Explosive Arrow

"
Herculeet wrote:
I absolutely love the this gem when paired with multiple projectiles and piercing passive. Everything goes boom.

This.
"
cavemandiary2 wrote:
Like others have said, this skill is very underwhelming due to how much time it takes to set up, compared to just raw spamming split or fire arrow.

I like the idea of a combo system like that, but it absolutely needs to have much more damage for anyone to consider it for an attackspeed build.

maybe one way to make the skill "set up" faster would be if for example crits create 2 Charges on the Target, but this should be implemented after the crit flasks get nerfed :D
IGN: kReiZy
This skill is anything but underwhelming. You have to build for +%fire dmg and AoE radius, rather than the conventional raw attack speed. Hence it is better suited to templar, marauders or witches. I see nothing wrong with offering a viable bow build for these classes though.

You also have to consider that its an AoE skill, NOT a single target skill. The damage is incredibly good when you use it on big packs, with pierce/multi projectiles for the basic setup.
IGN : Jovial
yeah
The only thing I'd want to change with this skill right now is to have it immediately explode at 5 charges instead of pointlessly refreshing the duration.

I mean, why not if it's already at max charges?
"
Zarondd wrote:
The only thing I'd want to change with this skill right now is to have it immediately explode at 5 charges instead of pointlessly refreshing the duration.

I mean, why not if it's already at max charges?

Or at least 100% pierce chance if enemy have 5 charges already.

"
scorpitron wrote:
i will provide video soon since nobody took me seriously last time...

make a witch...grab a bow...get this skill...take all the fire/aoe passives...then tell me how this skill performs.

hint...it creates a insanely great dps witch. im talking 2 shot blue mobs in chaos. not 2 shots per target...2 shots for the entire mob since you have huge aoe from witch as well :)

no chance a ranger can ever take advantage of this skill like a witch or templar can.

So when shall that video ever come ? Been eagerly waiting for this for a long time actually ?
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Was putting it up for build contest, but might as well put it up here as well if someone wants to see how efficient it can be for AoE damage.

Explosive Arrow Bow Witch

Fellshrine
Dried Lake - lvl 60 map

edit : added lvl 60 map run, more mobs, more explosions :)
IGN : Jovial
Last edited by yhateful on Jul 29, 2012, 6:28:28 PM
"
BrecMadak wrote:
"
scorpitron wrote:
i will provide video soon since nobody took me seriously last time...

make a witch...grab a bow...get this skill...take all the fire/aoe passives...then tell me how this skill performs.

hint...it creates a insanely great dps witch. im talking 2 shot blue mobs in chaos. not 2 shots per target...2 shots for the entire mob since you have huge aoe from witch as well :)

no chance a ranger can ever take advantage of this skill like a witch or templar can.

So when shall that video ever come ? Been eagerly waiting for this for a long time actually ?

Scorp's pretty much quit until open beta. I'm leveling one atm in the 2 week ladder. Assuming I don't die, and I figure out how to do video, I'll see if i can get on this.
"
indczn wrote:
Scorp's pretty much quit until open beta. I'm leveling one atm in the 2 week ladder. Assuming I don't die, and I figure out how to do video, I'll see if i can get on this.

FWIW, I took my unspecced level 64 templar and dumped all hits points into +fire and +AoE radius passives, plus the typical ES/CI setup. With some decent +ele damage and a middling bow, he's serviceable right now in merciless fellshrine with explosive arrow only at level 4, and that's without any fire on the bow or a +fire support (yet). I expect things to just get better from this point as I grind up the skill gems.

The increased AoE and arrows from LMP makes for a lot of booms and conflagrated zombies :)

EDIT: Here's the build: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQUAAJbF5wcmypYLCtJZDTEnnBi6bYQakfLaILkVpypDLxEw2jlwMr1m1jbSHOo268VUPS5LFT-eX01JRzicSwYla0zjNAlNM76rVchswFdgxb1c2d8UYhIaFmK76pRjOr_IZRFytWWkhwln7gnqb0BPh3cAFgl8hsoZfMAh3nz20Jp-mmTTf6rIHoUORe-Gc4sPhtSerotmthKPuwqdmS1ht5vwKsWcIzysnMVEzam_B2Kuc3EDsEl9orEoYKOx29P2uMACe7j1f-28gbjmvSG7Vr0pmYDAcPSWwwcy58YhEwLIOTABzcpmY83aqMbYZqkl2ZuoEtszIrjgIiIf5K_cDuVj0FTrYAuN66QiSfU5uo_4X7Iz-JMbnPrjGZP8c7rC_Zht0_6L4q4=

He also dabbles as a trapper, hence the little bits of spell damage and a lack of weapon-specific damage nodes (no Catalyze, yet, maybe). I seem to be running out of ways to increase the damage of the Explosive Arrow explosion part though. I'm wondering if things like Concentrated Effect will help.
Last edited by unsmith on Aug 8, 2012, 10:26:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info