I still think map drops are fine - boost drops and good players can do 79++ all day long

Makes sense, they tend to have that approach. They leave it usually for a good long time before starting to adjust, to get the most solid feedback to operate on. Sometimes making drastic changes somewhere down the line when they believe they understand the situation.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
They have already stated that the highest maps are intended for their most dedicated players - it seems to work to their intention.

Anyways, your suggestions do not seem to reflect the stances at which you initially come off with, as they are quite reasonable.

If you ask me they should do something along the lines of:

Improve map drops from exiles and rares. I've never seen a map drop from an exile in 2.0.
Further increase drop rates in 74 maps and below. A good healthy boost to help people build map base.

I'm not sure who are you addressing but it might be me. I never stated nor argued for all maps be available and run every day. I have no issue with lvl80, 81 and 82 maps being rare, which is in line with GGG's desire to slow down leveling process (which is moot effort as show by ETUP).

People are struggling to break away from base mid-tier maps, 74 or 75. This is definitely not right. Mid tier maps should be available to those who make the effort. You should also be able to reap moderate profit on running mid-tier maps rather than going broke by expending all currency to sustain those maps.

Exiles and Beyond bosses do not drop maps. It was intentionally removed by GGG in Awakening.

Last edited by Baron01 on Aug 3, 2015, 8:39:57 AM
"
Baron01 wrote:

People are struggling to break away from base mid-tier maps, 74 or 74. This is definitely nor right. Mid tier maps should be available to those who make the effort. You should also be able to reap moderate profit on running mid-tier maps rather than going broke by expending all currency to sustain those maps.

Was for you, and i agree.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Improve map drops from exiles and rares. I've never seen a map drop from an exile in 2.0.

Beacuse rogue exiles can't drop maps anymore in 2.0 (stated in patch notes).

I've also not seen a map drop from beyond mobs (bosses or otherwise) or warbands. Cartoboxes seem to almost not exists anymore (1x in 140hrs of mapping in Warbands). Getting magic mobs on boxes seem to be more rare than I recall (using two stacks of alts to get +3 magic pack is not uncommon)... etc, etc.

All these nerfs together create a synergy of a shitty mapping experience, where most players get stuck in ~74, way overgeared and overleveled (and thus bored). I agree on 80+ maps being "hard to get". I don't agree on 75 - 79 being more expensive to play, than chaining 78s was in 1.3

---

Everything would be ok, if getting a 100%+ quantity map would not be so expensive. I can play hard maps - if I can afford them. This system is not even a currency sink, it's much more - it uses your orbs and the orbs of several other people, you need to trade for = gameplay designed around forced trading.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Aug 3, 2015, 8:05:49 AM
http://poestatistics.com/users/crackmonster/

With your map rolling skills, you should able to hit 100 on CaelumRex pretty quickly if you can sustain the 78+ tier, say in around 2 weeks if you play roughly 4 hours a day. Do you think that's possible?
Last edited by bluegray on Aug 3, 2015, 9:24:03 AM
"
For 77'ers i start chiselings, then chaos till decent and then corrupt(unless a very good roll).

I have been doing this for 200 maps and I can tell you that if this is all you do, you cannot sustain 77+ indefinitely. You must Zana mod maps as well in order to not fall back down to 76.

Also, Chisel/Alch/Chaos/Vaal/Zana Mod is insufficient to sustain 79+ without falling down to 78.

So... we have a situation where sustaining 77/78 requires extreme expense for sustaining what are MID TIER maps and sustaining 79+ is not possible.

If you are OK with running your 75/76 pool then yeah, drops feel OK. If you want to stay 77+, you'd better be prepared to drop some serious $$$$ on your rolls in the form of Zana mods, and you cannot do anything to stay in 79+.

The reason you feel drops are OK and others don't is that you are OK running poop level maps to rebuild your 77+ pool.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Aug 3, 2015, 9:45:55 AM
"
BurakUeda wrote:
Being able to buy the highest level map for 2 exa on Warbands means it is not that rare right?

In standard I can find one 82 map right now which is 7 exalt.

To the TO:

- Your post is somewhat helpful and somewhat encouraging, though running that amount of 77s and spending that amount of currency on them is like running that amount of 73s in 1.3 and spending that amount of currency, just to get 2 lvl 76 and one 75. Hm.

