Firestorm

"
Confusedd wrote:
I think they should remove the 20% damage effectiveness when you add a support gem like added chaos damage or added lightning damage.

Why they should do this? AFAIK it was like that before and firestorm was op. It's already really good only with conc. effect and increased duration. Than you can add fire penetration, buff cast speed a little with crit and this skill can compete with fire trap in overall aoe dps.
Firestorm is fine as it is now as far as i'm concerned. Using it with duration in conjunction with fire trap for maximum aoe and single target damage. Anyone who uses fire trap alone to kill targets probably hasn't made it past 80 or met the actual incline of it late game, you run out of traps fast.

Basically i just toss a firetrap and firestorm trap down and any mob is pretty much dead in a 6 group. I don't even have it supported by concentrated aoe yet, just firestorm, trap, and duration. Also just bought an enhance so i can give it 28% and eventually 36% quality.

I was also using it before the patch as well doing, all it takes is looking at whats there to find the right combination.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
"
Raghin wrote:
I don't even have it supported by concentrated aoe yet

It's a must. When I arrived in cruel, I got +1 level and concentrated effect, and my average hit almost doubled.
Btw, how much is your average tooltip dmg of the firestorm?
Mine is 600 on lvl 68 with lvl 17 gem.
Last edited by MCSMvsME on Jan 22, 2014, 3:40:44 PM
I was getting all into figuring out the best 6 link for this... then I got a lucky chrome bggrrr on my CI full crit firestormer and suddenly it turns out the best combo is cyclone coc ll duration empower firestorm. :p
I only had to regret 4 points..and it puts my old build to shame. not a single other melee/atk point other than the 4 to get Nightstalker at shadow. no acc, no dex, no evade.. doesn't matter. its insane.

every build ends in a CoC build doesn't it ...
I tested a lot and a firestorm caster's best friend to keep him alive is a flametotem with GMP, faster projectile and knockback!!!
Meelee mobs and bosses wanna attack it but cant reach it. They are caught in a certain spot and die to my stacked crit firestorm.
My survivability increased dramaticly since i use this combination.
Mobs just melt away and first dead mob gets detonated and burns everything else.

Question for devs:

Tooltip for Firestorm shows time between each fireball to the nearest 0.01s. If I were to add 1 quality to reduce the time by 0.001s, the tooltip doesn't change to reflect this. Can I confirm if this is merely a tooltip issue? Or does the game only shorten the time based on every 10% quality
"
The Increased Duration support gem duration bonus has been reduced from 50-83% (depending on level) to 45-64%. Its quality bonus has been halved.

Firestorm, Poison Arrow, Ice Shot, Arctic Armour, Arctic Breath, Curses and Smoke Mine have had their base duration increased by 10%.

My current duration: 2,94
After patch: 2,8
Little nerf.
Last edited by MCSMvsME on Jan 29, 2014, 11:07:34 AM
Firestorm feels ok now with GOOD gears in end game maps after the damage buff. Though I personally still feel that the skills does not have a good scaling capability, probably due to the nature of the skill: the fireballs are spreaded out, especially after the recent patch where the fireball landing area are significantly increased as well

And I just suddenly have this idea today about improving this skill’s scaling capability. The inspiration came from the interaction between projectile speed and rain of arrow, where the higher projectile speed the player has, the faster the arrow lands after shooting.

So I think a similar concept can be applied to firestorm to improve it’s scaling capability: Projectile damage applies to firestorm and projectile speed improves how frequent fireballs drop from the sky; since those “fireballs” look like projectile anyway. for example, The current firestorm’s frequency is 10 fireballs / sec, with 20% quality it becomes 12.5 fireballs / sec, and that can be treated as 25% increase “projectile speed”.

People may say that by this suggestion, firestorm will become too OP and just melts everything. that’s not quite true since we have anti-fast-cast/ attack mechanics called lightning thorn and corrupt blood in the game, it’s probably not smart to just brainlessly stack projectile speed on firestorm cuz once you cast one firestorm, u cannot simply stop all the subsequent fireballs and you will just instagib yourself if it’s a dangerous rare CB / lightning thorn mob. Though due to the abundance of projectile speed gears / mods in game, the base frequency of firestorm might need tweaking, also the quality bonus as well.
/forum/view-thread/869543 all my builds' compilation
Please PM me on forum to inform me if I won an auction. Thank you.
Last edited by abcnever on Jan 30, 2014, 11:14:24 AM
I mean, nugiyen is showing how awesome this skill is...
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info