*-*[2.2 PHC] Dual Wield Molten Claw Striker -T15 Twin Tank -225K Shotgun - 78%/78% block -Budget*-*

I would like to use your build on my level 53 duelist that has a respec available, but for Cruel Act 2, I helped Oak. Is it bad that i did not pick the attack speed? Will the build be ok still?
"
Braxxus wrote:
I would like to use your build on my level 53 duelist that has a respec available, but for Cruel Act 2, I helped Oak. Is it bad that i did not pick the attack speed? Will the build be ok still?

Consider you just picked not optimal node, that's all. It isnt a big deal really, for example, i prefer to take skill point there, for more versatility.

Did you end up using blood magic at all while leveling? How's it going now?[/quote]
You dont need it actually. Just drink flasks up to level 36 (or use Elreon's jewelry), then equip 1-2 Double Claw and forget about mana issues completely.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Aug 4, 2015, 1:45:41 AM
"
link1313 wrote:

Thats awesome man, glad to hear you are loving it. You are leveling quick too.

Both CWDT gems are at level 3 and the casted skills are at or below level 42 requirement.

I found using one granite flask helps too, granite flask makes armour go from 20 to 40% where another jade flask takes evade from 50% to 65%.

Did you end up using blood magic at all while leveling? How's it going now?

I'm lvl 75 atm, didn't level much yesterday afternoon/evening, slacking abit :).

My current defence stats:
Evasion rating: 11546
Chance to evade: 54%
Chance to dodge attacks: 40%
Chance to dodge spells: 46%
Fire res: 75%
Lightning res: 76%
Cold res: 75%
Chance to Block: 32%

With 3 frenzy charges, auras and Blood rage I have about 8.5 APS and 13 348 DPS.

Never used BM when I lvled used a elron ring and constant potting until I could use Atziri's foible and 1 jewel, also took Mana Flows passive as early as I could, with those combined no more mana problems ^^

after 230 chroms =((
"
haidoan wrote:

after 230 chroms =((

I know the feeling bro, took me about 450 chroms to get it right :P was lucky that it got right on my last 25 chroms xD

but I changed my build to crit reaver for a few reasons, and will change back to molten claw strike in awhile, took about 25 regrets to change and 20 refund points or what it was I had, love this build tho so will change back to it in one maybe or 2 weeks, so just a momentairly change :)
I just wanted to say you must not have done much research into LMP/GMP and your build They add a maximum of only 20% damage, whereas using a Conc Effect and adding a Carcass Jack (for AoE increase) or something alike that will actually commit to you more shotguns than you currently sustain. GMP/LMP is much less damage compared to Conc Effect. I have done in depth research into Molten Strike since its creation, and your build could be stronger.

Especially since you use Point Blank, since Conc Effect will force Point Blanks 50% More Damage 80% of the time rather than only 30-50%
Last edited by Morridin1337 on Aug 5, 2015, 1:07:05 PM
"
Morridin1337 wrote:
I just wanted to say you must not have done much research into LMP/GMP and your build They add a maximum of only 20% damage, whereas using a Conc Effect and adding a Carcass Jack (for AoE increase) or something alike that will actually commit to you more shotguns than you currently sustain. GMP/LMP is much less damage compared to Conc Effect. I have done in depth research into Molten Strike since its creation, and your build could be stronger.

Especially since you use Point Blank, since Conc Effect will force Point Blanks 50% More Damage 80% of the time rather than only 30-50%

GMP is used because of its insane interaction with Life Gaines per enemy hit. It's not just DPS, it's "life leech substitute" too. And Concentrated Effect decreases you AoE, which is good versus bosses, but really bad versus packs.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Aug 6, 2015, 1:09:59 AM
"
haidoan wrote:

after 230 chroms =((

I know I hated recommending 3 off colour armour but until we can afford a lightning coil it's easily the cheapest option available. I used vorici's 285 chrome recipe to get the colours I needed (which is equivalent to ~15 chaos at current rates). You can use faster attacks for 5l if all else fails.

"
Nyraya wrote:
"
haidoan wrote:

after 230 chroms =((

I know the feeling bro, took me about 450 chroms to get it right :P was lucky that it got right on my last 25 chroms xD

but I changed my build to crit reaver for a few reasons, and will change back to molten claw strike in awhile, took about 25 regrets to change and 20 refund points or what it was I had, love this build tho so will change back to it in one maybe or 2 weeks, so just a momentairly change :)

That's cool reave is really good this patch, let me know which one you went with and which you prefer I like your feedback.

"
Morridin1337 wrote:

Can you possibly give me you math of the only 20% added damage of GMP? I tested it vs physical projectile attack damage against Dominus. GMP killed the boss almost 30% faster than a gem that adds 50% more damage. I think we are experiencing different results.

I did not like concentrated effect, I tested myself with a massive shrine. AOE on molten strike works with two AOE aspects of the skill:
1) increases / decreases how far the projectile travels from the character - conc effect works well because it makes point blank go from 43% more damage to 50% more damage plus explosions hit closer to target for greater chance of shotgun.
2) increases / decreases the radius of the explosion - conc effect does not work well because it reduces the chance of the explosion overlapping despite falling closer to the target.

I went to Google and found many people were complaining about conc effect feeling like I was not adding any damage and I think '2)' is the reason, it does not feel good to use at all, especially against trash mobs.

Also, carcass jack is not a good choice because the build requires 3 red, 2 green which is extremely hard on an evasion/energy shield armour.
Last edited by link1313 on Aug 6, 2015, 1:15:49 AM
I am only level 54 atm and I dish out pretty good damage for my current gear. No mana issues at all. Going to need to start spending points on the health nodes now. I feel like a glass canon atm. Thanks for the build! This is a really fun Duelist build that I can be done on a budget. Love it! Thanks again.
Started this, so far so good but still too early to give some proper feedback.

What I noticed:

you can level your support-gems@cwdt all the way up to 20, they're not affected by the m.lvl req., i.e. gmp or inc. aoe, stuff like that
Last edited by Itches on Aug 6, 2015, 2:48:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info