Explosive Arrow

Dont get me wrong, the skill is OK in singleplayer mode. You can kill a group of normal monsters pretty fast and the skill also isnt sooo bad against bosses.
But the other skills (eg. poison or lightning arrow) combined with a high end bow will one-shot most normal monsters anyway and are better against single target.

You are right, EA in singleplayer feels almost OP but because of the low monster HP. Almost every skill feels a bit OP in singleplayer while fighting against normal monsters with a really good weapon (and thats how it should be in an hack&slay imho)...

Only in multiplayer mode you really see the disadvantages of EA in comparison to other skills. You will notice that other players kill a lot of monsters even before you can deal any dmg to them. And this is even worse without the pre-patch pierce.
I think thats the reason why you dont see many people using EA.

The only real advantage of EA is that you dont need a good weapon -> most people wont use this skill in end-game and that's what worries me
Last edited by azraelb on Sep 12, 2012, 4:31:56 PM
My only complaint now is I can't keep track of the charges anymore.
There is definitely a bug pertaining to the apparent placement of an arrow / fuse, and the actual placement of the explosion.

Many times, using LMP + EA, the projectile will pass over an obstacle and hit something further away, but the arrow / fuse will appear to stick to that obstacle and a second later detonate somewhere else.

I've noticed this infrequently throughout different areas, but it is becoming much more apparent in the Vaal Ruins.

EDIT: There are also many times where a fuse will detonate (or maybe it doesn't) but the arrow / fuse remains. I notice this most often (I think) when a monster dies before attached fuses detonate.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Sep 13, 2012, 10:45:40 AM
Does the fuses crit chance depend on my weapons base crit chance?
Chris/GGG/Other testers,

Ran some testing tonight to see if explosive arrow is falling into the same bug/issue that fire trap is. The bug is that if firetrap's explosion kills a mob, it doesn't consider your MF gear bonuses into it's equation, so you may be losing out on a lot of drops that way.

Would like more people to test and see if Explosive arrow's explosions specifically (Not burning damage or the arrows themselves, the fuses) count the MF bonus of your gear.

Way we did it was using my buddy's Ice Witch that has pretty decent MF numbers, and farming Alira/Oak. Alira would drop 2-5 Rares with his Freezing Pulse. Oak would drop 2-6 rares. With Quill Rain + Explosive Arrow he wasn't getting any letting the explosions kill the bosses. (Whittle bosses down using default attack, then 5-fuse charge for the killshot)

If someone has already looked into this, hopefully you can provide some input. Also, I was told Fire Trap is experiencing this bug, but I haven't looked for the thread myself as I don't use the skill atm.
"
thronde wrote:
The bug is that if firetrap's explosion kills a mob, it doesn't consider your MF gear bonuses into it's equation
That is not the case. I am not aware of any such bug being reported, and I have tested now and can confirm that both fire trap's explosion and the ground fire both award you the kill correctly, thus causing your iiq/iir stats to apply.
The same is true for explosive arrow.
Does each fuse have a chance to ignite or is it just one chance to ignite per explosion.
RIP Bolto
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
thronde wrote:
The bug is that if firetrap's explosion kills a mob, it doesn't consider your MF gear bonuses into it's equation
That is not the case. I am not aware of any such bug being reported, and I have tested now and can confirm that both fire trap's explosion and the ground fire both award you the kill correctly, thus causing your iiq/iir stats to apply.
The same is true for explosive arrow.

Awesome, thanks Mark. Good to know I was just being paranoid.
I heard lmp/gmp malus damage not affecting explosion damage of EA might be not intended and will be fixed. Is this true ?

I thought it was a cool feature...
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
"
zriL wrote:
I heard lmp/gmp malus damage not affecting explosion damage of EA might be not intended and will be fixed. Is this true ?

I thought it was a cool feature...
That's changing yes. Previously we couldn't do this (well, we could, but I personally wouldn't want to, because it wouldn't make sense) because the damage was dealt separately from the arrow, so it didn't make any sense for it to be considered projectile damage.

Now we (finally) have the actual art for this skill in and it functions as intended - the arrow itself, which is a projectile, explodes and deals damage. That means that the damage can (and arguably should) be considered projectile damage, just as when a fireball explodes it deals projectile damage. Carl also needed this for balance reasons, so since we now could quite reasonably consider it projectile damage, it is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info