Firestorm

Post your feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Nav_GGG on Aug 16, 2022, 6:53:35 PM
Last bumped on Aug 9, 2023, 5:58:59 PM
We're investigating now, we'll probably change the quality into something more valuable!

Edit: We're going to change it to reduce the delay between fire projectiles. This will provide some benefit with speed at first, and once your quality is high enough, will give you an extra projectile. It will also stack quite nicely with the Skill Duration support :D
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Dec 7, 2011, 8:53:42 PM
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
The damage hasn't changed for Firestorm at all - Number wise, we increased the damage by 400%, then added the 80% reduction to return it to normal. However, this will affect support gems - Any support gems will be doing 80% less damage per hit, rather than getting the full damage for each hit, bringing them on-par with most skills with supports. The skill was never designed to be best at level 1!
Balance & Design
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
"
Asmosis wrote:
Does "Increased radius of are skills" increase both the area in which fireballs can fall and the impact area of each fireball
Yes
"
BobRt wrote:
Probably a stupid question, but could someone clarify something for me... the stated dmg on my Firestorm spell says 110-165... yet when I hover over the spell on my hotkey bar, the dmg is signif. lower (91-120)..

does this have something to do w/different fireballs doing different damage rolls?
I'm confused - the "listed damage on the Firestorm spell" is what you see on the skill bar, so I'm not sure what you're referring to with the first part.\
If you meant the listed damage on the gem, that's the base damage before any modifiers are applied - in particular, you should not that the firestorm gem has "Damage Effectiveness: 20%" - meaning the spell does 20% of it's base damage - this prevents sources of added base damage from being broken with the spell.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
i noticed something unique when using trap and mine support gems.

i've stacked 3 or 5 firstorms respectively of support in one spot, all firestorms have exact same "random" spread of bolts when triggered.

i consider it a bug that can be a featur. while i prefer all firestorms to be random (they are not so that is why i call it a bug), the current happening is more along lines of a common user's intentions of damage stacking because all 3 or 5 are hitting at once to multiply damage.
Thanks for the report! I'm pretty sure I know why this will occur with traps, and I've made a note to find a fix when I can.
"
MacJack wrote:
Currently, if you use passive skills that boost your AoE then you have almost no use of this skill, as the number of projectiles stays constant and theres even less chance to hit an enemy.
The area of each projectile's explosion is increased as well, keeping chance to hit a particular enemy the same.
"
BRavich wrote:
I havent been able to figure out what quality does for this gem. Anyone know?
small reduction in the delay between each fireball

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info