Shield Charge

• Enemies not directly hit don't even get hit. Try to hit after a pack monster, the character will simply pass through them, not dealing damage.
• The damage is based on the weapon instead of the shield? Makes no sense
• Can't use unarmed
• Great skill
i like this game. i mean have you seen how powerful is the barbarian
1. That's what the skill says.
2. That's what the skill says.
3. That's what the skill says.
4. That, it doesn't.

Let's just grab the description while we're at it:
Charges at an enemy, bashing it with the character's shield while striking with a melee weapon[2,3]. This knocks it back and stuns it. Enemies in the way are pushed to the side[1]. Damage and stun are proportional to distance traveled.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
1. That's what the skill says.
2. That's what the skill says.
3. That's what the skill says.
4. That, it doesn't.

Let's just grab the description while we're at it:
Charges at an enemy, bashing it with the character's shield while striking with a melee weapon[2,3]. This knocks it back and stuns it. Enemies in the way are pushed to the side[1]. Damage and stun are proportional to distance traveled.

I read the description, yes. I was hoping I could use them with Facebreakers, seems like I can't
i like this game. i mean have you seen how powerful is the barbarian
After thinking up various ways a unique could achieve it, I think it'd probably be easiest to roll the novelty mod into the skill itself:

Thorns damage should be dealt to any enemies knocked out of the way and to the final target. It'd just be cool. Which is why I want it.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
How far do you have to be to achieve the maximum damage bonus from the skill?
YAWCK

Shield charge stuns the player at the end of the cast, is there no way to prevent this? Unwavering stance? Im not sure if its a stun or what it is, but it is so disruptive to the flow of the game that I wont use it for this reason, which is a shame... because I like the skill overall.
"
Ouroboros226 wrote:
Shield charge stuns the player at the end of the cast
No it doesn't. You perform a melee attack at the end of the charge, which is when you actually get to hit the enemy, is that perhaps what you're referring to?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Ouroboros226 wrote:
No it doesn't. You perform a melee attack at the end of the charge, which is when you actually get to hit the enemy, is that perhaps what you're referring to?

Hi Mark.

I seemed to remember from memory that SC caused a stun or delayed animation at the end. I was almost certain this was the case (Low attack speed a factor?). However I tested it again now, and it felt just fine.

I apologize for spraading misinformation. I was wrong :)
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Ouroboros226 wrote:

Hey Marc,

Could you explain, why you at GGG want to work this skill only with melee weapons? In its current form, this skill is barly used, which is a shame imho.
Is there a possibilty that you make the skill work with unarmed and wands too? That would offer so many possibilitys to use it.

I clearly understand how this skill is working at the moment - the damage is caluclated from your weapon and + add damage modifiers. So it should be possible to make such a change relativly easy.

Thanks
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on Nov 5, 2013, 6:12:31 AM
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
Hey Marc,

Could you explain, why you at GGG want to work this skill only with melee weapons? In its current form, this skill is barly used, which is a shame imho.
Is there a possibilty that you make the skill work with unarmed and wands too? That would offer so many possibilitys to use it.

I clearly understand how this skill is working at the moment - the damage is caluclated from your weapon and + add damage modifiers. So it should be possible to make such a change relativly easy.
You do a melee strike at the end of the charge. You can't use wands in melee, so that doesn't make sense. Unarmed is a possibility at some point, since it is melee and we could probably get away with using the same animations as the claw version.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info