Firestorm

so all in all its still ass

whenever i group up with someone i just run around watching the other players kill everying before the fireballs even hit the ground.

i got a 5 link searing touch and i link it with Conc.E, faster casting, life leech and power charge on crit.
got 49% crit chance while having 5 charges.

need those crits to keep me alive, because the life leech is way to low IMO.
And the mana hunger is still waaaay to high.
I was running a firestorm character before this 'buff' and I honestly feel like the 39% increased area only hurt the spell.

Fireball was just straight up buffed, and fireball+elemental proliferation+burn damage,etc was ALREADY a more powerful AoE than firestorm and they only made it better so trying to make firestorm more AoE focused was not a good idea.

The niche firestorm had was being able to stack multiple casts and do a ton of ramp up damage so it was awesome for single targets and bosses assuming they would sit still and assuming that you had concentrated effect.

I can't help but feel as though if the RNG gods aren't in my favor my single target dps has actually gone down.

They should leave in the 35% damage buff because that was desperately needed but remove the 39% increased area of effect. It makes the skill feel worse to use because now you're missing targets more often.

Or maybe they should just greatly increase the 'blast radius' of the fireballs once they hit the ground.
i'm going to be stupid and ask for a single point increase in the blast of bolts' radius. not necessarily due to the complaining but because its a nice number. =p 10 vs 9

before anyone tries to math out what AoE size boosts do to the previous poster's maths, it doesn't change due to ratios. they could've also removed pi from thier equation due to that they "cancel out".

a reasonable inc AoE is 40% (via just passives and not all of them) or the maxium 135% (two Divinarius daggers plus carcass jack, 20 q lv 20 inc AoE support, all passives).
A normal Firestorm runs 1,2 seconds and drops fireballs every 0,1 seconds.
-> 12 Fireballs

My q20 Firestorm with increased Duration Gem + Passives below Scion runs over 2,7 seconds and drops fireballs every 0,8 seconds
-> 34 Fireballs

Nearly tripple dmg if you invest 1 skillgem and 3 passive nodes (that as well buff my Molten Shell to 22,5 sec and make Immortal Call longer as well)

In my experience investing into Templar+Witch AoE nodes for +40% radius and then using Concentrated Effect results in a Area that is big enough for AoE-farming as well hitting Bosses with a lot of the Fireballs.

I can facetank well in maps while the incredible dps of multiple stacked Firestorms leech me to full life constantly.

Using my two 5L Searing Touchs and comparing it to all other Firespells in different setups this is by far my favourite.

Better AoE and movability than Incinerate GMP, more lifeleech than Firetrap, better AoE and dps than Fireball (both direct-dmg-LMP/GMP/Chain/Fork or Prolif-Burn setups), more consistent leech and less reflect problems than Flame Blast.

I even used it with Firestorm-Culling-IIR-IIQ plus one of the following Blind/Spelltotem/Faster casting/AoE when a group asked for an mf player. Of course the dmg then is low as well as the leech but the many small hits provide great culling!

As Bonus: Arctic Armor lvl 11 + 75% Fireresistance makes me (nearly) immune to Ele reflect.
avg 1000dmg per fireball -> 180dmg reflected -> 45dmg after resist - 43dmg from lvl 11 AA...

I run a dual elemental curse on dmg taken lvl 4 to increase the dmg.

5L Setup: Firestorm + Lifeleech + Conz Effect (66% More dmg) + Fire Pen (34%+ More dmg) + Inc. Duration (80% More dmg). Those nice more-modifiers that multiply dont get many spells. Not using my 20/20 faster casting hurts, but this setup i use proved to be the best.

All in all i like this Spell and think its in a good position!
http://i.imgur.com/TF8Auam.jpg
Last edited by Almornik on Dec 28, 2013, 5:32:26 PM
Anyone using firestorm with enhance? Looks like it's the best support gem, but sadly only potentialy.
"
MCSMvsME wrote:
Anyone using firestorm with enhance? Looks like it's the best support gem, but sadly only potentialy.
yup numbers are funny although i'm too lazy to fix the post
Planning to use it with Enhance aswell :)
Firestorm + Concentrated Effect/Enhance/Empower(Faster Casting/Increased Duration/Fire Penetration)
Will need to make a choice though about the last ones though (some life regen with AA/MoM should be enough sustain wise since reflect is a non issue)
Got +45% skill duration through tree so Increased Duration might not be the choice (the 3 listed in parenthesis should provide the same amount of DPS increase, about 30%, same for Empower)
Plan is to use a +1/+2 staff along with Kaoms :)

Should provide way more DPS than any other skill actually, Discharge excluded, depending on how many firebolts can hit a single monster per second.
Expecting 13% bolts/ennemy (25 Firestorm radius/9 firebolt radius), should be able to reach way more than 50K AoE DPS with such a 6L staff with some spell damage (true AoE unlike FP/Fireball) without any crit'.

Flameblast or Incinerate can have potentially more DPS but requires you to stand still, which isn't ideal.
Fireball isn't a true AoE.

Edit: in a +1 item, Enhance provides 24% quality at max level. With a 20% Firestorm, one bolt falls every 0.056s, from one every 0.08s without Enhance. Great DPS increase.
Last edited by Iyacthu on Jan 13, 2014, 5:36:03 AM
"
Iyacthu wrote:
Edit: in a +1 item, Enhance provides 24% quality at max level. With a 20% Firestorm, one bolt falls every 0.056s, from one every 0.08s without Enhance. Great DPS increase.

I'm wondering where you can get +1 lvl? It's a staff?
Last edited by MCSMvsME on Jan 13, 2014, 11:30:39 AM
It's a staff.
I think they should remove the 20% damage effectiveness when you add a support gem like added chaos damage or added lightning damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info