[2.0.x] Iron Will Incinerate Totems 1200+ Strength, 16k+ tooltip, 8k+ life (updated 11/13/2015)

prefered flasks? plowing through maps with ease but feel like i could up my survivability by sorting out my flasks as they are just random junk atm.
Last edited by tony32p on Aug 16, 2015, 7:18:52 PM
"
spiky0209 wrote:
How does Celestial Punishment works with the build? I am confused as it seems we dont get much burning damage since the ignite chance is low, and each hit is not that much?

Mind to share how it works in terms of mechanism?

Thanks

If i may.
Flammability, 11.5 casts per second per totem.
I can vouche everything burns.

Thats like 23 casts per second, socket in a chance to ignite and u can do some emberwake taming shnennigans, if only somebody knew if its worth it :P

Sweet build by the way.
Last edited by pathofexiletoon on Aug 16, 2015, 4:18:51 PM
Flasks depend on the level of map and mods but on tempest I run.

1 seething/bubbling health pots freeze/burning/bleeding
1 seething/bubbling health pot bleed removal
1 ruby flask of curse removal can swap for topaz/sapphire of curse removal as maps/bosses require
1 granite with armor or movespeed or shock removal
1 granite/quicksilver/unique flask/preference flask

I run a quicksilver as 5th flask usually with either movespeed, freeze removal, or shock removal.

Run a shock removal quicksilver and shock removal granite for shocked ground maps. Shocked ground is a tempest killer. It is a common theme I see in many Tempest Rip videos.

Run a chill remove quicksilver for chilled ground maps in 5th slot.

Could also run taste of hate/doedre's elixir(not sure if works with Blood Magic), Rumi's Concoction, as 5th.

"
Sweet build by the way.

Dawww ty!

"
How does Celestial Punishment works with the build? I am confused as it seems we dont get much burning damage since the ignite chance is low, and each hit is not that much?

Mind to share how it works in terms of mechanism?

Pretty much what the other guy said. We hit enough times per second that even if the burn time is half a second, we're still getting bonus damage so it is just a solid damage node overall. If you aren't consistently using Flammability, you're welcome to skip this node until much later in the build.

"
prefered flasks? plowing through maps with ease but feel like i could up my survivability by sorting out my flasks as they are just random junk atm.

Whatever setup you prefer really. This is one of very few builds I prefer Divine over Hallowed bases so I'd start with that. From there, look at finding 7-10 flasks that you swap out depending on the map you are running at any given point. I have all my resist flasks rolled for different maps/rolls along with two granites and multiple life flasks. Quicksilvers are fine but if you are in hardcore, I'd recommend a Taste of Hate as your last flask instead.
What about the scion vs marauder topic Fenrils, any thoughts?
And won't rumis only work with shield?
Last edited by Chridian on Aug 17, 2015, 3:12:10 PM
"
What about the scion vs marauder topic Fenrils, any thoughts?

Honestly, I have yet to do the actual math for it but Scion will likely be better than Marauder assuming you have gg jewels for each slot. Otherwise, Mara will always outdo it for stats and survivability. Templar is another consideration for the build as the tree doesn't change practically at all. He will end up doing more damage but will have slightly less life.

"
And won't rumis only work with shield?

Nope! Rumi's is a catch-all "+% chance to block" effect so it will affect our dual wield blocking. Dual wielding has a default 15% block chance so a perfect Rumis will bring you to 45% chance to block attacks (15 for spells ofc). I'd personally recommend Taste of Hate over Rumis if you can afford it as physical damage is the main killer for 2.0 and its damage reduction is more consistent than Rumis. If you wanted more damage, Atziris Promise also exists.
oh wow that's awesome, I have atziri's promise but I might invest in taste of hate and/or rumis since you basically use them for any char tbh.
Also with gg jewels you mean for instance:
15% increased totem damage
10% increased damage
15% increased spell damage/while dual wielding
something like that?
Why dont u get the soul steel node? is it not worth it?

Great guide and build btw Thanks
"
Why dont u get the soul steel node? is it not worth it?

We get plenty of %armour from our off-hand Doon so it's not really worth it. Our biggest issue in that respect is amassing flat armour since the vast majority of it will end up coming from our chest slot, making it even harder than usual to get a really solid chest. I'm currently attempting to 6L an ilvl84 Glorious Plate that I made a few days ago so that I can craft a replacement chest for my own. Ideally we are getting 2.2k+ armour from it but I'll be happy with 1.8k.

"
oh wow that's awesome, I have atziri's promise but I might invest in taste of hate and/or rumis since you basically use them for any char tbh.
Also with gg jewels you mean for instance:
15% increased totem damage
10% increased damage
15% increased spell damage/while dual wielding
something like that?

Yeah or any mix of relevant stats really. Cast speed is actually incredibly efficient for us since we get very little on the tree. My ideal jewel would probably end up being 5% cast speed while dual wielding, 5% cast speed for fire skills, 15% projectile damage, 12% spell damage. %life is fine and definitely great if it comes with other mods but we have so much life already, I'd pretty much always rather have damage on our jewels. If you also look at my own skill tree, you'll see that I have jewels with +attributes. They help immensely with gearing properly.
Nothing says you can't deviate from the build, it's just a template. You can pretty much run whatever you like. I personally run 6 endurance charges and 5 less life nodes. If you want to run soul of steel you could. But you are not using a shield so you are not scaling armor off a 2500 armor shield. If you take 4 points in this cluster you will have 4 less life nodes and life nodes make you less likely to be frozen/stunned/shocked/statused and scale your %regen. So there are always trade offs. The combined life/armor or endurance charge nodes are probably the most beneficial but if you want to make an armor stacked version of this build you could. But I still think the beauty of this build is the simplicity to stack strength and get combined armor, life, and spell damage not trying to stack armor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info