Explosive Arrow

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The first arrow is the one that explodes. The others do nothing but add charges to it.

I never did an EA build... but was planning forward to it.

What I was told was that EA with 30% chance to ignite rolls for an ignite on each fuse stacked (besides the initial hit).

So a 5-stack enemy had a chance of 83,19% to be ignited when the fuses expire.

Am I completely wrong?
Last edited by Visca on Nov 17, 2016, 5:59:15 AM
"
Visca wrote:

What I was told was that EA with 30% chance to ignite rolls for an ignite on each fuse stacked (besides the initial hit).

So a 5-stack enemy had a chance of 83,19% to be ignited when the fuses expire.

Am I completely wrong?

Yes, definitely wrong. There's only a single explosion regardless of how many fuses, and it rolls once for crit, ignite, etc.
"
TheMipchunk wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The first arrow is the one that explodes. The others do nothing but add charges to it.

Thanks for the prompt response. Does the same rule apply to the duration, or does the duration of the charge effect depend on which EA skill applied it?
The duration of the added charge comes from the skill adding the charge.
I wish the mana cost would be brought down a bit! Kind of forces you into blood magic... :(

A 21/20 gem + lvl 4 empower in a 6 link put me over 135 mana cost.
Regarding visca's thought, possibly who you heard that from meant single arrow ignites, as if you aoe overlap 5 arrows (on a terrain or wall, since stacks do not build up on non monster/player), the chance to ignite at least once with a 30% ignite chance is 1-(0.7^5) = 0.83193

In which case the ignite would not do that much damage since it is damage of a single stack and also probably have some less modifiers (gmp) double dipping as well.

I have created a non blood magic EA character without wasting links using chieftain's reduced mana cost and 1% fire leech and a couple of jewels, so it has the flexibility to go vaal pact (and still spam without losing life) or change a few depending on map, but feels like it wasn't worth it. At lvl 87 i only have 5.7k life compared to some going 7-9k life and not really more defences than most EA, probably less considering some can go zerphi/MoM/acro

Any plans to increase single target damage for this skill?
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Mar 28, 2017, 5:26:30 PM
Any plan regarding EA at the start of 3.0 ?
Seems like the gem is gutted with the nerf of ignite damage, even with the new gems, the classic build of EA using quill rain seems completely dead.

All in one service, master craft and boss service
Master Craft Service in SYNTHESIS SC. My IGN: ephlios
Free Maps/Challenges/Shaper/Breachlords/Guardians/Uberlab/Atziri service
Main and vouch thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1975446
[img]https://i.imgur.com/e1OVgsf.gif[/img]
Last edited by ephilios on Jun 14, 2017, 6:33:36 PM
Suggestion on a change to the gem, since the maximum stacks on an enemy is 5, would you guys consider changing the gem so that it explodes when the 5th arrow lands in an enemy? This would benefit the single target of the skill gem and overall make smoother to play with.

Also would align with the changes made to flameblast so that explosive arrow can be used with ranged attack totems more effectively. Thanks
IGN: Logik_SWT
"
FlawedLogik wrote:
Suggestion on a change to the gem, since the maximum stacks on an enemy is 5, would you guys consider changing the gem so that it explodes when the 5th arrow lands in an enemy? This would benefit the single target of the skill gem and overall make smoother to play with.

Also would align with the changes made to flameblast so that explosive arrow can be used with ranged attack totems more effectively. Thanks

Pretty great suggestion. Now that boss HP in 3.0 is significantly higher this skill needs a big time boost to single target. It was already garbage buy now its elemental hit level bad.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Does the explosion still scale with Projectile Damage? I was watching a video and it said it does not. I have not seen any changes in the patch notes to this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info