Firestorm

Post your feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Nav_GGG on Aug 16, 2022, 6:53:35 PM
Last bumped on Aug 9, 2023, 5:58:59 PM
I played Skyrim the entire 9.3 patch so maybe someone has already mentioned these but I'll just share my 2 cents anyway :)

Firestorm seems kinda letdown, I played cold and lightning sandwitches pre-9.3 and compared to ice / shock nova or even freezing pulse which isn't counted as "aoe" firestorm feels slow and awkward.

The animation of you stopping, casting it into the sky and the fireballs dropping feels like it takes a long time when you have pack of archers turning you into a hedgehog. While both novas and freezing pulse do the same job but so much faster.

Also the fact that where it actually even hits in it's area is RNG doesn't give me the warm tingling feeling of "step back fireball, it's time for big guns!". I had a small pack of 4 archers, did firestorm and it only hit 2 of them, when fireball hit 3 (again novas and pulse would've hit all 4 and faster) :(

I like the idea and graphics of the spell, it's just the execution that imho needs bit more oomf.

Oomf could be something humble like the sky opening, black winged harbingers of doom & destruction flying down, shedding tears on the mobs while screaming "woe unto thee mortals, for firestorm has been casted upon thee" and then massive infernal chaos flamed balls of magma would literally rain death from the sky barely leaving even any loot on the ground. It should feel like a shadow planetkiller from Babylon-5, surely you've seen the series.

Anyways, just my 2 cents :)
Whore Queen of Babylon
Despite having a kinda random attack, i've used it efficiently to kill high hp/regen rare monsters and bosses by using crit chance, crit damage, and added lightning or duration support gems.

It's not efficient for killing packs of enemies tho, even a low damage Ice Nova is better for that..
Is the +%quality = +% duration for firestorm ever supposed to reach a breakpoint to get another meteor (per .3sec)? 20% of 1.2 seconds is .288 which seems to fall short of ever reaching the .3 second breakpoint.

I only have a 0% and a 10% firestorm gem, and the 10% does not grant an extra meteor. Maybe when combined with a +duration support the 10% quality will reach a meteor threshhold, but the skill tip duration doesn't reflect the extra duration. It shows 2.0seconds for both the 0% and the 10%.

The duration support gem is currently at 66%.

Both 0% drop 5 meteors, both supported drop 8 meteors.

I'm not seeing the effect from the +%10 quality. Could someone please check this. Thanks.
"
indczn wrote:
Is the +%quality = +% duration for firestorm ever supposed to reach a breakpoint to get another meteor (per .3sec)? 20% of 1.2 seconds is .288 which seems to fall short of ever reaching the .3 second breakpoint.

I only have a 0% and a 10% firestorm gem, and the 10% does not grant an extra meteor. Maybe when combined with a +duration support the 10% quality will reach a meteor threshhold, but the skill tip duration doesn't reflect the extra duration. It shows 2.0seconds for both the 0% and the 10%.

The duration support gem is currently at 66%.

Both 0% drop 5 meteors, both supported drop 8 meteors.

I'm not seeing the effect from the +%10 quality. Could someone please check this. Thanks.

To clarify, +%duration from +%quality on firestorm does not appear ever improve the skill, as it never reaches the .3second duration threshhold.
"
indczn wrote:

To clarify, +%duration from +%quality on firestorm does not appear ever improve the skill, as it never reaches the .3second duration threshhold.

id like to hear about this too, maybe it has been discussed before but as of now i am a bit confused oh how +%quality helps at all?
~SotW HC Guild~

We're investigating now, we'll probably change the quality into something more valuable!

Edit: We're going to change it to reduce the delay between fire projectiles. This will provide some benefit with speed at first, and once your quality is high enough, will give you an extra projectile. It will also stack quite nicely with the Skill Duration support :D
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Dec 7, 2011, 8:53:42 PM
"
Rory wrote:
We're investigating now, we'll probably change the quality into something more valuable - We're investigating now!

Ok Thanks, Rory.
Any info on whenever the base skill itself is getting any changes to become competitive with other AoE?
Here is my opinion :

Because of this skill i decided to make a firewitch after 93,i was cold before,i'am lv 52 now.So i went for all fire passive ect.

I have a quality fireball/firestorm + ignite for both and concentrate effect for firestorm

All i have to say is that the damage is way too low, its simple ,i dont use it at all, fireball is much more powerfull.

imo the damage should be 2x and the casting or speed of projectile faster.

I know we can add support gems but problem is that it is so much underpowered that we'll need like 4 support just to make it viable xD

i still havn't seen a firewitch kicking ass, instead i played with a lv 53 coldwitch, the dude was poping 4 icespear oneshotting alsmot everything with its higher crit chance.

I definietly think that you guys are aware about all this and that more fireskills need to be added ,like a firearmor for exemple :).

Anyway thats just my opinion sorry for writting too much
Thanks for reading and no prob we are patient ^^

Current exiles under command :

Snoop Lv 73 cold witch Normal
Razagaal Lv 63 Fire summoner witch legacy
Daggoth Lv 50 AoF summoner Templar legacy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info