[2.0.x] Iron Will Incinerate Totems 1200+ Strength, 16k+ tooltip, 8k+ life (updated 11/13/2015)

You could run a soul mantle, but this build really needs Astral plate for resists and armor scaling. Level 14 spell totem is also 6 levels lower and I'm not sure that a 50% modifier makes up for base life loss. Having alot less armor and resists and getting randomly cursed with damage amplifying Curses sounds very bad for tempest or warbands.
"
ClaudelGFX wrote:
how about 3 totems with Soul Mantle Spidersilk Robe

"
You could run a soul mantle, but this build really needs Astral plate for resists and armor scaling.

^Pretty much what this guy said. The curses don't matter too much if you run 1-2 curse immunity flasks but the armour from your chest ends up being the majority of base armour on your character. While currently I am not unhappy with armour, I am looking to upgrade to a similar astral/glorious with 1.8k+ armour so I can get that much tankier.

"
I changed my tempest witch variant build up a little and pulled 5 life nodes and am running 6×14second endurance charges at 7200 life at lvl 87 and when level 19cwdt goes off IC is giving 2 to 3 seconds of Physical Immunity which feels alot safer. The 14 second endurance charge duration is pretty strong as they rarely drop in mapping now which is an extra 24% physical mitigation on top of the Doon offhand armor bonuses and this mitigation is effective on large physical hits where armor gets less effective. I tried rallying cry out but feel alot less safe without floaty mitigation balls.

Nice! I have been leveling up another IC and CWDT for this specific purpose. I am eventually going to do some testing on an an actual Enduring Cry setup with CWDT - IC - Increased Duration. I was also going to test taking out our golem and instead running CWDT - GMP - Ball Lightning - Blind. Since we'll have at least 12% reduction from the endurance charges with this setup, we'll still be net positive from dropping the golem so the constant blind may end up simply being better than having a golem.

Feel free to keep giving more suggestions guys! Let's get this build as optimized as possible :D
Also I like to run MF on my characters, would you say its entirely not possible to switch out a gem with item rarity for this build or?
"
Also I like to run MF on my characters, would you say its entirely not possible to switch out a gem with item rarity for this build or?

You can absolutely run rarity but you wont be able to do high maps with it. First thing you want to do is swap to flame totem (gem colours are exactly the same so this is easy). Take out faster casting for rarity, off-hand doon for Wheel of the Stormsail, Alberons for Goldwyrms, and any high iir/resist rings. You'll be cutting your dps by a reasonable portion but you can pretty reasonably get ~12-15k Flame Totem on it, which is plenty for dried lake or 68 maps.

If you have a group that you are playing with and its fine that you wont be dealing any damage, you can also just swap out all of your IW gear for MF gear and run flame totem. Our base life is high enough that you should still easily hit 6k+ with MF gear making it pretty safe to cull in mid/high maps. This obviously doesn't work well for soloing since your damage is going to be shit at this point but its fine for group play.

awesomsauce!
Also forwhatever reason, if I felt I wanted to run with a shield, would I have to change anything at all in the build?
Also fyi I had massive problems with certain bosses on my other chars, with this one? It's almost too easy :D
I think Scion has by far the best version of this build for endgame after tinkering with the skilltree. Assuming you have atleast 7 jewels with ~39%+ damage. Also has the option to run conduit for group play. Being able to pay 3 6% or 8% damage nodes to get a 40%+ gem is better than any elemental damage nodes on the tree. Probably the worst tree for having bad jewels but the best tree if you have some good ones. Scion too op.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAecEswUtDjwUIBRNFHEWbxhWGJEaOBpVJKolvCcvKhMspy2oLlM1kjboNuk6UjrYOuE8LUGHSsRN41BHWOVZ81orXz9hIWZUZp5nm2hYaGVodGjybztyD3KpdO12rHgNe8OCB4KbgwmDX4PMhO-Fe4nYkFWUoJo7m12iAKPypleomqyqrj6xkLXytz631ryfvoDAGsBmxPbGrs9-02_VpteW2E3Yvdl82mLawdtP21nfv-DD4XPjauRR6hjsOO087w7wH_JF8pfz3fau9zL46_no-tL8S_4K_o8=
Very well thought though build, which I have decided to try and make a build around. I have ran in to a dilemma though.
I have aquired All the core items of the build, except a 6L, which my economy says No to atm.
- Question is; should i buy a somewhat shitty 6L corrupted chest, and have All the gems, or should I use a nicely rolled 5L and Take out a gem? Or Even use flame totem until I get that 6L?
- Do I use Rain of Splinters with Flame totem, or is that strictly with Incinerate?

