Fireball

A just found a tiny bug concerning Fireball (though i guess it affects all projectile spells, but i've seen it on the fireball) - i started a new game as the witch and your first skill is fireball.
But sometimes my fireballs exploded in midair before hitting a target or wall etc. Than i noticed that there was one of those zombies on the floor which raise when you get closer - so basically the fireball can't fly over them and explode as if it hit them (when the zombie raised when i came closer it wasn't damaged)

But as i said its just a small detail...

Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
I wish base fireball was either made with bigger AoE or faster. Even with faster projectiles support it is way too slow to hit moving targets unless they move towards you.
Can witches at least get a passive that increases projectile spells travel speed like the passives that do that for arrows (which is kind of pointless as arrows don't miss)?

AoE passives are too weak. I know they need to be weak because they affect all spells, but it would be cool if we could choose passives that affect only one spell but give 2x or 3x bonus. I know I can put AoE support on fireball but that is still not THE FIREBALL we see in popular fantasy (and cRPGs).
You got to know that every nerdy boy dream is to throw huge fireballs at its enemies. Every DnD wizard player I have ever played with or talked through forums likes to throw big fireballs at enemies. It is the archetype wizard.

Damn so many People say The Fireball is weak or too Slow?
But for me A Inferno Necromancer who specialize in Fire Magics and Exploding Minions its a really Fine Spell.

The Good(IMO)

As Long as i Hit my Distracted Targets i am Fine whit the Speed of The Fireball.

The AoE Radius is nice too, i can hit a Nice Group of Distracted Targets.

The MP cost is OK too, as you can see i had Combined Lightning Damage whit The Fireball and whit that i spend 25mp/cast.

The Bad(IMO)

OK the Damage could be higher but not that much, cause you could combine max 2 Damage Adder Gems and The Fireball will Burn all to a crisp for a Price.

I am not sure if the next is in the right place ignore that if it is, but The Fireball needs a Shadow, always i cast a Fireball something is missing i think its the Shadow of it (or more Light Radius cause its Fire you see).

Takahiro the Inferno Necromancer!
My Army of Death is Filled whit Tons of TNT:)!
Last edited by Takahiro86 on Jun 9, 2012, 11:42:22 AM
You cannot take another set of skills and then say Fireball is OK because all these other skills I use LOL.

You can just as well use Ice Spear with minions. It will be 2x better then fireball as it will keep all enemies at range and Ice Spear will always have its max critical chance.

As of the most recent patch, fireball still is too weak.

I set up a fire witch courtesy of the new skill reset (level 31) with all +fire/burning talents and the legendary fire staff and tried the following:

Fireball + Greater Multiple Projects + Pierce

The only thing this build accomplished was finding a sound skip/glitch when targetting directly in front of the character (the sound skips/distorts).

I tried removing GMP so the blast could be more concentrated, however this was still very weak.

I'd like to see something retuned for fireball - maybe allow burning effects to stack, so if I burn the mob 3 times in a row they are taking 3x the normal burn damage.
Yeah Fireball is a pretty weak spell. I still use it because I like it though but increasing the damage a bit would be much appreciated for us that like the path of fire :)

I agree on one thing. Fireball is weak before you can support it with some kind of multiprojectiles and concentrated area. After those 2 it becomes killing machine. Even in Chaos.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
"
Targuil wrote:
I agree on one thing. Fireball is weak before you can support it with some kind of multiprojectiles and concentrated area. After those 2 it becomes killing machine. Even in Chaos.

Yeah, you might be right but so do most other spells and offensive skills if supported correctly I guess.

I don't think Fireball needs to be tweaked too much but since it is kinda hard to hit with it sometimes a +dmg increase or possibly a stacking debuff on the target after x number of hits would be a good compensation for the challenge it takes to hit. Personally I don't think Fireball needs to be faster, I like the challenge of slow nuke idea - but currently, in it's unsupported form, it is more slow than nuke :)

"
Hrafnin wrote:
"
Targuil wrote:

Yeah, you might be right but so do most other spells and offensive skills if supported correctly I guess.

I don't think Fireball needs to be tweaked too much but since it is kinda hard to hit with it sometimes a +dmg increase or possibly a stacking debuff on the target after x number of hits would be a good compensation for the challenge it takes to hit. Personally I don't think Fireball needs to be faster, I like the challenge of slow nuke idea - but currently, in it's unsupported form, it is more slow than nuke :)

I agree it's kind of generic skill but it does do it's job. To hit all projectiles you just need to aim far beyond enemy. I got used to it.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
How about after the Fireball explosion it creates a Patch of Fire (like that from those Cannibal Dudes whit the Torches) then that Fireball dont need to be faster, we could Burn our Foes to Ashes!
Takahiro the Inferno Necromancer!
My Army of Death is Filled whit Tons of TNT:)!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info