Firestorm

0.9.5 feedback below this post

So far I'm liking 9.6 firestorm a lot more than 9.4.
Yeah, it's more fun to use and see. Gets really cool with increased duration and fast cast, fire everywhere.
Yeah, much better. Hopefully +AoE will not make it so projectiless miss a ton at high values, testing it out now.

Obviously, +flat damage supports need to be heavily modified for this skill, but Chris says you are working on it.
i have a summoner fire witch lv 5x and this
Unavailable

Firestorm is in middle way between a "real" AoE skill like shock wave, and a normal skill like firebolt
The damage isn't very high comparing to other lightning/cold AoE even after .95.

Why not try giving like 7-9% critic.

To resume my current opinion,if i get a multiprojectile for my fireball, i'll definetly drop Firestorm
Current exiles under command :

Snoop Lv 73 cold witch Normal
Razagaal Lv 63 Fire summoner witch legacy
Daggoth Lv 50 AoF summoner Templar legacy
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
9% quality and the balls fall every 0.14 instead of 0.15?

/edit

Got a 7% quality myself so yep it's offical - Firestorm has the worst quality upgrade ever

The 7-9% crit suggested could be nice I guess, especially for builds focusing on burn damage. But yeah, Fireball with Multi Projectiles beats Storm all day every day.
Last edited by AvonBarksdale on Dec 26, 2011, 6:27:54 AM
I think the duration should be a lot longer, like 4-8 seconds. That way you can cast it on stationary enemies, like range and they might die from it after 6 seconds or so. It would make the spell more unique.
"
AvonBarksdale wrote:
9% quality and the balls fall every 0.14 instead of 0.15?

/edit

Got a 7% quality myself so yep it's offical - Firestorm has the worst quality upgrade ever

The 7-9% crit suggested could be nice I guess, especially for builds focusing on burn damage. But yeah, Fireball with Multi Projectiles beats Storm all day every day.

I would assume 20% quality reduces it to one fireball per 0.12 seconds instead of 0.15. that is actually 25% total dps boost compared to 0% quality because you fire 10 fireballs instead of 8.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
Definitely needs a nerf with pure damage increase support gems, as previously mentioned.
The flat damage support gems will always be better on faster hitting skills like Firestorm. Only way to really fix it is to make them add an extra % of the spell damage as their damage type, similar to Added Fire Damage but using spell damage instead of weapon damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info