretty much have no idea what i am talking about to make a statement such as you did.

What i said was exactly that it is all about rolling your maps right, and that if they just boost broadly the good players will be able to roll 79+ all day long without issues.

You then post a comment of how most people failroll their maps and get stuck in map progression accordingly, thinking your point is somewhat relevant to address a point where it really is not.

@the bolded part: I never said people "failroll their maps". That is something you have been harping on since your OP. Try not to get what I said confused with what you have been saying over and over all along.

In any case crackmonster, your name does you justice. You post quite a bit of fluff so I need to boil it down for you so only the relevant parts remain (sound familiar?).

From your OP:

"
Crackmonster wrote:

I keep saying droprates are fine and i keep having no problems, in fact my map pool has never been as enormous as it is now in 2.0. I'm not cherry picking results either, everyday i evidence to myself that i have no issues running maps.

My contention: map drop rates (primarily mid-tier and above) have been abysmal since 2.0 launch. Every post I've made in this thread of yours has iterated that on some level. Dev post reaffirms this. Your quote of other part of dev post also indicates that maps of level 79+ are hoarded rather than commonly ran, according to dev because people's builds are not ready for them (likely not true in general, as others have mentioned, it is because those level maps are better to sell and gain some return than getting mostly negligible map drops from them).

You're wrong, just accept it and move on to your next fix of crack, crackmonster.
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info