*-*[2.2 PHC] Dual Wield Molten Claw Striker -T15 Twin Tank -225K Shotgun - 78%/78% block -Budget*-*

First of all I really love this build and it has gotten me to lvl 61 on Talisman HC so far, my first character on HC ever to reach Merciless! So thank you so much, I have really enjoyed this build so far, also experimenting with the other skills (Lightning Strike, Wild Strike, Frost Blades) has been fun. I just killed Merc Brutus in about 2 seconds and barely took any damage so this is a really fun and nice build.

Now, I have a question:
I'm currently using the setup below, as you can see my chest is 4R2G so I'm using Iron Grip as the 6th link for the moment. I do not have the Iron Grip passive in my tree as I chose to combine 2 dual claw builds for this build and am heading towards Scion's wheel of Life and Marauder's defensive bonuses to be able to finish Merc on THC and start mapping with decent Life and other defenses.

Is Iron Grip as 6th link a decent substitute for Increased AOE (especially since I lack the passive keystone), or is it worth attempting to recolor my chest to get that blue socket to replace the Iron Grip gem with Increased AOE? I did notice a massive projectile DPS increase once with the Iron Grip gem, so I am wondering... Do I use my refund passive points to still get the Iron Grip keystone and roll for 3R2G1B so I can use Inc. AOE or should I keep up with my current tree and head for the extra life and armor nodes?

Also any tips on my tree/gear are welcome (don't mind some gems in there, I am leveling them for other builds especially in the weapons I know they suck).

Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAF4B3AOHBS0FZgguCVgMcw2NFHUV7BmOG60hYCP2LlNDMUSeR35KfUz_TZJOKlO7W69fP2BBY3BlTW5pdO11y3fjeWh67311hNmHdorwjX2NfpAKlWajiqTCqW6xs7kdu-O9Nr6nv9XBBMGLxILEosqQzZjTb9N-0_zV-NZY2sHbp-Cf45_pRupi7YPuDvzF_ro=

My 6L Chest:

Other gear:
Spoiler

Last edited by EuphoricLife on Feb 9, 2016, 3:31:55 AM
So this build very much works in 2.2
It's kind of silly how fast you move around maps. Ascendancy tree is Gladiator.

There's a lot of different ways you can go about modifying this tree (more crit, more charges, more life, etc.). It's really up to personal preference and budget once you get the core block / evade / damage nodes.

I'm currently not running out of mana at 10 aps but I do have some mana leach on my gear. Taking 1-2 mana leach nodes just above iron reflexes will fix any additional mana problems.

Currently doing lvl 6-7 maps with < 10 chaos of purchased gear with little to no problems. Can facetank most bosses with evasion + dodge flasks running.

Updated tree for 2.2. It's not quite the same as the OP but it's close.
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAQBeAx4DhwUtBbUILglYDHMNjQ5DES8UdRXsFr8ZjhutH0EhYCP2JJ0mlS5TMHEwfDXvNj031DndOkI67T0AQzFD50SeSn1LeEz_TZJOKlFHU7tVS1uvXkVei2BBYeJiWmKsY3BlTWyMbNh07XXLdf19dYFBgZuDvYRvhO-HdorwjDaNfY1-jb-S85VmnaqjiqTCpn-wq7GztMW1SLkdu-O9Nr54vqe_1cGLwuzEgsSizV_NmNNv037T_NQj1ELawdun3ajd5-Of6mLrY-0_7UHtg-4O-uv8xf66
Last edited by Endactam on Mar 8, 2016, 7:21:17 PM
i ran this build in tali, for me it was the best build i've played - tanky and lots of dps :p

having said this i bought some op claw for 8ex early league, it is still recommended though because those unique claws drop in price so quick since no one does claw builds really

thanks for the guide :D
thanks for the build buddy. i am running this on perandus and dont know the exact tree but its so good to face tank every thing while leveling with selffound tresh. nice job.
updated for hardcore perandus league and 2.2 ascendancy
added hardcore T15 twinned kaom facetank video.
Currently playing facebreaker cyclone in PHC.

How far does your life go down while engaging mobs, before LGOH kicks in from molten shots? Any close calls?

The enchantment from helm is huge. Does this build suffer without it? I might try this build without buying such a specific item.

Interesting choices you made:

1. Why not Champion class? You save a link on your armor from taking off fortify. Also, why run fortify on main link if it is on whirling blade set up already?

2. Why enfeeble instead of warlock's mark? You can get enduring charge for immortal call and mana leech. Unless, you had other ways to get enduring charge and +2 mana gain on hit from jewel was enough?
"
liutianmu wrote:
Currently playing facebreaker cyclone in PHC.

How far does your life go down while engaging mobs, before LGOH kicks in from molten shots? Any close calls?

The enchantment from helm is huge. Does this build suffer without it? I might try this build without buying such a specific item.

Interesting choices you made:

1. Why not Champion class? You save a link on your armor from taking off fortify. Also, why run fortify on main link if it is on whirling blade set up already?

2. Why enfeeble instead of warlock's mark? You can get enduring charge for immortal call and mana leech. Unless, you had other ways to get enduring charge and +2 mana gain on hit from jewel was enough?

LGOH is instant, no close calls as of yet.

The build suffers a bit without Helmet enchantment, I'd recommend replacing PPAD with GMP if you don have th helmet.

It's personal preference to have fortify on main skill, the likely death in hardcore would occur when you whirl into a strong monster and forget to reset fortify by whirling again.

Gladiator node let's us get endurance charges on kill with offhand and life gain on hit from claw implicit is enough life sustain so no need for warlords mark
Hi
I am currently having 66 block/spell and finished all my block nodes on my passivetree with:

two essentia sanguis
The Anvil (not cor)

I am having difficulties to think of the rest of block chance

cor anvil (2%-4%)
jewel (1%)
Reckless Defence (2-4%)

How can you reach 78% with items you listed?
"
Lu_snake wrote:
Hi
I am currently having 66 block/spell and finished all my block nodes on my passivetree with:

two essentia sanguis
The Anvil (not cor)

I am having difficulties to think of the rest of block chance

cor anvil (2%-4%)
jewel (1%)
Reckless Defence (2-4%)

How can you reach 78% with items you listed?

Hey thank for the response!

You actually want to aim for 70 block in town, the other 8% comes from the gladiator's ascendancy when you get hit you gain extra block for 4 seconds, reseting with each hit.

I'd recommend using jewels to get block until you can find a corrupted anvil. There are three jewel slots you can use six points to get, that will get you up to 69 block fairly easily. Remember one of those jewels needs +2 mana gained on hit too in order to sustain molten strike.
Last edited by link1313 on Apr 14, 2016, 8:33:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info