Hope you can help, cheers.
Last edited by Cruzeriox on Aug 15, 2015, 5:53:06 PM
Nice build, I ripped from a vaal molten shell totem but I decided to continue on standard and the build is rolling well!

Using clear mind and rain of splinters.

Only problem is strength. I know my gear doesn't have the best strength rolls, but its not super far off from yours and mine is about 300-400 less. What am I doing wrong?

Gear
"
negusmaster wrote:
Nice build, I ripped from a vaal molten shell totem but I decided to continue on standard and the build is rolling well!

Using clear mind and rain of splinters.

Only problem is strength. I know my gear doesn't have the best strength rolls, but its not super far off from yours and mine is about 300-400 less. What am I doing wrong?

Gear

You're missing 3% strength from your Alberons and up to 3% on Black Sun Crest, not to mention the lack of strength on your chest. These alone will boost you an easy 100-150. The rest is likely just your level. My character is currently level 93 so I likely have more flat strength on the tree. It'll come in time.

"
Very well thought though build, which I have decided to try and make a build around. I have ran in to a dilemma though.
I have aquired All the core items of the build, except a 6L, which my economy says No to atm.
- Question is; should i buy a somewhat shitty 6L corrupted chest, and have All the gems, or should I use a nicely rolled 5L and Take out a gem? Or Even use flame totem until I get that 6L?
- Do I use Rain of Splinters with Flame totem, or is that strictly with Incinerate?

Hope you can help, cheers.

If the rest of your items can support a shitty 6L, I would run that. On the 5L, you have to drop Faster Projectiles which reduces your clear speed significantly. If you have a really nice 5L, running Flame Totem for the time being is also reasonable as FT will still be quite strong, just not as fast as Incinerate. To that, drop Rain of Splinters if you are running Flame Totem as it does little to nothing to its clear speed compared to what we get for Incinerate.

"
I think Scion has by far the best version of this build for endgame after tinkering with the skilltree. Assuming you have atleast 7 jewels with ~39%+ damage. Also has the option to run conduit for group play. Being able to pay 3 6% or 8% damage nodes to get a 40%+ gem is better than any elemental damage nodes on the tree. Probably the worst tree for having bad jewels but the best tree if you have some good ones. Scion too op.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAecEswUtDjwUIBRNFHEWbxhWGJEaOBpVJKolvCcvKhMspy2oLlM1kjboNuk6UjrYOuE8LUGHSsRN41BHWOVZ81orXz9hIWZUZp5nm2hYaGVodGjybztyD3KpdO12rHgNe8OCB4KbgwmDX4PMhO-Fe4nYkFWUoJo7m12iAKPypleomqyqrj6xkLXytz631ryfvoDAGsBmxPbGrs9-02_VpteW2E3Yvdl82mLawdtP21nfv-DD4XPjauRR6hjsOO087w7wH_JF8pfz3fau9zL46_no-tL8S_4K_o8=

You're going to struggle with Dexterity and Intelligence with that tree but otherwise it looks solid. Assuming you can get strength/dmg/dmg on all your jewels, the end results should end up being about the same or possibly better on your tooltip as well. You do also end up having less armour, life, and projectile speed than my tree but, again, this can be made up with jewels. As you said, this tree might end up being better than mine but it is completely reliant on the jewels you have access to. All in all, kudos on the tree :)

"
awesomsauce!
Also forwhatever reason, if I felt I wanted to run with a shield, would I have to change anything at all in the build?
Also fyi I had massive problems with certain bosses on my other chars, with this one? It's almost too easy :D

Shields are perfectly reasonable for the build if you are currently struggling with resists. Eventually you will want to swap to your second Doon because it ends up eventually giving more armour than a shield ever will, not to mention having strength and cast speed on it. Glad you're enjoying the build!
How does Celestial Punishment works with the build? I am confused as it seems we dont get much burning damage since the ignite chance is low, and each hit is not that much?

Mind to share how it works in terms of mechanism?

Thanks
IGN: Linsfamily_ST

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info