Firestorm

note on vaal storm call - ALWAYS use it with spell echo. it is simply crazy good with it
"
sidtherat wrote:
note on vaal storm call - ALWAYS use it with spell echo. it is simply crazy good with it
that might go without saying =p. however the first will "shorten" the second cast's duration due to how storm call in general works, detonating all markers.

additionally, an "ok" link setup: firestorm, VSC, echo, increased duration. cast VSC -> firestorm (or two), enjoy silliness.
Looks like we got another firestorm buff with new duration nodes. Also I hope sound and fps drop bugs will be fixed someday. Because it is really anoying on bosses when you need 100% concentration.

Sad that GGG testers don't try out firestorm with 2 sec+ duration and ridicilous 2,5-3 casts per second. It's really ruining any PC.
Last edited by MCSMvsME on Aug 17, 2014, 5:03:41 AM
both duration node groups +90%, lv 16 inc dur support +60%, 1.3 firestorm duration (the current, don't know if changed) 1.3 seconds base, 1.3 *2.5 = 3.25 = 32 bolts of hilarity.
Should I forget about this skill if I play POE on ultra LOW settings?
No. On ultra low settings this skill doesn't have many more particles than a lot of other ones. You should be fine.
any chance for a revamp of this spell.

feels like this is inferior to almost all other fire spells in the game due to the random nature of the fireballs dropping (not guaranteeing a hit on monsters), and with the nerf of CoC even more so.

it can be argued it is made purely for aoe purpose, but ignite+elemental prolif on say fire trap or flameblast is pretty much the best and (far superior to firestorm) in terms of spreading area damage. plus they are extremly good for single targets as well, which is lacking for firestorm.

basically
firestorm is too random in damage distribution, only good for aoe
even then unless u have a crazy amount of cast speed, duration and quality it can be infuriating to see only a few fireball hits out of so many casts.

spells like firetrap and flameblast do the job much better and reliable with ignite+prolif
plus they can do single targets as well.
"

feels like this is inferior to almost all other fire spells in the game due to the random nature of the fireballs dropping (not guaranteeing a hit on monsters), and with the nerf of CoC even more so.

it can be argued it is made purely for aoe purpose, but ignite+elemental prolif on say fire trap or flameblast is pretty much the best and (far superior to firestorm) in terms of spreading area damage. plus they are extremly good for single targets as well, which is lacking for firestorm.

basically
even then unless u have a crazy amount of cast speed, duration and quality it can be infuriating to see only a few fireball hits out of so many casts.

spells like firetrap and flameblast do the job much better and reliable with ignite+prolif

I generally recommend against taking any kind of increased area of effect passives with Firestorm, because increasing its area also increases the distance between each bolt, making it a bit less reliable. However, at its default AOE, it's quite a trusty skill for hammering down groups of weaker enemies. With Concentrated Effect, you can focus to the storm on a single target and hit with nearly every fireball, dealing some pretty absurd damage, especially with increased duration, faster casting, and spell echo. Phwoar.
"
Zazulio wrote:
"

basically

I generally recommend against taking any kind of increased area of effect passives with Firestorm, because increasing its area also increases the distance between each bolt, making it a bit less reliable. However, at its default AOE, it's quite a trusty skill for hammering down groups of weaker enemies. With Concentrated Effect, you can focus to the storm on a single target and hit with nearly every fireball, dealing some pretty absurd damage, especially with increased duration, faster casting, and spell echo. Phwoar.

nope. i did not take a SINGLE aoe node. only conc effect. and it still suck for either single target or aoe.

the thread is fawning over how the increased duration buffs firestorm but it doesn't actually buff the dps of the spell per se. the problem is that the fireballs have random trajectories, so unless u have insane quality or cast speed(aka coc), u cannot guarantee a decent amount of fireball will hit the enemies in a pack all the time. it is infuriating to cast firestorm over firestorm on a small mob and see barely any fireballs hit an enemy until many casts later. and this is with 0 aoe nodes/area dmg and with conc effect.

swap firestorm for any other aoe spell and i can clear faster because i dont wait for the silly rng projectiles to finally hit an enemy. heck even ice nova is better than firestorm now for aoe purpose.
I guess we'll just have to disagree, then, because I have no issues with Firestorm failing to hit enemies, especially now that spell echo lets me simultaneously place two at the same spot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info