- Question: How many maps have you run in total?

- Question: The currency you made is quite impressive. How much currency in total did you spend in the process on rolling maps and strongboxes (approx.)?

- Question: How did you get the lvl 80 maps? Zana mission +1 and boss drop +2?

Would be helpful to know the answer to those questions :). Thanks.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
but, but, you have to roll maps properly...

171% tot. quant.

=

This is why current PoE map system sucks. It's not a game, but a lottery sim.

If you are a gambling addict, who doesn't care for goals or progression, then PoE is better than sex. If you are a gamer, then you'll just get frustrated by BS RNG cockblocking design.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Okay, one response for those who didn't read the thread.

First, i didn't say that i expect to maintain 77+ constantly, second, i said i expect to maintain 76+ with occasional dips into 75.

Get your facts straight, less trying to put words in mouth it doesn't suit your arguments, not my problem you are emotionally involved and cannot think clearly.

"
bluegray wrote:
http://poestatistics.com/users/crackmonster/

With your map rolling skills, you should able to hit 100 on CaelumRex pretty quickly if you can sustain the 78+ tier, say in around 2 weeks if you play roughly 4 hours a day. Do you think that's possible?

No, i don't see myself being 100 in 2 weeks. Maybe if i went at it all night and day.

"
Char1983 wrote:
"
BurakUeda wrote:
Being able to buy the highest level map for 2 exa on Warbands means it is not that rare right?

In standard I can find one 82 map right now which is 7 exalt.

To the TO:

- Your post is somewhat helpful and somewhat encouraging, though running that amount of 77s and spending that amount of currency on them is like running that amount of 73s in 1.3 and spending that amount of currency, just to get 2 lvl 76 and one 75. Hm.

- Question: How many maps have you run in total?

- Question: The currency you made is quite impressive. How much currency in total did you spend in the process on rolling maps and strongboxes (approx.)?

- Question: How did you get the lvl 80 maps? Zana mission +1 and boss drop +2?

Would be helpful to know the answer to those questions :). Thanks.

In total since 2.0? maybe 150-200, maybe more.

To earn that currency i used maybe 200 chisels, 50-70 vaal orbs, lets say.. 150 chaos and 350 alterations. What's that, that's like 9 exalt on standard. That's just loosely guessing, i really don't know the true numbers. I didn't need to buy it all though i found a decent amount of chaos/chisels/vaals/alterations as well. There might have been like 1 row of stuff already farmed before i started putting stuff in there today, but the vast majority is from now, not sure.

It is considerably more expensive to run 77+ maps as opposed to 75-76, where you need less chaos and no chisels for almost the same currency rewards. Looking at that now its quite a lot, but almost in raw currency drops i can make up for it, well i actually think i can if i counted it all up. The day before i found 1ex 1div as well. But this is running 6-12h straight sessions with no breaks maps back to back, low downtime, i cant do that forever just when im on fire and enjoying.

In addition you have to consider i also level 6 gems of the type enlighten/empower/enhance, i find other rares that sometimes can be valuable, i find quite a lot of fragments. Also qual gems for vendoring, qual maps to vendor, etc etc. Been heavy running maps now for like 3-5 days and i have farmed over a half stashtab of fragments.

The 80's i think i got from +1 corrupts this time, could have been zana just as well but not in this batch. The 79 was from a zana map boss+2 though. Heh.

Anyways, mapping is about spending.. You must spend, but then you also earn with side benefit of getting more maps. If you try to go stingy on maps you will grow like grass in a dark cellar. Overspend for not a good enough return, and you will go broke.. Just have to keep learning.. i find that you know afterwards if you made a mistake like vaaling a "very good roll", or chaosing a roll that was good enough.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 3, 2015, 10:34:55 AM
Well the problem for me is I don't like to trade very much, I a also not good at it, and its tedious. So if I need to spend as much currency as I make on those maps, that is kind of pretty disappointing, because then I am making no progress in terms of currency. I am also sometimes not making progress in terms of XP because my character (tanky melee) still sometimes gets oneshot on playing errors, but more likely on lag spikes.

Besides that, do you think that players should not be able to sustain 79 maps if they were putting in as much currency as you do? If that only gets you to sustain 76+ maps, that is kind of meh. If the "sustain barrier" was two levels higher, I think I would not complain that much.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info