*-*[2.2 PHC] Dual Wield Molten Claw Striker -T15 Twin Tank -225K Shotgun - 78%/78% block -Budget*-*

I'm using Lightning Strike + PPAD + Multistrike + WED + Added Fire at the moment. I would have to recolor my chest to use Chain. What do you think are the best supports for Ligthning Strike, dps-wise?
Imo pretty much depends on if you use a quility LS or not.
With the 40% pierce chance a 20% one should give you chain is pretty much useless imo.

Edit: Running up to T10 seems to be no Problem, now i am back to T7 again.
However, Facetanking Shock and Horror does still not work :D
Last edited by Necrol on Jan 2, 2016, 6:06:35 AM
Edit: nvm, I saw you answered my question about frost blades earlier

Is using lightning strike slightly more defensive since life gain on hit is instant, since you don't have to wait for the molten strike projectiles to go up and come down?
Last edited by LadyLoriana on Jan 3, 2016, 4:12:09 AM
I am absolutely loving this build. After playing POE for over 2 years, I have never had a character that felt so indestructible (even though I do die occasionally). I love being able to whirling blade into groups of 30 or more and just mow them down. It's amazing how quickly my health pool fills while fighting. My biggest nemesis is clouds of chaos/poison that I cannot see due to all the activity on the screen.

I have made a few changes to the original idea that are working for me:

My second CWDT is linked to a lvl 7 Poachers Mark, so between that and the PM linked to Whirling blades, I almost always have it up (sometimes I am lazy and just facetank things rather than whirl around).

I haven't found Vaal Grace, but I use Vaal Haste, which is great against bosses.

I do not use Arctic armor and am fine without it.

I use Hatred and Herald of Ice

I have a Flame Golem as a companion.

My biggest problem while levelling was getting enough intelligence to use the abilities, but eventually that disappears.

Spirit void (and Mana flows) provides enough mana for me to just hold down the attack button and never worry about running out.

Hopefully in a few more days I'll be able to 5 link my Queen of the Forest and get just a little bit better.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBAF4DhwUtBWYFtQguCVgMcw2NES8UdRXsFr8ZjhutIWAj9iaVMHEwfDXvNj06QkCgQzFEnkd-Sn1LeEz_TZJOKlFHU7tVS1uvXkVei2BBYeJirGNwZU1sjG5pdO11y3X9eu99dYFBg72Eb4TZh3aK8Iw2jX2Nfo2_kvOVZp2qo4qkwrCrsbO0xbVIuR29Nr6nv9XBi8LsxILNmNN-0_zUI9RC1fjWWNun3ajd5-Cf4tXjn-lG6mLrY-1B7YPuDvrr_MU=?accountName=npokorny&characterName=Chronick

Again, great build and tons of fun to play.
"
npokorny wrote:

My second CWDT is linked to a lvl 7 Poachers Mark, so between that and the PM linked to Whirling blades, I almost always have it up (sometimes I am lazy and just facetank things rather than whirl around).

Do yourself a favor and start using Blasphemy + Poacher's Mark. It is a huge quality of life gain. Poacher's Mark get a lot stronger by levelling. You'll have to drop a herald for that, but the dps loss is negligible.

"
npokorny wrote:

Spirit void (and Mana flows) provides enough mana for me to just hold down the attack button and never worry about running out.

Just Spirit Void is enough, as long as you have your Whirling Blades linked to Blood Magic, which you should. You can respec out of Mana Flows and use the skill points elsewhere.

"
npokorny wrote:

Hopefully in a few more days I'll be able to 5 link my Queen of the Forest and get just a little bit better.

I'm considering using Daresso's Defiance as an endgame chest, instead of Queen of the Forest, because getting 3 off-colours is expensive and the extra dodge from Daresso is very nice, without mentioning the free endurance charge generation, which lets you drop EC.
Thanks for the tip, I can confirm that hatred + blasphemy + poacher's mark solves my mana issues with my 5L. Whirling blades + blood magic + fortify works great too. Going to spirit void instead of blood magic saves a few points.
Last edited by LadyLoriana on Jan 4, 2016, 10:14:23 PM
Currently playing this build in THC.

One thing that I'm not certain about is using Blasphemy+Enfeeble versus running AA.
Enfeeble gives me a minimum of 25% dmg reduction across the board, but I dunno how it'll compare to AA.
Crawling through the Leagues, as usual.
I'm running CWDT - artic breath - LMP, the arctic breath casts but it only targets one monster, the LMP effect doesn't look like it's happening. Any idea what's up?
Could you upgrade both Essentia Sanguis into a better claw, or is the Essentia Sanguis necessary for this build?
"
Tessae wrote:
Currently playing this build in THC.

One thing that I'm not certain about is using Blasphemy+Enfeeble versus running AA.
Enfeeble gives me a minimum of 25% dmg reduction across the board, but I dunno how it'll compare to AA.

I prefer cwdt + enfeeble because it does not reserve mana. In the middle of a pack it pretty much has a 100% chance to trigger and last 10 seconds.

"
LadyLoriana wrote:
Could you upgrade both Essentia Sanguis into a better claw, or is the Essentia Sanguis necessary for this build?

You could upgrade the claws to improve your dps, however it's hard to find 300 pdps life gain on hit claws with 1.85+ attacks per second for cheap. Also you would lose out on ~11.5% block chance.

About your other question about cwdt/lmp/arctic breath that is weird because I think supports for cwdt can be leveled above the cwdt level limits which only apply to the spell being casted, did you try a level one lmp? Also you should use GMP as arctic breath is mainly used for the chilled ground

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info