Freezing Pulse

Thanks. Time to retire my FP guy I guess :-)
FiftyShadesOfBlade

35k with full 9charge shotgun

Last edited by kraekens on Feb 28, 2014, 6:44:29 AM
"
kraekens wrote:

35k with full 9charge shotgun

how do you deal with mana without mana leech? any suggestions? i have about 350 mana pool but i'm just not able to out regenerate my fp mana cost without mana leech, and i'm using a 5link with lmp, let alona a 6link with gmp :/

39k with full 8 power charge (3 x 13k on lmp)
IGN: Imoenpl, nieuczdziadajakcharchac
my first POEvid "Hybrid Wander and Atziri fight" http://youtu.be/0e-ffI2cOfY
Last edited by m_flower on Mar 25, 2014, 9:38:29 AM
I feel like the role of this spell and arctic breath need to swap with the addition of spell echo and the current use of freezing pulse in the game, with arctic breath becoming the ranged spell that is linked with GMP, faster casting, and spell echo (without crit), while freezing pulse should become even more of a specialized semi-melee, quazi single-target/limited AoE cone-style boss spell. These are the changes I would make:

1) remove the shotgun ability - damage from LMP/GMP no longer stacks
2) lower the range of the quality bonus from 3% to 1.5%
3) increase the local crit from 6% to 7.5% (it still can't come near the ranged crit of ice spear)
4) buff the spell crit% of the arcane potency cluster (increasing spell crit% by 15% except for the multiplier node to 40% spell crit and 45% spell crit/20% crit multiplier for arcane potency respectively) so Templars, including myself, are encouraged to actually use it - also it will enable some Templar casters to move down in the tree and allow them to compete with witches and shadows that use Void Battery and every power charge ((lets not make this unique the end-all, be-all for this spell) - also change Celestial Walker from 12% Elemental Damage/12% Elemental Resistance to Iron Will and move the 12% Elemental Resistance to Elementalist moving 6% there, 2% more to Faith and Steel (10%) and 4% more to Body and Soul (12%))
5) lower the cast time from 0.65 seconds to 0.60 seconds and give the spell 1% mana leech natively to offset the cost when in melee range giving casters an option for zero regen maps
6) Buff the damage of Added Cold Damage by 15%

Crunch the numbers and see how this spell can work in semi-melee range without the shotgun ability. The other thing that will be nice is that staff players will be encouraged to have multiple abilities to offset the advantage of dual wand or wand and shield. Generally for spells, there aren't many people that use single target abilities AND AoE abilities. The more abilities that you add in the game, the more the current existing abilities need to develop a narrower niche so that one ability isn't the best or only answer.
I need to test but my Idea is that if i convert cold to fire and use AA i can negate all reflect, remove life leech and blood magic and take major fire and cold nodes on the way. I could then use all 6l offensive setup.
freezing pulse is epileptic with high cast speed and projectile speed.
I dont have illness but i can feel strain on my eyes caused by fast bright flashing lights.

I'm having A LOT of fun on my LV88 Witch using Freezing Pulse (5L: FP+GMP+Echo+Faster Casting+Power Charge on Crit).

It's powerful, but not OP. Good work. :-)
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
Hi exiles !

I'm testing many support gems with my freezing pulse, but it's difficult to evaluate their efficiency as they are not at the same level :( ... maybe you could help me ?

As Freezing Pulse damage dissipates over distance, for me it's a close range spell. (I use ice spear for long range)

- So Point blank support seems very suitable but I see no build with it ... do you think it will work ?

- For the same reason Slower projectiles seems more damaging than faster projectiles ... why everyone is using faster projectiles ?

- I use Cold penetration but I rarely see it on the builds ... I wonder if it's a good idea .. I feel it increase damage output a lot against resistant boss, so what's wrong ?

- Seem that G.M.P deals more damage ("gunshot effect") than L.M.P (if we can affort it)
What if we use more tahn one G.M.P ? :))

- Spell Echo ou Faster casting ? ... or both ?

Uh ... so many questions :( .. the calculation seems so complicated, I prefer to ask you guys ;)

Many thanks for your help :)
Last edited by Heironimus on Nov 17, 2014, 9:16:59 AM
1. Point Blank's description explicitly mentions it only applies to Attacks; Spells are not Attacks.

2. Freezing Pulse projectiles have a lifespan measured in seconds. If the projectile flies faster, it covers more distance in that same lifespan - Faster Projectiles effectively increases the range on Freezing Pulse.

Additionally, FP features Damage drop-off: it progressively deals less Damage as it travels along. Higher projectile speed allows it to retain high Damage potential for a longer distance.

3. It depends on whether you are single-element or not. Entirely reliant on Cold Damage? Get Cold Pen. If you use Added Chaos and Apep's Rage instead, don't bother.

4. Support Gems of the same type never stack, the highest-level Gem will take effect.
(LMP gets you better Leech potential for slightly less Damage)

5. Spell Echo if your Increased Cast Speed is already decent, FC otherwise. Where that particular "breakpoint" lies, depends entirely on you. Both is also a funky option, but probably not worthwhile unless you have a six-link.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 17, 2014, 10:16:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info