Freezing Pulse

Great spell, but it has collision issues in doorways.
IGN: DavidJerk
Hi, quick question about how this skill operates. If I'm understanding this right, Freezing Pulse expires over a set amount of time, and the closer it gets to its expiration period, the less damage it does. Because of this, faster projectile speed modifications allow the pulse to travel farther before expiring, and thus deal more damage at longer ranges.

My question is, how does increased duration affect this, if at all? If I'm getting this right, then wouldn't increased duration modifiers also allow it to do more damage at longer ranges, considering that it could simply stay alive longer before expiring?
You can't alter the duration in any way.
Bummer! Thanks.
So... I have an issue with this spell, passives % spell damage nodes in the skill tree don't work with it. However % spell damage on equipement work. This bug affect only this spell, this is really weird. Is intented or simply a bug ?
Does increased radius of area skills and increased area damage passive nodes affect freezing pulse?
Freezien
no
Skill needs some nerfing. This spell is so broken that any spellcasters don't even need to look twice on other spells/skills in the game. Hell, this is the premier skill for any class in the game. Large AOE, pierces, multiple projectiles that hits every targets, never misses, incredibly fast cast, and gem quality increases a large amount of projectile speed.

It needs either a slower cast speed, or make it a non projectile.
"
cownotme wrote:
Skill needs some nerfing. This spell is so broken that any spellcasters don't even need to look twice on other spells/skills in the game. Hell, this is the premier skill for any class in the game. Large AOE, pierces, multiple projectiles that hits every targets, never misses, incredibly fast cast, and gem quality increases a large amount of projectile speed.

The problem isn't that Freezing Pulse is too good, in fact it's pretty mediocre due to resists to Ice/Elemental that a lot of mobs have. The problem is the other spells are just worse than Freezing Pulse because of the way they work. This makes Freezing Pulse seem better than it actually is.

Let's take a look at the AoE spells for example. Ice Nova and Firestorm are two of the main AoE spells that a caster would consider. Ice Nova is good early game because you can literally tank anything, but gets worse as you progress into mid/late game because it is cast from your position. Firestorm is okay mid game, but it sucks early game. You need to level it up a lot if you expect to hit anything at all.

Even if we go into other single target spells like Arc and Fireball it's a better idea to take Freezing Pulse because of the way the two aforementioned spells work. Fireball's speed is quite slow (In terms of how fast the fireball appears and how fast the fireball moves) which limits the usefulness of it. Arc's damage range is terrible which makes it a poor choice to use in general. If you choose to use Arc then you're basically gambling with how much damage you'll do.

If the other skills get changed so they become more viable then I'm sure a lot of people will drop Freezing Pulse for something better. The fact that the other skills aren't viable because of they way they work means that people will continue to use Freezing Pulse regardless of whether it's nerfed or not.
"
cownotme wrote:

BUFF other skills then.

Not our fault we can't play lightning based witch because all lightning gems, spark, arc etc all SUCK.

If you nerf this skill just say goodbye to all cold/CI/Crit witches.

Plus this is the only skill australians can play due to lag.

You just cast and it hits everything in front of you. No targetting needed.

Buff other skills, stop NERFING!!
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info