Explosive Arrow

Still hoping Mark sees the last post, since it seemed like he said it did work then didn't.
"
sanddemon wrote:
Still hoping Mark sees the last post, since it seemed like he said it did work then didn't.
The post I was responding to in the quote was ambiguous as to which part it was referring to, and I appear to have interpreted it wrong, which has lead to misunderstandings. Weapon elemental damage increases - and for that matter any bonus specific to weapons - will have no effect on the explosion, because that isn't weapon damage.

The arrow hit IS weapon damage, and is affected, but this skill no longer inherently does elemental damage on the hit (it used to).
Using this as main skill on my lv 37 Ranger in a +1 to Bow Gems Bow.
I play her with Bloodmage and focus on crit damage, crit multiplicator and attack speed and her killspeed is very good.

"
MetalSlugVII wrote:
Using this as main skill on my lv 37 Ranger in a +1 to Bow Gems Bow.
I play her with Bloodmage and focus on crit damage, crit multiplicator and attack speed and her killspeed is very good.

How do you deal with elemental reflect rares? Or have you not one-shot yourself yet (it's only a matter of time)?
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
Well, im using Poison Arrow with Vulnerability for Elemental Reflect mobs and as long he is alone i can still use Explosive Arrow.

I would like to start a character focused on this skill, but before I do, I'd like to know a few things first so that I can plan accordingly.

• Is there a maximum amount of fuse charges that can be applied to a single target? UristMcDwarfy said 5 was the maximum, but there wasn't any confirmation that this was true, and it doesn't say there is a maximum anywhere in the skill description.
  • Does the Concentrated Effect Support Gem affect the damage of the explosion?
  • Will the Mana Leech and Life Leech Support Gems provide mana and life for the explosion damage, or only for the initial hit of the arrow?
"
Shadowstorm wrote:
Is there a maximum amount of fuse charges that can be applied to a single target? UristMcDwarfy said 5 was the maximum, but there wasn't any confirmation that this was true, and it doesn't say there is a maximum anywhere in the skill description.
Five is correct.
"
Shadowstorm wrote:
Does the Concentrated Effect Support Gem affect the damage of the explosion?
Yes
"
Shadowstorm wrote:
Will the Mana Leech and Life Leech Support Gems provide mana and life for the explosion damage, or only for the initial hit of the arrow?
Both
Like others have said, this skill is very underwhelming due to how much time it takes to set up, compared to just raw spamming split or fire arrow.

I like the idea of a combo system like that, but it absolutely needs to have much more damage for anyone to consider it for an attackspeed build.
Last edited by cavemandiary2 on Apr 11, 2012, 8:54:23 AM
I absolutely love the this gem when paired with multiple projectiles and piercing passive. Everything goes boom.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info