Shield Charge

I just wanted to express my hopes for this skill to be what it is...
a shield charge.
and not a shield charge melee smash as it is now.
I dont understand how it needs to perform a melee strike at the end, that doesnt even make sense.

Casters get lighting warp - scaling with movement speed / reduced duration

Melee weapon users get either Leap slam or whirling blades, both scaling insane with attackspeed.

Id love to see an alternative for Shield users (unarmed/ wander), i.g Shield charge.

It cant leap/port you over a cliff like the others do, but its nearly identical with the use of whirling blade ...execpt that most of the Builds who uses Shields, cant even use shield charge. Lol.
Last edited by Zackz on Nov 16, 2013, 8:47:19 AM
I'm amazed the way this skill hits enemies has never changed. You have to aim perfectly at a mob, and even then it's dubious at best that you'll actually make a hit. Because the mob might move a tenth of a millimeter, or it might be out of synch (or the player might be), or it just goes 'screw you' and doesn't do anything despite having aimed perfectly at an immobile opponent 0.5 second after having typed /oos. The idea of the skill is awesome and I'd love nothing more than to be able to use it, but it's complete unreliability make this skill a no-go.

When paired with Melee Splash it would be awesome if it did the splash effect at the end of your charge regardless, but that might be too strong - I don't know.
I do know that something should change about the way this skill targets enemies because it hits them less than a blind guy in a fight club.
"
Zackz wrote:
a shield charge.
I dont understand how it needs to perform a melee strike at the end, that doesnt even make sense.

Melee weapon users get either Leap slam or whirling blades, both scaling insane with attackspeed.

Id love to see an alternative for Shield users (unarmed/ wander), i.g Shield charge.

It cant leap/port you over a cliff like the others do, but its nearly identical with the use of whirling blade ...execpt that most of the Builds who uses Shields, cant even use shield charge. Lol.

I totaly agree with this.
Hoping for a change.
Lost where no man has been lost before.
"
ZtriDer wrote:
"
Zackz wrote:
a shield charge.

I totaly agree with this.
Hoping for a change.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Unarmed shield charge not possible? The audacity! Not to mention the general misses with this skill. It's really bothersome. If the attack with weapon at the end was removed, perhaps so would the delay before being able to move again. But even if that's not the case, I really want to be able to use this unarmed.
Can we use "endurance charge on melee stun " to get endurance charge ?
Shield Charge is frustrating to use because it's difficult to reach max distance without using it on the corner of your screen. If you want to shield charge directly down, unless you have a monitor that is laying on its side... well, good luck.

It would be really nice if you could SHIFT + CLICK in a direction and have your character attempt to run shield charge's full distance, without specifying a point.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Itemization-wise, I am kinda surprised that shield types don't have a base damage value assigned to them for skills like Shield Charge. For comparison, consider the Assassin's kick skills in D2, and how the damage was based off of the boot type. Players had to invest heavily in strength to get the damage from Myrmidon Greaves, etc.

Another idea could be to use thorns damage to boost the skill, since you're essentially just smashing yourself into enemies. You could deal base damage from the shield and also give players a reason to load up on thorns or specifically use spiked shields.

Finally, it'd be especially sweet if Tempest Shield could interact with Shield Charge in some way (obviously I have no idea if this is technically possible, but I can dream!). Imagine if Tempest Shield lashed out at all enemies struck with the shield charge, or if it created a kind of lightning-based pulse effect that continued through the enemies at the end of the charge.

Just spit-ballin' ideas.
This skill really needs to be implemented with unarmed.
Domination IGN: Skyrat_Mage
"
Aixius wrote:
Imagine if Tempest Shield lashed out at all enemies struck with the shield charge, or if it created a kind of lightning-based pulse effect that continued through the enemies at the end of the charge.

Just spit-ballin' ideas.

I think any enemies hit by the charged and knocked back, but not hurt by the final hit, should take any and all thorns damage the player has on them. Then a spiked shield would actually hurt your enemies when you, you know, bash them with your shield.

And maybe apply it to the final hit too. But that might be overkill now that splash effects it.

"
anubite wrote:
Shield Charge is frustrating to use because it's difficult to reach max distance without using it on the corner of your screen. If you want to shield charge directly down, unless you have a monitor that is laying on its side... well, good luck.

It would be really nice if you could SHIFT + CLICK in a direction and have your character attempt to run shield charge's full distance, without specifying a point.

This would also be nice. It'd be even nicer if the skill could somehow have flicker strikes random targetting added to it when combined with multistrike. Then I could finally be a human pinball.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Jan 22, 2014, 2:18:49 PM
Shield charge currently is the only skill for a Sword and Board type melee. Yet I have never seen it used by any player in a public group.

This skill is one of the hardest skills I have ever seen to use in PoE yet it's rewards for proper use is terrible.

1. You can't tell when your at max range vs any other range.
2. support gems are pretty sad for this build, they don't really work well.
3. It's only good to use on mobs that are standing still. Mobs that are standing still is not something that happens very often in this game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info