Freezing Pulse

"An icy projectile which has a chance to freeze enemies it passes through. The projectile fades quickly, reducing damage and freezing chance until it dissipates completely."

I'm using freezing pulse for the first time and I freeze thing very rarely even from point blank, is there something to this mystical freeze chance?
IGN: Torrenz
Nemesis Shop: view-thread/634031
It will be freezing more, but not as often as it is in Blizzard games :) Keep using it ;)
Freeze duration is based on Damage dealt versus target's Max Life. You first need to succeed the Freeze roll, and then deal high enough damage to get a decent Freeze duration out of it.
Nurf multi strike, I see every melee using this... Nurf Lightning arrow, I see every Ranger using this... Nurf Auras, I see every class using these...
What is the best build for Freeze Pulse now?
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"

Cast on crit with dagger, am i right?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
I use a Witch with Clarity aura and FP/Power Charge on Crit/Multiple Projectiles/Faster Casting. I'm right at the end of Normal difficulty and put out about 1100 DPS with high crit chance. I don't think I've ever facerolled Normal this hard without Spectral Throw.
I am currently using this skill as my primary source of dps. I am fairly surprised at how well I am doing.

However, the current skill description is quite vague. The diminishing damage and freeze chance should be specifically stated, especially the freeze chance. Is this freeze chance in addition to the freeze on crit or does the crit chance decrease with range? Does this freeze chance ever
increase as the gem levels?

These sort of questions go through my head as I play this build. Please include a better skill description to address these.

Love the game! Much love!
I can't find any info on this despite a thorough search, so here goes.

Freezing Pulse damage dissipates over distance. This much is obvious, but...

Is this just the damage of the base freezing pulse, or does all the support gem damage diminish at the same rate? For example, if I have +100 added chaos damage, does that stay as +100 for the entire length of the pulse, or does its damage reduce at the same rate as freezing pulses base cold damage?

I'm guessing all support damage is reduced by the innate damage reduction with distance caused by the FP mechanics, but I just want to be sure.
FiftyShadesOfBlade
"
Freezing Pulse now scales all damage from support gems in the same way as
the main skill damage (Based on distance).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info