I still think map drops are fine - boost drops and good players can do 79++ all day long

Take it easy guys, and hf mapping!
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
"
They are absolutely NOT okay.

Content should be GATED by difficulty NOT RNG, Watch everyone quote this post.
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
I guess it makes sense that in the first month people haven't built up a new map pool yet and so the sustainability seems impossible. Then in the second month, some people (like TC) cross the hurdle and it starts to look a lot more doable. Sounds like GGG got the tuning just right for this transition point to occur during a league's life span. Next month there will probably be even more people indicating they can sustain high maps. For now though, Crackmonster, you're going to remain a loner until more people catch up.

Did you not see my post where I debunked that horse shit of an argument? As a standard player with quite a considerable map pool already built up, I could not even come close to sustaining.
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
"
zorroaster wrote:
"
"
They are absolutely NOT okay.

Content should be GATED by difficulty NOT RNG, Watch everyone quote this post.

I can quote my own post right? I mean it's being dropped nearly every page.

bahahaha.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Crackmonster is either a troll, a hispter or a white knight. Take a pick.
Ouch, you really hurt my feelings bro! Ahahah :P
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
I think he really wants to be a hipster. A lying one. Or an incredible lucky one. Take your pick.
"
i8037 wrote:
"
standard

Uhh... oh yeah, nobody cares.

What a stupid post. No context, no quoted name, in a thread about a topic which is global over all leagues and evidently you do care enough to make the daft reply.

I'll never get the time back that I wasted contemplating the amount of stupid I just witnessed.

"
tinko92 wrote:
Crackmonster is either a troll, a hispter or a white knight. Take a pick.

None, he's just experiencing good RNG. I've been there myself several times where good RNG upon good RNG exponentially increases map base, it will all come crashing, for sure. Then we will see whether he posts about it or sulks quietly wishing he hadn't been so naive to think it was anything but rare luck.

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Aug 4, 2015, 6:46:30 PM
d
Last edited by Jennik on Dec 11, 2015, 10:11:23 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Right now a lot of the time I am spending in boring content. Which sucks, and reduces motivation.

That's the problem. In other games we can do as challenging content as we want and be rewarded for it.
In PoE we have to do boring content all the time in order to get some limited access to interesting content for a while . In no way being level 87 and doing 74 maps for no experience or rewards is interesting or challenging or a good gaming experience at all. It's just a waste of time, and other games tend to provide more enjoyable experience for the time investment.
I'm currently not playing until the drop rate is fixed, there is just no point.
Last edited by morinius on Aug 4, 2015, 7:34:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info