Fireball

Currently fireball is a mediocar spell in regards to damage, the reason I would use this over other spells is because of the impact AoE it causes. I think the way ignite works is fine because of the AoE damage the spell causes but a small general damage increase wouldn't go a miss.

To make this a more rounded spell I think the AoE needs to increase in order for it to definatly hit nearby mobs (+20% maybe?), this would make the utility trade off with other elements alot better. On a secondary point the projectile speed could use a slight increase to make it more user friendly (+20% again?).

A small general uplift to this spell and it would be perfect.
"
Archescent wrote:
Currently fireball is a mediocar spell in regards to damage, the reason I would use this over other spells is because of the impact AoE it causes. I think the way ignite works is fine because of the AoE damage the spell causes but a small general damage increase wouldn't go a miss.

To make this a more rounded spell I think the AoE needs to increase in order for it to definatly hit nearby mobs (+20% maybe?), this would make the utility trade off with other elements alot better. On a secondary point the projectile speed could use a slight increase to make it more user friendly (+20% again?).

A small general uplift to this spell and it would be perfect.
But you can't rely on the AoE. Right now with fork, chain, and pierce being the primary support gems for projectile attacks, fireball loses out since it can't explode if it triggers any of those other effects.
WIth LMP or GMP, is it possible for multiple fireballs to hit the same enemy?
IGN: Iolar
spells can ghotgun except ethereal knives.
can anyone confirm if concentrated effect still works on fireball.
much obliged!
It's still an AoE skill, so it still works...
thanks for the quick reply,
a friend in hc said the tooltip didnt display enough for him to believe it was still working.
i shall try my luck with the spell
Multiple fire witches/shadow builds trying to work out viable fireball based builds (which dont get owned when swapping out FP into FB slot (even when holding dedicated fire nodes and no ice nodes, YES THIS IS A HUGE MOTHER FAULKER PROBLEM).

Uncertain if the devs are even reading this forum;

Fireball in a nutshell:

1) cost more mana that FP, This difference amplifies horrifically when scaled with support gems.
2) slower cast than FP, again this different scales poorly with faster/slower casting.
3) vastly... VASTLY slower than FP(and other spells) in travel speed(very important value vs fast moving mobs)
4) the aoe explosion is a joke, maxed nodes and support gems and it struggles often to hit multiple adjacent mobs (it should be atleast able to hit all adjacent mobs within range by default before nodes/support gems).
In comparison to the area of damage influence to Freezing pulse (fp) it is 1/14th as good.
5) Its damage needs to be atleast 1.5 FP as it doesnt have neat side affects like slow/freeze etc (or lightning shock stun etc). Stacking burns seems to still not work, and burn damage seems trivial in comparison to actual damage (also reliant on crit/ignite landing).
6) Bonus from quality is not as decent as other skill gems.
7) Still no "Clear" indication of actual AOE size(should be rendered on ground for caster only).
8) plays poorly with a few support gems. Why cant fireball explode multiple times if linked with pierce/chain etc.
9) Actualy numbers seem hidden heavily (intentional or not, or restricted by code, this needs to be addressed else it all becomes conjecture as to wtf is actually happening).
10) Hit rego still seems poor, Some spell projectiles hit monsters/players when they shouldnt, yet fireball seems to actually fly past the models and not even hit. (the ice/frost fireballs in vaal pyramid sare a prime example of hit regeo).

As listed above, fireball seems like it was the first spell created by the dev's and all since have been more "tuned" offering neat features with similar or better damage with all of the above listed bonuses. Even the lastest frost projectile spell 1 ups fireball by frostring the ground ontop of being an ice version of fireball......

Please for the love of the game can we get some feed back from the dev's and atleast a SERIOUSLY HUGE overhaul onto the balancing (at least match the cost/cast speed/AOE potential against FP).

PS: if projectile speed increase of 100% increases FP AOE by 900%, can we atleast have AOE nodes or the base fireball AOE drastically improved ?
Careful there, there are mobs that also use fireballs. They do hit adjacent mobs on the server, although adjacency is not necessarily same between server and client. In general adjacency is only guaranteed for some AI-types, like monkeys (which will come in-range and throw rocks) and your own minions.

GGG designed it to be more like a D2 fireball and not a D&D fireball - and the likely first course of action is to decrease freezing pulse's current OP-status rather than bring a whole lot of other skills up to match.

They'll get around to spell balances after fixing all the realm-crash and instance crashes, have some patience. In the meantime, find a concentrated effect gem.
Can someone tell me whether increasing fireball's area of effect also increases its trigger radius? That is, will increasing its area affect make it more likely to shotgun a single foe?
IGN: Iolar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info